Move to the City

Say what you will about the Illusion touring line up but the horn section really added a lot to this song. Just listened to the Tokyo version. The horn, keyboard, and piano solos are a great lead in to Slash's solo. He nailed that one....I love Duff's base in the background too.

It was a definitely a fun line up for a tour. I am glad it wasn't permanent though. The stripped down Skin N' Bones tour after was refreshing and incredible.. St Patty's Day 1993 at the old Boston Garden.. Best show I have ever seen in my life and I have been to hundreds..

It was a definitely a fun line up for a tour. I am glad it wasn't permanent though. The stripped down Skin N' Bones tour after was refreshing and incredible.. St Patty's Day 1993 at the old Boston Garden.. Best show I have ever seen in my life and I have been to hundreds..

I was at that show too!!!! That was the third and last time I saw them during the Illusion run. It was awesome.

• Like 1

Say what you will about the Illusion touring line up but the horn section really added a lot to this song. Just listened to the Tokyo version. The horn, keyboard, and piano solos are a great lead in to Slash's solo. He nailed that one....I love Duff's base in the background too.

tokyo version?

to me, that one you mention is the "tracy and roberta" tokyo version.

or should i say the "circus" tokyo version?

how about the, lets say, "original" tokyo version?

or maybe i should say the "guns n roses" tokyo version?

or should i just call it the "five guys playing rock n roll" tokyo version?

how about it?

I loved the "big band" era of the UYI tour. The horns added a lot and were not overused. Teddy Zig-Zag was utilized appropriately. The ladies' backing vocals were magical at parts, especially in a song like Yesterdays. Anytime I listen to the studio version of that song, it's hard not to imagine the female backing vocals in the background.

Everything was tasteful.

Edited by GNRSkidRow1

I was at that show too!!!! That was the third and last time I saw them during the Illusion run. It was awesome.

Loudest crowd I think I have ever been a part of.

how about it?

I would kill to have been able to see that tour.

yeah...

when i was younger i used to say that id happily give some years of my life just to be on that ritz show

guess i could say the same about this one in japan

now that all this is happening i just wonder if i`ll ever be able to see the five guys onstage -- with no additional musicians whatsoever -- just the five guys

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

at this point id be very happy to have at least axl, izzy, slash and duff -- and a drummer

Edited by ludurigan