How would you solve the drummer question?

If you have rotating drummers just do small sets of songs.

Steven starts with Easy, Brownstone, Jungle, Civil War.

Then Matt jumps up for You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry, Live N Let Die, Heaven's Door, Nov Rain, Estranged.

The Frank jumps in for Chi dem, Better, Street of Dreams, This I Love, Catcher.

Steven pops back up for Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Sweet Child O Mine, Paradise City

Nah, just feel it is indecent to toss out a perfectly fine band member just because Slash and Duff is returning to the band. It's immoral towards a loyal and hard-working band member.

You could very well be talking about Tommy Stinson. That didn't stop them.

I hope I am better than them.

Anyways, didn't Tommy leave by own decision?

I was talking about the band. Duff wanted back and Axl wanted Duff back, so Tommy was de facto fired. Could very well happen to Frank.

Tommy said they left it in Vegas, so basically it was Gilby all over again, the cheques stopped coming.

I wish that we would have a cage with five drummers in it. (Adler, Sorum, Freese, Brain and Frank)

Before each song the crowd would choose who plays the next song (next song showed on the screen). The drummer that has the loudest db measured will play the song. Simple and very interactive, I would imagine that Adler would play about 90%, Sorum 9% and the others 1% on the entire tour.

Five men enter, one man drums!

So I guess the choices are Steven, Matt, Frank or a combination of some kind. Given musical considerations as well as their personal and professional history, what do you think the band should do?

Last I heard Frank is the drummer in GN'R. No reason to even contemplate alternatives.

Yeah a Guns N Roses reunion is being talked about and there's no reason to even contemplate alternatives to Frank as the drummer......No reason to contemplate alternatives to the least Guns n Roses drummer ever. Holy fuck. :lol:

Reunion? You talking about Slash and Duff coming back to the band? Why would that necessitate throwing out the drummer? Two guitar players and a bass player left the band, no drummer. So not following you at all.

Oh stop it.

It's indecent too, to just toss out the drummer in the band because Slash and Duff is returning to the fold.

If Guns N' Roses are getting back together, it only makes sense to invite people who were in that band. No one of consequence is buying the "Slash and Duff decided to come back to Axl's band" line.

Yeah, but Guns N' Roses isn't getting back together. Mostly for the fact it never disappeared, but also because only a few old band members are returning to replace some that left.

I refer you to my previous statement. No one of consequence is buying that line.

But as long as Slash and Duff ARE coming back to "Axl's band", as in they replacing Tommy and Bumblefoot/Dj who have quit, then it ISN'T a reunion of the AFD or UYI lineups, regardless how hard some people here want it to be. I don't know about how many who understands this are "of consequence" or not, but I think pretty many DO understand it, including all the band members.

I understand, and to some extent appreciate, that you want to turn it into a ressurection of any of those lineups, but we have no reason to believe that is happening. If Axl was disbanding the last lineup to do some nostalgia shows with the AFD lineup, then fine, Steven must of course return, but again, we have no reason to think that THAT is Axl's plan here. Maybe Steven will be helped up on stage for a show or two, but most indications suggest that what we have now is a hybrid luneup consisting of the last lineup with some old members form the band's heydays. And as such discussing things as if a full reunion is the plan and that Frank must be tossed out because he is a problem, is a bit insulting.

Again, this usn't a reunion, it is Slash and Duff wanting to play in Guns N' Roses again, even to the extent of joining the latest lineup. And why shouldn't they want to do that? They will play great songs, many of which they helped to write, with other great musicians, to large audiences possibly all over the world.

I can appreciate the point of view that Axl (likely) holds that the past 20 years weren't a gigantic waste of time and that somehow It's still his "Guns N' Roses" that the old hands have asked to rejoin, but there's maybe 5 people outside of Brazil that hold that viewpoint. Unfortunately, they all happen to be on this forum.

We have Axl, Slash! Duff and Dizzy on board. I think it's OK to call it a UYI lineup reunion. Matt and Gilby were additional musicians anyway.

If people want to keep on believing that Slash and duff are replacements on NuGNR, I suggest watching the promo spots they have been releasing and taking a look at the three musicians they show. Hint: it's not Fortus Frank and Pitoman.

This is not Axl's show anymore, sorry. If it was, it wouldn't get a headlining spot in Coachella. GNR is reunited and we still don't know who else will play with/for them.

I'm fine with Matt, he's great imo. And it would look even more as the classic UYI tour. Don't like Frank, not sure about Steven, Sorum for the win.

People should accept GN'R is back and that Axl's solo project is over. I mean, these people kept telling others all the time that Slash was gone and people should accept it and all that stuff. Tables have turned. Slash is back, NuGNR is over. Get over it.

• Like 1

If you have rotating drummers just do small sets of songs.

Steven starts with Easy, Brownstone, Jungle, Civil War.

Then Matt jumps up for You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry, Live N Let Die, Heaven's Door, Nov Rain, Estranged.

The Frank jumps in for Chi dem, Better, Street of Dreams, This I Love, Catcher.

Steven pops back up for Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Sweet Child O Mine, Paradise City

Not a bad idea really.. Although if we are getting new material, I wonder which drummer they're using to record it..? Probably Frank I would think, right?!

I can appreciate the point of view that Axl (likely) holds that the past 20 years weren't a gigantic waste of time and that somehow It's still his "Guns N' Roses" that the old hands have asked to rejoin, but there's maybe 5 people outside of Brazil that hold that viewpoint. Unfortunately, they all happen to be on this forum.

Well, I think the amount of people how have enjoyed concerts these last years, enjoyed CD, realizes that what we are (likely) to receive is a mix of members form various lineups, and acknowledges that GN'R has existed for quite some time, is more than an insignificant number or contained to Brazil. But this is besides the point, isn't it? My problem wasn't whether we are right or not to call it a reunion (it certainly isn't a lineup reunion at least), whether CD was a failure (commercially it was, artistically it depends on whether you liked it or not and whether the artists are happy with it), whether it was Guns N' Roses or not (formally it was, subjectivelly you are as free to deny it being GN'R as you are free to deny the landmass immediate north of England being Scotland), but whether it is right to throw out a band member who has been in the band for quite some time considering that we aren't receiving a full reunion anyways and that he has (apparently) been nothing but loyal and hardworkign all this time (I think it is indecent, actually).

If people want to keep on believing that Slash and duff are replacements on NuGNR, I suggest watching the promo spots they have been releasing and taking a look at the three musicians they show. Hint: it's not Fortus Frank and Pitoman.

You'd be a worthless advertisement guy or adviser to NOT focus on the fact that Slash and Duff is back in the band. The fact that they do focus on this only means they know what the crowds want to see, not that it is meant as an argument in a pretty absurd discussion on niche forums on whether Slash and Duff joins Guns N' Roses to replace members who left, or whether members had to go to give room for Slash and Duff and that we we have now is NOT a continuation of nuGN'R but rather some convoluted step back in time to ressurrect an old version of GN'R with a few members from the last lineup hanging on.

A rotating drummer idea is awful.. This is supposed to be a reunion.. Guns N' Roses were a true band back in the day.. Having rotating drummers gives it a cheap circus feel much like NuGnR has had. Rotate Frank in to play CD songs?? C'mon.. No one except a handful of people on this forum are interested in hearing them play any more CD songs..

Adler or anyone but Frank...

If Adler doesn't get the gig, then haviong him up for a few songs would be cool, but to have 3 different drummers rotating around is stupid..

The idea of having multiple drummers is ridiculous.   To think they need to bring one guy to play one set of songs and another to play another group of song sounds like bad fan fiction and that's not the way the world works.

That's not to say there couldn't be a guest appearance by someone for a couple songs, like Izzy used to do.

Frank has been there close to 10 years now, seems like its his job to lose.   

Honestly I'd rather have Sorum and Gilby back in the band than Frank and Fortus. 

Sorum was not an "additional employee" or whatever the fuck you wanna call him. He was a member of real Guns. Gilby, ok sure, he was a hired hand, but a hired hand in the real Guns. For that I have always considered him kinda a half member or something.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, I think the amount of people how have enjoyed concerts these last years, enjoyed CD, realizes that what we are (likely) to receive is a mix of members form various lineups, and acknowledges that GN'R has existed for quite some time, is more than an insignificant number or contained to Brazil. But this is besides the point, isn't it? My problem wasn't whether we are right or not to call it a reunion (it certainly isn't a lineup reunion at least), whether CD was a failure (commercially it was, artistically it depends on whether you liked it or not and whether the artists are happy with it), whether it was Guns N' Roses or not (formally it was, subjectivelly you are as free to deny it being GN'R as you are free to deny the landmass immediate north of England being Scotland), but whether it is right to throw out a band member who has been in the band for quite some time considering that we aren't receiving a full reunion anyways and that he has (apparently) been nothing but loyal and hardworkign all this time (I think it is indecent, actually).

Keep towing that party line!

If you want iconic GnR acoustic drums sound (and not a thin can), unique groove, a cow bell, and push-pull rhythm switches - go with Adler.

BUT

Drummer and bass player have to get along really well. If Duff has a problem with Adler, Ferrer would do.

Any one of them can play everything so no multiple drummers. Personally, I would love to hear Adler on UYI/SI material. It would only improve it (assuming he is not drunk).