Man uses Nic Cage/Michelle Rodriguez to sneak into Troubadour show

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Awesome. I met one of these guys  (who didn't get in) last night around 4am and he told me the story. From the way he told it,him and his two buddies are hardcore fans and the guy who got in was more casual.

You mean this guy who got in and went through all that trouble is a casual GNR fan?

On 4/8/2016 at 10:55 AM, DieselDaisy said:

It is a bit of a shame why it was a VIP fest. It should have been solely for the proper fans. If these so-called 'celebrities' wanted to go, they should have went through the same procedure as everybody else.

Celebrity self-importance.

It's Los Angeles, not surprised tbh.

I'm almost surprised they let fans in at all - they easily could have packed that place with their own friends/family, industry insiders, celebrities, etc. if they wanted to. Could have been very exclusive, but it was mostly open to the public - as long as you were at the right place at the right time. 

On 8.4.2016 at 4:55 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It is a bit of a shame why it was a VIP fest. It should have been solely for the proper fans. If these so-called 'celebrities' wanted to go, they should have went through the same procedure as everybody else.

Celebrity self-importance.

Yeah. It's a bit disheartening, when you see people like Chris Brown, Emily Whatsherface and others, who were not even properly around when GNR had their heyday walk in, just because they are "celebrities" or know someone. I could have puked, then and there.

On 8.4.2016 at 5:06 PM, Subtle Signs said:

Awesome. I met one of these guys  (who didn't get in) last night around 4am and he told me the story. From the way he told it,him and his two buddies are hardcore fans and the guy who got in was more casual.

No. That was not "my" guy, the one from the facebook story. We did see the Cage group leave the restaurant though. After them, there was another group and he got in with them.

6 minutes ago, SidneyWish said:

His looks counts for the fact that he could blag his way in. Any younger guy with a Guns T-Shirt wouldn't have stood past the bouncers. As he described, he looked a bit like he belonged there.

Yeah. The same as my friend. He was dressed smart... with a suit jacket and shit. Not like a 80ies sleaze rock fanboy, who has just stepped out of a timemachine.

On 4/8/2016 at 9:04 PM, KeyserSoze said:

holy crap... i just posted this story in the shows separate thread, but holy shit. this man is a risk taker!!! he sounds like a lurker here too, so if your lurking or have an account, show yourself!!!:lol:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/anthony-knasas/how-i-snuck-into-guns-n-roses-at-the-troubadour-on-april-1st-2016/10153878621960862

Def a lurker, but a cool lurker!