Happy Slash

mend

I think too many speculate Axl and Slash have just hashed this out recently and they are fragile. I tend to think the healing and forgiveness  process has been in the works for the past couple years. I think Duff has been the go between for several years as far back as 2013. My personal belief is they have been talking and bonding for well over a year plus. I think they are very solid  

I think Slash is very happy to be back playing together.  He was very intense at the Troubadour show.  That said,  I thought he was a little irritated at the beginning when Axl was,  shocker, late,  and I thought that's why he waited to come out.  I also think Axl acknowledged it when he introduced him before a solo as "it's weird,  it's pissed and it calls itself Slash."  He  seemed perfectly fine later though. 

3 minutes ago, jnine said:

I think Slash is very happy to be back playing together.  He was very intense at the Troubadour show.  That said,  I thought he was a little irritated at the beginning when Axl was,  shocker, late,  and I thought that's why he waited to come out.  I also think Axl acknowledged it when he introduced him before a solo as "it's weird,  it's pissed and it calls itself Slash."  He  seemed perfectly fine later though. 

That's how Axl introduced him back in the day... nothing to see here

6 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Slash is a very nervous person. Look him at the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fam Speech... he was very nervous.  I can tell you,

He was very concentrated... but he runs at Double Talkin Jive :-)

This is the point! Slash is a very, VERY shy guy. Like, he gets nervous in front of people. Now think about how he feels about playing in GNR again after all that happened.

Besides, back in the day, Slash was not only younger, but moved by drugs and alcohol, which "helped" him to lose himself onstage. He's sober, he's in his 50s, he has a pacemaker on his heart (which must have been triggered several times yesterday) and he has a more professional approach to his playing.

He is happy guys. And so are we. :slash:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

When did he say "did you miss him"?

From @ChineseIRS Troubadour gig review:

Before the slide solo in Rocket Queen Slash did an extended talkbox solo, when he finished it Axl had a huge smile on his face and looked at us and said "you missed that, didnt you?"

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/214419-guns-n-roses-play-troubadour-los-angeles-friday-april-1-2016-axl-slash-duff-reunited/&page=221

Edited by LandOla

Not much is certain about this reunion except for one thing: hadn't they spent billions of hours talking and explaining everything to each other and hadn't their relationship been mended and rock solid, no word would have been spoken about the reunion.  They had to be perfectly fine to even start thinking about it. Neither of them would risk getting into it without being sure that they can pull through it. It's crazy to think otherwise. So stop worrying about them, they're very fine.

• Like 1

I didn't get a great vibe when I watched clips from The Troubadour, but I'm feeling better about it now. I think what we're seeing from Slash is a combination of nerves, focus, and whatever internal emotions he must be experiencing.

I saw VR right after Slash had gone to Axl's house, but it hadn't been made public yet.  In retrospect there was probably something wrong, but it really wasn't noticeable.  Duff, Slash and Scott all interacted on stage and I've got plenty of pics of him smiling.  I remember at the end however Slash swung his guitar hard and knocked over his amp like he was pissed.  That was a bit weird because the show itself was great. He's a professional first and foremost.

People forgive but they don't forget,  and I'm sure this is still a work in progress.  I don't see Slash walking away from this tour, he would never do that to fans.  And Axl seems to be legit happy, so I'm not too worried.  Hopefully spending more time together on tour will bring them even closer.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

13 minutes ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

People forgive but they don't forget,  and I'm sure this is still a work in progress.  I don't see Slash walking away from this tour, he would never do that to fans.  And Axl seems to be legit happy, so I'm not too worried.  Hopefully spending more time together on tour will bring them even closer.

Yeah, maybe. But they don't need to be close do they. If they have an amicable relationship is that not enough?

Plus as the Marc situation highlights, is anyone really ever Axl Rose's friend?

21 minutes ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

I didn't get a great vibe when I watched clips from The Troubadour, but I'm feeling better about it now. I think what we're seeing from Slash is a combination of nerves, focus, and whatever internal emotions he must be experiencing.

I saw VR right after Slash had gone to Axl's house, but it hadn't been made public yet.  In retrospect there was probably something wrong, but it really wasn't noticeable.  Duff, Slash and Scott all interacted on stage and I've got plenty of pics of him smiling.  I remember at the end however Slash swung his guitar hard and knocked over his amp like he was pissed.  That was a bit weird because the show itself was great. He's a professional first and foremost.

Read the article about it. Did Slash really badmouthing VR? I know Axl is an honest Man