07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

7 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

No way is Frank better than Matt, not in a billion years, certainly not for the job he's been hired. And Fortus may be a technically better guitarist than Gilby, but Gilby was much more similar to Izzy, which lets be honest, that's who they're there to emulate. I'm not complaining by the way. I saw the band at both Vegas shows and they were great. I just don't think you're giving Gilby and Matt the credit that they're due

Gilby was in guns but to me was never a gunner.only recorded covers with em.was there for maybe 3yrs tops.Fortus is just as rock n roll as Gilby any day of the week.if not more so.to me the 2nd guitar slot is a closed deal.The drummer debate is valid for sure without a doubt.sorum is not as clean as a whistle.could be why he is not there.i dont think steve is strong enough to do this for 2.5 hrs.who knows.frank is doing the job in the meantime

Just now, axlinkafayette said:

can anyone tell how to find those periscpopes on your own?

Like say i want to see a concert from someone else, how would i find it?

You need to use the app on your phone, you can go onto the map, find the stadium and see the live broadcasts in red.

1 minute ago, axlinkafayette said:

I personally don't know of a good way to do it on a PC...maybe someone else does.  On the app you can display a map and zoom into the city and then the venue, and it'll display a list of the active streams.  Then once I have the user, I look them up on my PC and stream it that way.

2 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

you can search twitter for the artist name + periscope to see what's currently live, for example https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=gunsnroses%20periscope&src=typd

24 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

I don't have the app, I'm watching on my laptop.

I go here:

https://www.periscope.tv/couchmode

and browse the streams.

Edited by Blackstar

4 minutes ago, rockinmetalforever20000 said:

Gilby was in guns but to me was never a gunner.only recorded covers with em.was there for maybe 3yrs tops.Fortus is just as rock n roll as Gilby any day of the week.if not more so.to me the 2nd guitar slot is a closed deal.The drummer debate is valid for sure without a doubt.sorum is not as clean as a whistle.could be why he is not there.i dont think steve is strong enough to do this for 2.5 hrs.who knows.frank is doing the job in the meantime

Hmm idno, Gilby had that old school classic rock vibe but Richard is a bit more modern rock. Technically Fortus gives Slash a run for his money so I'm not questioning his skills. I guess it's just whether you like the band to lean more towards a classic rock direction or a modern rock direction. I'm not a huge fan of Chinese Democracy, but I can see how Fortus fits into that modern sound better. I think the band live with Gilby sounded more like the album than the live band now does, maybe a number of reasons for that though, and probably more to do with Frank than Richard. I'd pick Izzy over either anyway because technical ability isn't all that counts he just had a vibe that really made the band Guns N' Roses