GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

4 minutes ago, tiutso said:

I'm pretty sure it's one of the unspoken rules of any forum that you gotta stick to the language that everybody speaks. So if you gotta, hit me up in the DM or keep it English :D

Nah, I've barely even been abroad. I've actually only jumped on the English bandwagon some 6 years ago, I think. But I appreciate it :lol:

Am I being bullied? :D

Nope I am just feeling older than dirt clocking in at 41.  Damn it goes by fast!... ;) maybe I replied to the wrong post my eyesight see lol..

Edited by metalms
  • Like 2

@Mandy123 I guess my first GnR love was Duff as well. And then I slowly learned to appreciate the rest of the bunch too :P

And I'm so sorry, but I gotta join @Jane M. - my first thought was the Duggars as well :facepalm::lol: (Yes, these people have even managed to appear on German TV (we mostly watch TV channels from Germany here in Austria) a couple of times... And thanks to people like the Duggars and our dear Axl I now know way more about religious whack jobs than I ever wanted to :P)

@tiutso I can't unsee this now :lol: WTH is going on there indeed.

@Andy14 Saaaame. I also used to read Bravo as a child in the 90s, but never touched it when I actually was a teenager. But wtf, there was Axl/GnR in your Bravo? Mine was non-stop Kelly Family, Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, Hanson etc. Never anything like GnR or any other kind of rock as far as I remember.

Also:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

strč prst skrz krk. :smiley-confused2:

Could I maybe offer you a vowel? :lol: That tongue twister certainly twisted my tongue when I tried to say that :P

1 hour ago, stella said:

I remember that thing about Slash's dad being Jewish making the rounds for quite some time...trust Mick Wall to keep it going. >:(

Hard boiled eggs really aren't a big thing here to eat - pretty much the only time I saw them as a kid was when we dyed Easter eggs, and nobody ate those. I do remember one classmate who had them for lunch, but she brought them wrapped in foil in her lunchbox. Otherwise yeah, scrambled or sunny side up eggs are usually the breakfast go-to dishes. Or dishes made with egg, like omlettes or French toast. Although, even with those...a lot of people don't really sit down and have a full out breakfast unless it's the weekend. When I was growing up, it was pretty much a bowl of cereal or a granola bar and off I went. Pancakes were a weekend thing because nobody had time to make them otherwise. I remember going to England and Scandinava and kind of being stunned by those huge breakfasts...:D

You don't eat easter eggs? But what's the point of dyeing them if you don't eat them then? :P They always get eaten here. Stores even sell dyed boiled eggs all year round, because people use them for lunch or to snack on or whatever. Same with regular (non-colored) boiled eggs. We have these for dinner sometimes (which is always a cold affair, no hot meals or anything). And hot boiled eggs for breakfast. Though most people actually don't have full breakfasts here either unless it's the weekend or a special occassion or something. I grew up having bread with butter and jam and chocolate milk for breakfast pretty much every day. But we did have hot boiled eggs in these egg cups on Sundays sometimes and my grandfather ate eggs like this every day for breakfast.

Gotta say, Mick Wall sounds like a real douche though for calling Stuart stupid for not knowing what egg cups are. If they didn't grow up with these things, it's not weird that he wouldn't know what they are :shrugs:

@pinkforgirls I've only ever seen these in pictures. But they look good, I should try making them some time.

1 hour ago, triad said:

I took Seymour's quote to mean that Axl acted like he was in the "terrible twos".  From Mayo Clinic, "most 2-year-olds still aren't able to ...clearly communicate their needs or control their feelings. This can lead to frustration, misbehavior and tantrums.

Well that does sound just like Axl :P

It reminds me of something he wrote to Erin in his letters "I was angry about my predicament and I didn't know how to verbalize my feelings." :rolleyes:

Edited by Lumikki

5 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I made this little comparison. You can clearly see that his face is still the same, only older. B-)

axlnowandthen.jpg

Every concert he looks younger and younger, may be to the weight loss, and happiness will do it to you every time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pinkforgirls said:

Oh dear I am one of the older ones at the creaky old age of 45 (get off my lawn)! Buuuut I will say that I had the benefit of being in high school and college when GNR were huge here and in constant rotation on MTV back when MTV played what are those things called again? Music videos? Yeah that's it...when the M actually stood for Music, sigh. I was OBSESSED with Appetite and this precise moment in SCOM is what made me officially lose my shit. That lower lippy thing Axl does here? Ok bye I am dead.

tumblr_o7uprv80671uhm6dvo1_500.gif
I remember setting my alarm for the morning UYI was coming out so I had to get in my car and go to a record store and buy physical cassettes. I wore those suckers out and then a friend gave me CDs and I believe those were the first CDs I owned. 

Hi Creaky, me too, we are the original Gunners. We saw it all go down! And the lower lip thing...good observation...
@LumikkiAs far as hard boiled eggs. People boil them and make deviled eggs. Very delicious and a southern thing.

sh1b04_deviled_eggs1.jpg.rend.sni18col.j

@Lumikki Axl with Babies 

Thx for the pic :drool:

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

:P

I have more but that's part of my project, haha

Don't know.... because he's into nuMetal and industrial crap :max: instead of singing the old 70's rock that suits him so well...

Good that he's back with AC/DC now so we can listen to his full rasp a bit more.

Reminds of Slash tht hates to play ballad but actually His playing really suits with ballad

4 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

hahahaha I was going to come here to ping you about this! Also Tina is my spirit animal. She knows what's up. 

Oh she's mine too! 

haha, I was just innocently scrolling through the SF thread and got Duff Butt. :drool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

You don't eat easter eggs? But what's the point of dyeing them if you don't eat them then? :P They always get eaten here. Stores even sell dyed boiled eggs all year round, because people use them for lunch or to snack on or whatever. Same with regular (non-colored) boiled eggs. We have these for dinner sometimes (which is always a cold affair, no hot meals or anything). And hot boiled eggs for breakfast. Though most people actually don't have full breakfasts here either unless it's the weekend or a special occassion or something. I grew up having bread with butter and jam and chocolate milk for breakfast pretty much every day. But we did have hot boiled eggs in these egg cups on Sundays sometimes and my grandfather ate eggs like this every day for breakfast.

Gotta say, Mick Wall sounds like a real douche though for calling Stuart stupid for not knowing what egg cups are. If they didn't grow up with these things, it's not weird that he wouldn't know what they are :shrugs:

So they looked pretty of course! :D And since they looked pretty they usually ended up being on display until they were rotten, LOL. The entire idea of eating a hard boiled egg would have totally grossed me out, I think. In the last 10-15 years there's been some justifiable concern about wasting food with dyed eggs, and I would say most people either skip them now or give their kids some kind of non-edible "egg" or "bunny" to paint or decorate, like one made out of wood or clay.

That's interesting that they sell them in the stores like that as a snack where you are! So many different traditions and things when one travels around. I think my favorite food culture was in Italy - small breakfast and dinners, but big lunch, they don't mind vegetarians like me (I will eat milk/cheese/etc. but no meat or fish) and everyone really seems to enjoy their food and not feel guilty about it.

And I agree, I thought that it was really a jerk thing of Mick Wall to do. He basically used the story to make it seem as though S. was an uneducated hick or something and it wasn't fair to expect him to know something that wasn't commonplace here.

Edited by stella

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I eat lots of this but I don't need an egg cup :suspicious:

Me too

Have You Guys tried indonesian food? :awesomeface:

Always looking for Izzy interview first time I see this one

After the first leg of the UYI tour, Axl wanted to make me sign a contract which meant that I was less involved and less paid. I couldn’t believe it. This contract was coming from someone I grew up with for fuck’s sake. We always considered GNR as a best friend band, and now Axl was telling me:” now we are doing business.” Why should I carry on? Where was the fun? That was the last drop. But other things happen before like in Donnington where two kids died during the show. What the fuck is that? Is that rock n’ roll? To read in an airport newspaper that kids died during one of your gigs? What’s the fun to play in a stadium every night and to start a riot in Saint-Louis because your singer is fucked up? You come to a point when none of all this is funny anymore. Axl wasn’t doing his front man job anymore. As for the others, there were all stoned and wasted, I wasn’t even able to make them learn covers: We could have play covers while Axl was away waiting for him to come back, entertaining the kids. No. We came up with drum solo. What’s more boring than a drum solo???I 

Izzy,Hard Rock Magazine, June 2001 

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Epson said:

wtf is wrong with you? :shrugs:

I appreciated your idea by spending my time on it :facepalm:

Thanks for kind words

6 hours ago, Epson said:

like i got money from doing it. Again, thanks for calling me jealous. 

Don't worry she talks to most people like this, your not the only one, just stay cool.

5 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Im thinking if wht Eddie said about the deal with Izzy is failed, I wonder if He's angry N' make tht account N' post tht Axl impersonator to insult/mock Axl

He is just sarcastic like that...

It's been a month since Izzy last tweeted so he's probably got the corn from Axl :lol: