GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, oryxatlas said:

I'm just quoting you since you were the last one that posted about the Erin thing, even though others share similar sentiments. From my perspective and the way I interpret many of the posts about any of Axl's significant others, but especially Erin, is that some people want them back together. I am not saying you necessarily share this feeling. For example the whole debate over Erin's IG account people were upset at the idea that Erin and Axl could have had a falling out or if she got in a fight with Slash and Meegan. I interpreted that as people rooting for them to get back together otherwise why would it matter if she was still friends with the band unless you are an extremely empathetic person and just really want a stranger to have friends. Also many people interpret Axl's lyrics from CD to be about Erin and Stephanie even though these relationships were so long ago (not necessarily you). I am not attacking you at all by posting this and I am hoping it does not come across like that. I just am hoping you can understand what other people are feeling even if your perspective of the situation if different. Just because some people including myself don't understand why people are so interested in Erin or Erin and Axl's relationship doesnt mean we think she is bad, or that we discredit her experiences with domestic violence. We just don't feel as emotionally invested in Erin as others seem to on the forum. 

??????? None of what you're saying makes sense to me.

Erin having a falling out with these people is not just about Erin. It might also potentially affect Slash or Axl. I don't know how long you've been a fan of this band, but from experience I can tell you that the most ridiculous little things turn into drama with this band. And Axl and Slash drama is the last thing this band needs right now.

Also, I don't feel you need to be particularly empathetic to side with a DV survivor in some issues.

And how do you know she's a stranger to everyone here? Even I used to talk to someone who actually knows Erin and other people might have even closer links to her from what I'm seeing.

And what does interpreting lyrics have to do with anything? That's just discussing who or what people think the lyrics are about. It's literally got nothing to do with wanting anyone to get back together.

And who are these people who got "upset" about them falling out? I know basically all of the people who commented on this issue (they've all been in this thread for ages), and I can assure you none of them were seriously upset or are the type who sit around hoping for Axl and Erin to get back together.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

This thread started as a gossip room :ph34r:, girly things you know but it has turned into much more. We are able to adore Axl's ass and on the same page discuss national cultures and literature. Or we can drool over Slaxl bromance and at the same time chat about religion and history. Or we can share funny drawings or stories.

Women's thread ftw :wub:

50 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Ive been not following this thread a lot lately, been busy with other stuff. So can you sum it up what you and tinyrobot have heard which an average person would not know.

Well two biscuits were spreading shit and lies about Erin here recently and people called them out on it, including me. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I used to chat with someone who knows Erin, so I know a little more about this than the average person (I'm not going to go into detail since it's Erin's private life and she has never talked about these things publically, so I don't feel it's my place to reveal personal stuff like that about her on an internet forum). And from reading everything that was posted here during that incident, I got the impression other people here know stuff as well. 

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:
26 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

So is Erin publishing a book then??? 

I have the same question

She kind of implied it in her Stephanie Seymour IG post.

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The only guy worth it is @Frey and some others who ocassionally and randomly post here (dont remember their usernames right now, I think one of them is @-W.A.R-)

44 minutes ago, Axl Roses Future Wife said:

Yes! I love @Frey and @-W.A.R- <3

So much love for me today :lol:

51 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Exactly. It has nothing to do with "romanticizing" or being delusional. I don't sit around thinking or hoping Axl and Erin should get back together. It's their life, not mine. They can do whatever they want.

BUT. Making up lies and slanderous accusations about a DV survivor pisses me off. Especially when we, as women (and the guys too, frankly), should be doing the exact opposite. Shit like that raises my hackles, so I'm gonna comment on it.

(Also I'm starting to get as sick of this Erin topic as about the Izzy topic. Can we please stop bringing this up?)

I didn't mean litterally that we'll all sitting around and daydreaming about Axl and Erin, but it is a little bit silly bringing that story up for 25 years. They're not even the same people anymore. 

And all those fake insiders, people with some ''informations'' nobody else has....I don't know what they're doing with their own lives, but obviously nothing when they find time for shit like that :lol: That is plain ugly, but not because Erin is DV survivor or anything but because it can simply hurt people and their families. Not talking how immoral and pathetic it is.

About what @Frey said (I don't know how to quote 2 posts from different pages simultaneosly lol), I do remember that, it was really cute seeing that, but not once Axl responded with something like that to her. If their reconcilation was anyhow realistic it would've happen already. We should just let it go. If it happens- great, as  I said, I agree with many that she was the love of his life but if not, it would be completely understandable considering their history. 

23 minutes ago, Frey said:

??????? None of what you're saying makes sense to me.

Erin having a falling out with these people is not just about Erin. It might also potentially affect Slash or Axl. I don't know how long you've been a fan of this band, but from experience I can tell you that the most ridiculous little things turn into drama with this band. And Axl and Slash drama is the last thing this band needs right now.

Also, I don't feel you need to be particularly empathetic to side with a DV survivor in some issues.

And how do you know she's a stranger to everyone here? Even I used to talk to someone who actually knows Erin and other people might have even closer links to her from what I'm seeing.

And what does interpreting lyrics have to do with anything? That's just discussing who or what people think the lyrics are about. It's literally got nothing to do with wanting anyone to get back together.

And who are these people who got "upset" about them falling out? I know basically all of the people who commented on this issue (they've all been in this thread for ages), and I can assure you none of them were seriously upset or are the type who sit around hoping for Axl and Erin to get back together.

I probably haven't been a fan as long as you, and I am probably not as good as a fan as you are, and I definitely have not been on this thread as long as you. I thought what I said was pretty clear. I know the Instagram thing isn't just about Erin. I just thought some people were discussing how Axl and her could have been fighting, or they were talking privately. She is a stranger to me, and I think a majority of the people here. I brought of the lyrics, because I thought it was relevant since people think he is still writing about her. It is cool if you don't think it is relevant, or agree with my interpretation. I thought people were concerned since there was a lot of discussion about it. Also I feel empathy for her experience with domestic violence. I said that. 

1 hour ago, oryxatlas said:

I'm just quoting you since you were the last one that posted about the Erin thing, even though others share similar sentiments. From my perspective and the way I interpret many of the posts about any of Axl's significant others, but especially Erin, is that some people want them back together. I am not saying you necessarily share this feeling. For example the whole debate over Erin's IG account people were upset at the idea that Erin and Axl could have had a falling out or if she got in a fight with Slash and Meegan. I interpreted that as people rooting for them to get back together otherwise why would it matter if she was still friends with the band unless you are an extremely empathetic person and just really want a stranger to have friends. Also many people interpret Axl's lyrics from CD to be about Erin and Stephanie even though these relationships were so long ago (not necessarily you). I am not attacking you at all by posting this and I am hoping it does not come across like that. I just am hoping you can understand what other people are feeling even if your perspective of the situation if different. Just because some people including myself don't understand why people are so interested in Erin or Erin and Axl's relationship doesnt mean we think she is bad, or that we discredit her experiences with domestic violence. We just don't feel as emotionally invested in Erin as others seem to on the forum. 

Ok, this is my response to you and @nn18 since it looks like you both have the same concern.

Honestly, I fail to see where me or other people have been 'rooting' or 'instigating' the return of Axl and Erin relationship as of lately. :question:

This thread is very long, as you can appreciate :P. I don't even remember when it was started but let's say several months ago.... If you catch the thread from the beginning and read those first pages, then yes, I can understand that you may have formed that idea from some of us, when we started talking about it and discussing Erin's posts.

A long time has passed since then, all kind of subjects have been discussed here, some heated debates, other times topics died and there are also recurrent topics that people love to discuss. Erin and her social media adventures seem to be one of the favs here. There will always be people who like her and people who dislike her. Some are more nasty than others, some just like to rip her apart for the sake of it. Or because they can't stand the fact that she stands out over anyone else when it comes to Guns N' Roses music. Erin was just not a girlfriend; she was the wife, only wife of Axl Rose and she has inspired many of his best lyrics. It is only logical that she's a recurrent subject in the GN'R world.

I don't think I'll be able to explain to you what's the motivation or reasoning behind the opinion of some posters here. All I can tell you and repeat is that yes, there will be all different kinds of positions, opinions and gossip about this. These people are celebrities or public figures and their lives are under the amplifyer all the time. People talk because it is free and because sometimes, there is nothing better to do, lol. It's not biggie, IMO.

About the lyrics, it is the same thing. Interpretation is something that we all do with lyrics because we want to know what was the inspiration for writing certain songs. Not everything is far-fetched, though. As the nerdy GN'R fans we are, we have information on some things in the process of writing Chinese Democracy. We know that many of those songs, as many others in AFD and UYI, are very old songs written in the 90's. 'This I Love' is a song we all know Axl started writing around 1992 or 1993. He talked about it. We also know about the 1999 demo of 'I.R.S.', which can lead you to think the song was written prior that year. The leaks of 'SOD', 'Better' and 'TWAT' popped up way before CD was released. These are things that we know because we've been fans for so long. It may look odd for other people or new fans but instead of judging us I guess some of you could learn something from us.

Yes, I do understand what you say about some of you not being so invested or interested in Erin's life. Look, I don't care much about Dizzy Reed, for example. Or DJ Ashba. Or Frank Ferrer. I'm not invested on them either, but you will not see me going around this forum making fun of them or talking shit about them. That's the difference. When you don't have a personal agenda about someone, you don't talk about them, you don't give negative opinions about them because you just don't care to the point of going to a forum or thread and talk shit about that person.

If you want to look not interested in someone, the best you can do is ignore them and move on with your life. Spend your time talking about what really matters to you and that's it. Why waste it destroying a person if you say you really don't care that much? I'd say less talk and more action. :shrugs:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Ok, this is my response to you and @nn18 since it looks like you both have the same concern.

Honestly, I fail to see where me or other people have been 'rooting' or 'instigating' the return of Axl and Erin relationship as of lately. :question:

This thread is very long, as you can appreciate :P. I don't even remember when it was started but let's say several months ago.... If you catch the thread from the beginning and read those first pages, then yes, I can understand that you may have formed that idea from some of us, when we started talking about it and discussing Erin's posts.

A long time has passed since then, all kind of subjects have been discussed here, some heated debates, other times topics died and there are also recurrent topics that people love to discuss. Erin and her social media adventures seem to be one of the favs here. There will always be people who like her and people who dislike her. Some are more nasty than others, some just like to rip her apart for the sake of it. Or because they can't stand the fact that she stands out over anyone else when it comes to Guns N' Roses music. Erin was just not a girlfriend; she was the wife, only wife of Axl Rose and she has inspired many of his best lyrics. It is only logical that she's a recurrent subject in the GN'R world.

I don't think I'll be able to explain to you what's the motivation or reasoning behind the opinion of some posters here. All I can tell you and repeat is that yes, there will be all different kinds of positions, opinions and gossip about this. These people are celebrities or public figures and their lives are under the amplifyer all the time. People talk because it is free and because sometimes, there is nothing better to do, lol. It's not biggie, IMO.

About the lyrics, it is the same thing. Interpretation is something that we all do with lyrics because we want to know what was the inspiration for writing certain songs. Not everything is far-fetched, though. As the nerdy GN'R fans we are, we have information on some things in the process of writing Chinese Democracy. We know that many of those songs, as many others in AFD and UYI, are very old songs written in the 90's. 'This I Love' is a song we all know Axl started writing around 1992 or 1993. He talked about it. We also know about the 1999 demo of 'I.R.S.', which can lead you to think the song was written prior that year. The leaks of 'SOD', 'Better' and 'TWAT' popped up way before CD was released. These are things that we know because we've been fans for so long. It may look odd for other people or new fans but instead of judging us I guess some of you could learn something from us.

Yes, I do understand what you say about some of you not being so invested or interested in Erin's life. Look, I don't care much about Dizzy Reed, for example. Or DJ Ashba. Or Frank Ferrer. I'm not invested on them either, but you will not see me going around this forum making fun of them or talking shit about them. That's the difference. When you don't have a personal agenda about someone, you don't talk about them, you don't give negative opinions about them because you just don't care to the point of going to a forum or thread and talk shit about that person.

If you want to look not interested in someone, the best you can do is ignore them and move on with your life. Spend your time talking about what really matters to you and that's it. Why waste it destroying a person if you say you really don't care that much? I'd say less talk and more action. :shrugs:

Last thing, are you referring to me making fun or talking shit, because that wasn't my intention? I now know to just continue reading this thread for slaxl stuff, pictures, and interesting news. Never commenting again (maybe) :P 

3 minutes ago, nn18 said:

I didn't mean litterally that we'll all sitting around and daydreaming about Axl and Erin, but it is a little bit silly bringing that story up for 25 years. They're not even the same people anymore. 

And all those fake insiders, people with some ''informations'' nobody else has....I don't know what they're doing with their own lives, but obviously nothing when they find time for shit like that :lol: That is plain ugly, but not because Erin is DV survivor or anything but because it can simply hurt people and their families. Not talking how immoral and pathetic it is.

About what @Frey said (I don't know how to quote 2 posts from different pages simultaneosly lol), I do remember that, it was really cute seeing that, but not once Axl responded with something like that to her. If their reconcilation was anyhow realistic it would've happen already. We should just let it go. If it happens- great, as  I said, I agree with many that she was the love of his life but if not, it would be completely understandable considering their history. 

"but it is a little bit silly bringing that story up for 25 years"

That could be said about basically everything we discuss here though. Slash and Axl living with each other, sharing a bed, etc? 30 years ago. Axl's tiny little shorts and hot body? 25 years ago. Band break-up drama? Same. Discussing old stories is basically all we do here. It's only been this year that we actually got new shit to discuss. In all these years before that, nothing interesting was happening and stories from the past were all people had. As a GNR fan you're basically forced to live in the past for the most part (though like I said, the situation is a bit better now).

There are no fake insiders. I also know what these people are talking about (does that make me a fake insider too? :lol:) and they simply know because they are friends with/talk to certain people. I don't think there is anything pathetic or wrong about that. The reason why they don't go into detail about it is because it's pretty intense stuff and it really doesn't belong here unless Erin herself chooses to talk about it in public one day or something.

And well yeah, Axl doesn't seem interested, so why would he respond? And even if he were interested, TB would probably keep him from Erin anyway. Anyway, as long as people like Erin, Meegan or Axl (he raised the topic once too recently) keep bringing this up though, people are gonna talk about it. It's only natural. Like I said, I'm already sick of it (especially when lots of people who don't know shit keep chiming in with inflammatory statements), but what are you gonna do :shrugs:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oryxatlas said:

Last thing, are you referring to me making fun or talking shit, because that wasn't my intention?

No, I mean any person that comes here to say mean things about her and later go around like "but I don't care about her".

11 minutes ago, oryxatlas said:

I now know to just continue reading this thread for slaxl stuff, pictures, and interesting news. Never commenting again (maybe) :P

:question:

Like Frey before, I'm really having a difficult time trying to understand your comments, your derivations and your assumptions.

If this, in any way implies that I have told you to go away or something, here you have my word: I never meant that.

You can do whatever you want around here, post and comment or remain in silence, but if you enter in debate with people you or you ask them things, you will have to endure what it comes with that.

18 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

And well yeah, Axl doesn't seem interested, so why would he respond? And even if he were interested, TB would probably keep him from Erin anyway. Anyway, as long as people like Erin, Meegan or Axl (he raised the topic once too recently) keep bringing this up though, people are gonna talk about it. It's only natural. Like I said, I'm already sick of it (especially when lots of people who don't know shit keep chiming in with inflammatory statements), but what are you gonna do :shrugs:

lol yeah and to resume it all: this whole tour is 25 years old and more. :rolleyes:

---------

Just wanted to comment on the "Axl doesn't seem interested" part because I think this statement it is also fallacious. When has Axl talked about anything in the last 2 years? (last time was the Revolver mag interview)

Fans are still waiting for him to give a serious explanation of the reunion (no, the Coachella thing is bullshit and we know it), on him reconnecting with Slash, on the next album or new music, etc.

Why would he talk about Erin or any other relationship? :shrugs:

Only instance I could say he's not interested is if he was asked about it and he actually replied to the question.

The way Axl has handled himself regarding his private life and media tells me we won't ever see him talking about his relationships like he used to. Unless he really wanted to share that he's involved with a person, I can't see this happening any time soon. And that doesn't actually speak of his interest or uninterest. Well, I guess it shows he's not interested in the subject in general, not just Erin.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:
5 minutes ago, oryxatlas said:

@killuridols It was a joke. I know you didn't tell me to go away. 

Ignore her and post whatever you want. Quite a few of us have had to endure her rude and condescending posts. Don't think you're alone is all I'm saying.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

"but it is a little bit silly bringing that story up for 25 years"

That could be said about basically everything we discuss here though. Slash and Axl living with each other, sharing a bed, etc? 30 years ago. Axl's tiny little shorts and hot body? 25 years ago. Band break-up drama? Same. Discussing old stories is basically all we do here. It's only been this year that we actually got new shit to discuss. In all these years before that, nothing interesting was happening and stories from the past were all people had. As a GNR fan you're basically forced to live in the past for the most part (though like I said, the situation is a bit better now).

There are no fake insiders. I also know what these people are talking about (does that make me a fake insider too? :lol:) and they simply know because they are friends with/talk to certain people. I don't think there is anything pathetic or wrong about that. The reason why they don't go into detail about it is because it's pretty intense stuff and it really doesn't belong here unless Erin herself chooses to talk about it in public one day or something.

Am I talking Chinese so nobody understands me or what?! :lol:

I was basically agreeing with you. The ''fake insiders'' were people spreading lies about Erin, Axl or anyone from GN'R camp. I said that people that find the time to think of stuff like that have no life. :shrugs:

And to @killuridols

I don't know if you were speaking generally or not, nevertheless, I follow Erin on instagram, I do ''care about Erin's life'' and I always participated in discussions about her here and as much as she's willing to share from her life I'd like to see. She's someone that half the GN'R songs were written about, she was Axl's wife, muse and is extremely important for GN'R history. We are just going too far from the subject but I never, ever said anything bad or derogatory about Erin not here not anywhere else because I don't have bad oppinion about her. I said what my oppinion was and that's it. If reconcilation ever happens I'd be extremely happy for them, it'll be like a happy ending of some tense, emotional drama (just like this reunion), but imo it's highly unlikely. I'd like to be proven wrong. 

Done

Edited by nn18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nn18 said:

What is there to "let go"? As others have said, no one's having some grand dreams about them reconciling (at least I've never seen anyone here who has). But I'm gonna be along for the :popcorn: Just like with all the other gossip we discuss here.

58 minutes ago, oryxatlas said:

I probably haven't been a fan as long as you, and I am probably not as good as a fan as you are, and I definitely have not been on this thread as long as you. I thought what I said was pretty clear. I know the Instagram thing isn't just about Erin. I just thought some people were discussing how Axl and her could have been fighting, or they were talking privately. She is a stranger to me, and I think a majority of the people here. I brought of the lyrics, because I thought it was relevant since people think he is still writing about her. It is cool if you don't think it is relevant, or agree with my interpretation. I thought people were concerned since there was a lot of discussion about it. Also I feel empathy for her experience with domestic violence. I said that. 

I just wish people would lurk around this thread more and just read for a while (or catch up on the entire thread like some have done, though not everyone has the time to do that obviously) before posting. Because then they would probably get a feeling for the tone around here and how seriously to take things and who the regular posters are and where they stand on certain issues, instead of seeing things and interpreting things that aren't even there. I don't remember reading any of the things you just decribed here, which is most likely because I'm familiar with this thread and know how to read what people are saying.

Naturally, if people just barge in and start commenting on what they think they're seeing (or without really knowing much about the subject they're commenting on), it's bound to ruffle a few feathers. And I know it can be done differently, because we have quite a few posters here who weren't there from the beginning, but who managed to seamlessly join and fit into this thread because they read it before posting or at least familiarised themselves with the thread (off the top of my head, @giuls, @tiutso and @KMS come to mind; maybe they should write a tutorial for noobs :P)

10 minutes ago, Frey said:

I just wish people would lurk around this thread more and just read for a while (or catch up on the entire thread like some have done, though not everyone has the time to do that obviously) before posting. Because then they would probably get a feeling for the tone around here and how seriously to take things and who the regular posters are and where they stand on certain issues, instead of seeing things and interpreting things that aren't even there. I don't remember reading any of the things you just decribed here, which is most likely because I'm familiar with this thread and know how to read what people are saying.

Take it from me, you wanna listen to him on this one. I wish I'd taken that route before I jumped right in. However, I've since recanted my statements and I can only hope I'm not seen as a "biscuit" :nervous:

19 minutes ago, Frey said:

What is there to "let go"? As others have said, no one's having some grand dreams about them reconciling (at least I've never seen anyone here who has). But I'm gonna be along for the :popcorn: Just like with all the other gossip we discuss here.

Naturally, if people just barge in and start commenting on what they think they're seeing (or without really knowing much about the subject they're commenting on), it's bound to ruffle a few feathers. And I know it can be done differently, because we have quite a few posters here who weren't there from the beginning, but who managed to seamlessly join and fit into this thread because they read it before posting or at least familiarised themselves with the thread (off the top of my head, @giuls, @tiutso and @KMS come to mind; maybe they should write a tutorial for noobs :P)

It seems to me there is a group of biscuits trying to install the idea that we've been talking about Axl and Erin going back together for the whole time this thread has been going on.
What is the motivation behind that? I don't get it, other than just stirr shit up and have us going into a war? :shrugs:

People reacting to page 1 or 2 of this thread is fucking ODD. Really.

At least, check the dates people were talking about stuff. It is obvious that many months later, some opinions and situations have changed.

I don't expect the newbies to have the time to read this whole thread but then be careful with what you say to people and try to not disrespect the long time gunners who probably know way more than you.

9 minutes ago, oryxatlas said:

@Frey Maybe there are a lot more people like me that don't post their opinions, because they feel like they can't without be called noobs or insulted. Maybe noobs should write tutorial for how to make people feel welcome and listened too. I started reading on pg 33. 

How about the n00bs do not attack the regulars with offensive questions and dramatic reactions when they are called out?

The way many of the new ones have reacted is really strange. It is not normal and I'm sorry but that make you guys look suspicious of your motivations behind that.

Some questions or comments some of you post ARE NOT innocent. Please, don't tell me they are.

You said that we analyze CD lyrics and assume they are about Axl's old relationships or that he still writes about Erin.... I'm sorry but do you know when CD was released? Are you aware that was in 2008? 8 years ago.

Do you know anything about the 13 years in the making of Chinese Democracy?

Do you know what happened to Axl and GN'R between 1993 and 1999?

If you don't know and we do know, then why do you throw a statement like the one you posted in your second comment?

It is offensive that you tell us something like this. I know my shit. I've been a fan since the early 90's and most of us who have been fans since early on or cared learning about this band know that Axl started writting the CD songs since the mid 90's or so.

That is just one example of the things you guys say to us that are not cool to say to other fans.

Maybe it was just the way you worded out your comment so I will give you the benefit of the doubt there but please, next time, think of what I'm saying.

AND PLEASE

stop dramatizing or coming back with things like "this will be my last comment", "I better dont post anymore" or "we are afraid of saying our opinion" because that is victimization and it is not cool.

Woohh.. pretty SoCal summer weather in here... cool down guys... things shoudn't get so serious on an entertainment board..should it? :P

Anyways..I saw several posts asking about the book Erin's supposed to be writing... I believe I first saw the light of a mention of it some a year or two ago here on this forum. I kinda think around.....the time she was auctioning her stuff? :shrugs:

The thread talking about it should be lying somewhere on this forum if anyone wants to dig.

• Like 1