GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

24 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Really that just makes the song creepy lol 

15 minutes ago, giuls said:

As in? Did Axl say something? I don't really see itX2

No Axl didn't say anything, but Beta said she thinks one of the songs on CD is about her and her family.

And If The World is the only one that makes sense lyrically. I can't really see any of the other songs on CD being about Beta or TB.

But lines like "I never thought all the love I was looking for could ever be so close to me" work. Beta was around him all the time as Dylan's nanny at first and as his housekeeper later and he didn't realize at first that she would ever mean so much to him and that she was the one who could give him "all the love he was looking for".

Or lines like "I never knew the way that you looked at me would ever mean so much to me / But in my heart I found the feelings that I've never shown / And now you've got the best of me". Sounds like Beta talking about Axl having to learn about how to show affection and stuff like that.

If The World is basically the only poitive and loving song on the entire album, and the only people he was feeling like that about were most likely TB.

And then of course there's Axl putting that Holy Mother Mary artwork we recently discussed with that song in the alternate CD booklets. That's not a coincidence either.

Edited by Frey

"I never thought all the love I was looking for could ever be so close to me"

This could also mean when Axl found Stephanie after his break up with Erin.

He was all alone and thought he would get no one and Steph was with him. 

and According to him that time he was close to Steph too. 

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

If the world would end today 
And all the dreams we had 
Would all just drift away 
You know there's nothing more to say

It could mean the dreams he had with Slash to move forward but Slash backstabbed him. 

But there are high chances its about Stephanie cause the other lyrics are basically meant for Steph

Uhm, the nothing more to say part doesn't make me think of Slash, like @Lumikki said, he told Baz "One day" and even without this, Axl has A LOT to say about Slash during the feud.

12 minutes ago, Frey said:

No Axl didn't say anything, but Beta said she thinks one of the songs on CD is about her and her family.

And If The World is the only one that makes sense lyrically. I can't really see any of the other songs on CD being about Beta or TB.

But lines like "I never thought all the love I was looking for could ever be so close to me" work. Beta was around him all the time as Dylan's nanny at first and as his housekeeper later and he didn't realize at first that she would ever mean so much to him and that she was the one who could give him "all the love he was looking for".

Or lines like "I never knew the way that you looked at me would ever mean so much to me / But in my heart I found the feelings that I've never shown / And now you've got the best of me". Sounds like Beta talking about Axl having to learn about how to show affection and stuff like that.

If The World is basically the only poitive and loving song on the entire album, and the only people he was feeling like that about were most likely TB.

And then of course there's Axl putting that Holy Mother Mary artwork we recently discussed with that song in the alternate CD booklets. That's not a coincidence either.

I don't know, it feels romantic to me and it says the love would slip away if the world ended and Isn't Beta, his mommy that would never leave him? I don't know.

I agree with @Lumikki that OMG it's about Axl's family. 

I was listening Better and i can see the argument about both the band and Stephanie, the " I should have known you're crazy" makes me think about Stephanie and her crazy party but "This melody/Inside of me/Still searches for solution" makes me think about the band/Slash and how it's difficult for him to create without them/him, so, i don't know? both of them, half and half?

I think ITW is about TB for all the reason @Frey mentioned. Assuming Beta was right about what she said and there really is a song about them on the album, there's just no other possible choice that I could see. Though I do agree with @giuls that it reads kinda romantic to me, but like I said, what other song is there? And the holy mother artwork Axl placed with that song makes it seem that way too.

The verses are all positive, but even the chorus doesn't necessarily read like something negative to me:

If the world would end today
And all the dreams we had
Would all just drift away
You know there's nothing more to say
If the world would end
And our love slipped away

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else, but to me, this always felt like "If the world ended today and all our dreams would have been for nothing and all love would cease to exist, it would still be okay." Because Axl now knows what love is and has felt it and he can die in peace now in case the world suddenly ended. There's nothing more to say because because he's got a family now, feels loved and he's at peace with all these issues.

Also the line "You're the only one I have ever loved that has ever loved me". I could see Axl feeling that way about Beta at the time, since nearly all other people that he ever loved (Erin, Steph, Slash, Izzy, etc.) were gone and he felt they never really loved him anyway.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I love "my world"!!!

It does have some very interesting lyrics, I'll give it that... 

image.jpeg

Awesome and a bit scary 

4 minutes ago, giuls said:

So, Izzy deleted the loot tweet, could it be significant?

@Jane M. Didn't you screenshot it :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders