GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

34 minutes ago, starlight said:

I have never seen this pic before :heart:6tag-1597349111-1351894922781755546_1597349111(2).jpg

Where did You get tht?

Realise tht its The Trinity again, Izzy N' Steven are left out

Slash's fav Person in the Band: 1. Axl

2. Duff

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

Slash is like he is so glad he has Axl and Duff to lean on. Otherwise he would fall flat on the floor due to too much drinking and dancing with Mr. Brownstone  :lol:

Axl and Duff are good friends and good crutches :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

This is a year before Rapid Fire

enhanced-buzz-10430-1287505742-29.jpg

I guess on Rapid Fire He straightened His hair too

axl-rose-rapidfire1983-10.jpg

Remember how Izzy said Axl could not get laid in high school? I look at these photos, and they are only about 3 or so years later, and I think, How is that even possible??? I mean look at that mug shot..ALL the girls wanted a guy that looked like that in the late 70's early 80's!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Remember how Izzy said Axl could not get laid in high school? I look at these photos, and they are only about 3 or so years later, and I think, How is that even possible??? I mean look at that mug shot..ALL the girls wanted a guy that looked like that in the late 70's early 80's!

He most definitely had the right looks going for him, but there may have been other things that kept him from having girlfriends. It's been said before, especially about that time period, that he was very shy and quite introverted. So, my guess is if he wasn't getting any action in high school, it's more so his personality that got in the way of that. For me, he was always blessed in the looks department so I don't think that was the problem  :wub:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Those people interviewed from his school said he always looked like he needed a wash and was way skinny, and the teacher who said he was such a gobshite that his classmates taped his mouth up and stuffed him in a locker :lol:

Top that with Axl saying his parents made him have stupid haircuts and horrible clothes, also he went to church a lot and was smacked for looking at women, well I wouldn't imagine he was too successful then. 

Rapid Fire Axl is all kinds of hot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Those people interviewed from his school said he always looked like he needed a wash and was way skinny, and the teacher who said he was such a gobshite that his classmates taped his mouth up and stuffed him in a locker :lol:

Top that with Axl saying his parents made him have stupid haircuts and horrible clothes, also he went to church a lot and was smacked for looking at women, well I wouldn't imagine he was too successful then. 

Rapid Fire Axl is all kinds of hot. 

Well if he still had that bowl haircut, it might have had something to do with it :lol:

Sort of on topic, someone made a compilation...there's Axl top right..but look at Paul Stanley! hee hee.

148767ac-befe-4951-b2e2-eed1a70ab0282.jp

He's got hair pretty much like me except that I have much more hair which makes things even worse. This type of hair will come in all different forms depnding on what you do with them. If you just wash it in any shampoo and leave it to dry, it will look horrible, will be all wavy, partly curly, partly straight, pointed in all directions and frizzy as hell. If you wash it in a good straightening shampoo and use a good conditioner and then blow dry them on a brush they will be pretty straight and nice, of course you can also use the straightener and it will be straight and nice too.

Anyway I don't need to change much to have completely different hair from one time to another. Probably same goes for Axl.

As for the mugshot: to me that guy looks nothing like him - different shape of face, completely different lips. The high school Axl is 100% Axl even though it's even earlier, the mugshot Axl looks so much like a different person I have serious doubts if it is him.

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1

All these pics @Lumikki and I just realised that my hair looks so much like his, it's scary haha

So, talking for experience, I used to hate my hair, because it's thin, almost no volume and it's not that much, but as soon as I changed hairdresser and he told me what to do I'm ok with it now haha

1- So he always must have had my kinda hair - on front he just has like a layer and that's why he needs the bangs, or the bangs cut shorter than the rest. If they are at the same size as the rest of the hair or let's say passing the cheeks, he's screwed. Because the hair will start to waving not in a beautiful way and curling to the back, ending up showing that there's no hair beside the first layer, exactly like in these pics.

a3122e5312c8c9c6ac0fccf879cf4090.jpg       tumblr_ngut7kjXZg1rxrfh7o1_500.jpg

2 - So the secret is, Axl: always cut the bangs in maximum by the size of your eyes, but ideally passing a little bit of your eyebrows, that way they will behave and your hair will look nice like in these.

tumblr_mwhgh5vr0O1qjtr1eo1_400.jpg

13712690_1766449406957808_84431838_n.jpg

3 - About the curling, well, the shorter the hair is the curlier and wavier it will be. But the secret in this is: DON'T LET IT DRY NATURALLY. Just get off the shower, comb it, the bangs to the front of your forehead, now just use the hairdryer, you don't need a brush or anything, just dry it normally. When it's done comb it again, the bangs to the back. It will work.

4 - I know you read this thread, Mr. Rose, so if you need more tips, just call me :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asia said:

As for the mugshot: to me that guy looks nothing like him - different shape of face, completely different lips. The high school Axl is 100% Axl even though it's even earlier, the mugshot Axl looks so much like a different person I have serious doubts if it is him.

Which one? This one?

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/CheekySmileNHair/youngaxlmugshotcd2.jpg~original

Or this one?

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/CheekySmileNHair/axl_young.jpg~original

To me that's pretty obviously Axl in both pictures.

Besides, the source of both of these mugshot pictures is the guy from GQ magazine who went around Lafayette digging up old shit about Axl.

He got these mugshots from the helpful local police. And Lafayette isn't that big. Realistically speaking, there can't have been that many guys named William Bailey around who a) looked like Axl b) were Axl's age c) were juvenile delinquents and d) were being juvenile delinquents at the same time Axl was.

Not to mention that we even know the backstory to at least one of these mugshots iirc (the story about Axl and Dana Gregory and the little kid leaving skid marks with his bike).

And in the first mugshot Axl's even wearing the same clothes as in the Rapidfire pictures (and has exactly the same hair style as in the Gina Siler picture):

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/CheekySmileNHair/youngaxlmugshotcd2.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/CheekySmileNHair/tumblr_o89ks5sOB11uw2kreo3_1280.png~original

There is no doubt in my mind that that is Axl in both mugshots.

The clothes thing is kind of interesting too actually. There are barely any pictures of Axl when he was younger, but in the few that do exist he's wearing the same clothing items.

The jeans vest he wore in the musghot and during the Rapidfire photoshoot, the flower print shirt @Lumikki pointed out.

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/lilgunners/3490235689_cc611be72a.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/lilgunners/IMG_2389_2.jpg~original

Could be just a coincidence, but considering the small number of pictures, it rather points towards him wearing these clothes a lot or him not having a lot of clothes back then.

Might explain why he became so obsessed with clothes and fashion and that kind of shit later on.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tainted1 said:

Axl was everything back in the late 80s/early 90s have such a crush on lol. ...now, meh I know he's older and thicker and might have went under the knife, or botox...it's like a completely different axl.?

He never did surgery, maybe a little botox but that's it, if you go back there's a comparison post by @Lumikki that demostrate that he's still the same, only older.

In Lafayette i don't blame any of the kids if they did give him a wide breadth, i remember the photo of kid Axl with the black eye that his step-father sent him and everything is explaneid, some adult should have called CPS, thought

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, giuls said:

He never did surgery, maybe a little botox but that's it, if you go back there's a comparison post by @Lumikki that demostrate that he's still the same, only older.

In Lafayette i don't blame any of the kids if they did give him a wide breadth, i remember the photo of kid Axl with the black eye that his step-father sent him and everything is explaneid, some adult should have called CPS, thought

Yes, someone should have called CPS.

Unfortunately we're talking about the 60s and 70s in small town Indiana here. Awareness about issues like child abuse wasn't the same back then as it is now.

I'm sure some people must have noticed what was going on, but these people probably thought it wasn't any of their business.

It would probably have been seen as a child discipline issue and nothing else.

• Like 1