Anyone tired of hearing AFD and cover songs live?

I'd like to see any band with more than three albums change setlist and not do the ''greatest hits'' act each night, but unfortunately most bands of this caliber play for 90% the same songs each night while being on tour. Pearl Jam is one of those bands who have the guts to play different setlists each night, they keep it interesting for themselves and for the fans this way. Sure, you might disappoint some by not playing the big hit that night, but you make a lot of fans happy, you can't please everyone anyway.

Rotate the songs, change the order. Keep us guessing. When you have a song like Nightrain that can be anywhere in the set you can do anything. Ok here's an idea for a setlist. 

Song 1: opener: Welcome to the jungle, Its so easy, You could be mine, Pretty tied up, Nightrain maybe (although i think it works better at a later point). 

Song 2: AFD rocker It's so easy, Mr Brownstone or Youre Crazy

Song 3: UYI rocker: You could be mine, Pretty tied up, Double talkin jive

Song 4: Chinese Democracy rocker, any of them

Song 5: something anthemic: Live and let die, Knockin on heavens door (hard version like in the 80s), Breakdown, Yesterdays, 

Song 6: Dead Horse, Used to love her, Youre crazy (lies), The garden

Song 7: random AFD song, You could be mine

Song 8: Duff spot

Song 9: big badass epic: Coma, Locomotive, Estranged, Breakdown, There was a time

Song 10: Sweet child o mine

Song 11: something special: guest spot, cover tribute to local legend (eg Aerosmith song in Boston), deep cut(eg Dont damn me), whatever

Song 12: Civil War

Song 13: any AFD song

Song 14: second Chinese Democracy song

Song 15: slash solo/ band jam

Song 16: November rain

Song 17: high octane: Nice boys, Perfect Crime, Reckless life, Out ta get me

Song 18: fake closer: Nightrain, Rocket queen, Welcome to the jungle, Knockin on heavens door (big version), Get in the ring, Paradise City

Song 19: ballad: Dont cry, Patience

Song 20: any rocker

Song 21: any rocker

Song 22: closer: Paradise city, Nightrain

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GivenToFly said:

Rotate the songs, change the order. Keep us guessing. When you have a song like Nightrain that can be anywhere in the set you can do anything. Ok here's an idea for a setlist. 

Song 1: opener: Welcome to the jungle, Its so easy, You could be mine, Pretty tied up, Nightrain maybe (although i think it works better at a later point). 

Song 5: something anthemic: Live and let die, Knockin on heavens door (hard version like in the 80s), Breakdown, Yesterdays, 

Song 9: big badass epic: Coma, Locomotive, Estranged, Breakdown, There was a time

Song 11: something special: guest spot, cover tribute to local legend (eg Aerosmith song in Boston), deep cut(eg Dont damn me), whatever

Song 18: fake closer: Nightrain, Rocket queen, Welcome to the jungle, Knockin on heavens door (big version), Get in the ring, Paradise City

I agree, this sounds perfect

14 hours ago, liers said:

IDC who plays in the band, I'm going to a GnR show to hear Axl sing. The music sounds the same to me for the most part no matter who is playing it.

Please go see a doctor as soon as possible.  There is still hope for you to cure this disease, but you have to act fast !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GivenToFly said:

I like the idea of this however some suggestions just would not work for example having nightrain as a closer. That's a song that gets a crowd and the band going so to close would be anti climatic.