Hello.... and theory about media blackout.....

12 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Whatever issues were between Slash and Axl the last 20 years were personal. Very personal. There was some deep rooted hatred there, on Axl's side at least. It wasn't simply disagreeing over the direction of the album. It could be too personal for them to walk to talk publicly about....plus, as interesting as I'd find a documentary about the true story, if they've made up and put it in the past, it's best to leave it there.  

u think it's that personal? 

there is nothing pointing to that 

i think it was all misunderstanding perpetuated by the media as slash says 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Towelie said:

If there was any truth to that I doubt Axl would've publicly named MJ as one of his all time favourite singers recently. 

8 hours ago, Towelie said:

If there was any truth to that I doubt Axl would've publicly named MJ as one of his all time favourite singers recently. 

Very Good point. Although I can personally say that I love MJ's music and showmanship but still think he probably was twiddling with the kiddies. Eh, but who knows really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiffani said:

Very Good point. Although I can personally say that I love MJ's music and showmanship but still think he probably was twiddling with the kiddies. Eh, but who knows really.

I honestly wouldn't be able to listen to someone if I thought they had molested children. I don't think he did and I also think the fact that Axl named MJ as one of his favourite singers a few years ago puts that story in a lot of doubt. 

Anyway, I hope that they are making a documentary also, would be very interesting to know how this thing came together in detail. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

u think it's that personal? 

there is nothing pointing to that 

i think it was all misunderstanding perpetuated by the media as slash says 

They let 20 years go by and who knows how much money left on the table, and Axl's reaction to Slash was very angry and very bitter. It was definitely more than just disagreeing on musical direction or Axl being late. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

They let 20 years go by and who knows how much money left on the table, and Axl's reaction to Slash was very angry and very bitter. It was definitely more than just disagreeing on musical direction or Axl being late. 

i honestly think it was the dumbest quarrel of all time - whereby silence and anger just grew exponentially due to axl blaming slash just for quitting thats it 

Ha ha... I 'liked' a comment and it said "You have liked 10 comments today.  That is the limit".  That's funny.  There's a limit for 'liking' comments?  Are the mods afraid people are going to get out of hand with 'liking' comments?  "Holy shit, people are 'liking' hundreds of comments a day!  THIS MUST BE STOPPED!!!!"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AxlCole said:

Ha ha... I 'liked' a comment and it said "You have liked 10 comments today.  That is the limit".  That's funny.  There's a limit for 'liking' comments?  Are the mods afraid people are going to get out of hand with 'liking' comments?  "Holy shit, people are 'liking' hundreds of comments a day!  THIS MUST BE STOPPED!!!!"

if you become a member you have unlimited 'likes'

i just gave you one:lol:

I enjoyed reading your experience @AxlCole.  I’m piecing mine together as GnR came on my radar a little earlier than yours.  I hope other early on fans share as well—it’s a unique connection that we, as strangers, have.

To the “blackout”:  I’m not sure that that I agree with you 100% on your police work—to steal a line from Fargo.  All three have given interviews since the threeunion began:  Axl at the CE, Duff on Steve Jones, and Slash on Joey Kramer.  The band has promoted via social media, billboards, buses and so forth while receiving free promotion with online reviews.  They are selling tickets and merchandise, not a quarter century of bitterness and disagreement…or delusions about Slash’s soul flying away like a crow.

Slash, Duff, and Adler are adored.  This is apparent by comments to GnR social media posts.  And it is apparent at each show, but particularly when Slash made a late entrance in Vegas and when the stadiums in Cincy and Nashville erupted as Adler rocked the AFD songs as they should be.  Judging by the massive volume of comments about Izzy’s absence on GnR social media posts, he too is adored.  It is Axl alone who rightfully faces an uphill public perception battle.  He, rather than speaking about the past quarter century of absurdities and failure, needs to simply, “…sing.”  How can he possibly explain his “not in this lifetime” and “Slash is a cancer” comments?  He cannot.  Not honestly.  No more than he can explain his album guarantees in the early 2000’s.  Or the riots he caused.  Or the habitual disrespect to fans and late show times.  Or the revolving door of musicians, managers and producers.  Or the lies about the RRHOF—he inducts Elton John but disrespects fans by not attending his own induction and instead rants nonsense in a letter about how he doesn’t understand what the RRHOF is.  How can he possibly explain spending more than 10 million dollars on an album that took 15 years and is listed as one of Wikipedia’s worst albums of all time?  He’ll just rant about the record company and producers and managers.  The more Axl Rose speaks, the more I don’t understand him.

Axl’s had to eat his words—he proclaimed NITL.  Slash and Duff eat no words—they stated time and again that a reunion was possible.  Beyond whatever is required of Axl in the partnership agreement or the LiveNation contract, e.g., a nondisclosure clause, one can only hope that his own manager and publicist (if he’s smart enough to have hired one) are counseling him on matters to avoid publicly discussing—or at least coaching him to briefly answer and redirect.

Slash and Duff (and Adler for two shows) are eviscerating a quarter century of Axl’s well-deserved negative public image.  It’s a virtual guarantee that loss division is incorporated into the partnership agreement to protect Duff and Slash, and certainly a guarantee in the LiveNation contract for no-shows, late start times, or hissy fits that result in cancelled shows.  Because of these mechanisms, there is no chance on this tour that Axl will attempt what he’s done the last quarter century—and this is, incidentally, forcing him to repair his public image and respect the fans.  By simply showing up (on time, not throwing hissy fits and quitting, you know, all the things expected of any person at any job) and putting effort into his vocals, he is repairing his image—while Slash and Duff do the heavy lifting.   Positivity and goodwill are everywhere—including in media reviews of shows.   Americans love a comeback story.

When Axl speaks, he causes derision and drama and even public riots.  This does not sell tickets and merchandise.  It does the opposite.  And his public negatives are enormous.  There is more than a quarter century of documented instances of what happens when he speaks publicly.  They’ve promoted and spoken enough since April.   So, rather than a “blackout” it’s an “Axl-in” on adult behavior and self-restraint with a heavy helping of loss division motivation.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JustanUrchin said:

Slash, Duff, and Adler are adored.  This is apparent by comments to GnR social media posts.  And it is apparent at each show, but particularly when Slash made a late entrance in Vegas and when the stadiums in Cincy and Nashville erupted as Adler rocked the AFD songs as they should be.  Judging by the massive volume of comments about Izzy’s absence on GnR social media posts, he too is adored.  It is Axl alone who rightfully faces an uphill public perception battle.  He, rather than speaking about the past quarter century of absurdities and failure, needs to simply, “…sing.”  How can he possibly explain his “not in this lifetime” and “Slash is a cancer” comments?  He cannot.  Not honestly.  No more than he can explain his album guarantees in the early 2000’s.  Or the riots he caused.  Or the habitual disrespect to fans and late show times.  Or the revolving door of musicians, managers and producers.  Or the lies about the RRHOF—he inducts Elton John but disrespects fans by not attending his own induction and instead rants nonsense in a letter about how he doesn’t understand what the RRHOF is.  How can he possibly explain spending more than 10 million dollars on an album that took 15 years and is listed as one of Wikipedia’s worst albums of all time?  He’ll just rant about the record company and producers and managers.  The more Axl Rose speaks, the more I don’t understand him.

Very well said! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JustanUrchin said:

I enjoyed reading your experience @AxlCole.  I’m piecing mine together as GnR came on my radar a little earlier than yours.  I hope other early on fans share as well—it’s a unique connection that we, as strangers, have.

To the “blackout”:  I’m not sure that that I agree with you 100% on your police work—to steal a line from Fargo.  All three have given interviews since the threeunion began:  Axl at the CE, Duff on Steve Jones, and Slash on Joey Kramer.  The band has promoted via social media, billboards, buses and so forth while receiving free promotion with online reviews.  They are selling tickets and merchandise, not a quarter century of bitterness and disagreement…or delusions about Slash’s soul flying away like a crow.

Axl’s had to eat his words—he proclaimed NITL.  Slash and Duff eat no words—they stated time and again that a reunion was possible.  Beyond whatever is required of Axl in the partnership agreement or the LiveNation contract, e.g., a nondisclosure clause, one can only hope that his own manager and publicist (if he’s smart enough to have hired one) are counseling him on matters to avoid publicly discussing—or at least coaching him to briefly answer and redirect.

Slash and Duff (and Adler for two shows) are eviscerating a quarter century of Axl’s well-deserved negative public image.  It’s a virtual guarantee that loss division is incorporated into the partnership agreement to protect Duff and Slash, and certainly a guarantee in the LiveNation contract for no-shows, late start times, or hissy fits that result in cancelled shows.  Because of these mechanisms, there is no chance on this tour that Axl will attempt what he’s done the last quarter century—and this is, incidentally, forcing him to repair his public image and respect the fans.  By simply showing up (on time, not throwing hissy fits and quitting, you know, all the things expected of any person at any job) and putting effort into his vocals, he is repairing his image—while Slash and Duff do the heavy lifting.   Positivity and goodwill are everywhere—including in media reviews of shows.   Americans love a comeback story.

When Axl speaks, he causes derision and drama and even public riots.  This does not sell tickets and merchandise.  It does the opposite.  And his public negatives are enormous.  There is more than a quarter century of documented instances of what happens when he speaks publicly.  They’ve promoted and spoken enough since April.   So, rather than a “blackout” it’s an “Axl-in” on adult behavior and self-restraint with a heavy helping of loss division motivation.

Yeah, you know, I don't really disagree too much with what you've said.  I hadn't heard the Duff interview so I can't comment on that.  Slash's comments have been pretty broad and generic.  The closest we've gotten to the 'story' of what got them to finally talk and how the reunion plans went down, and why Izzy hasn't been involved, and why did Steven only do two shows and blah blah blah, was Axl's Chinese Exchange interview where he talked about talking to Slash on the phone and how he was saying to him "Some things in your book just never happened".  So, what I mean is that: the in depth story.  I think _that's_ maybe what they're holding out on.  I could very well be wrong... it's just a guess.

5 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I honestly wouldn't be able to listen to someone if I thought they had molested children. I don't think he did and I also think the fact that Axl named MJ as one of his favourite singers a few years ago puts that story in a lot of doubt. 

Anyway, I hope that they are making a documentary also, would be very interesting to know how this thing came together in detail. 

In regard to MJ, I know many people who don't feel right  about enjoying the works of MJ because they believe he is responsible for something heinous. Then I also know many people who seem to have the ability to separate the personal  controversy from the professional and still appreciate his gifts. 

I have no idea if what was alleged is true or not, as far as Axl being angry at Slash over the MJ molestation thing. However it does seem that Axl has at least some ability to separate heinous acts and art or he wouldn't have covered Charles Manson's song. 

And yes, a documentary or even an in depth interview detailing what has been going on behind the scenes would be awesome. Eh...but if not I'm done with that. I'm just happy that Guns are back and something tells me that the best is still yet to come with the band. Let's hope!

Edited by Tiffani

On 9 août 2016 at 4:34 AM, Tom-Ass said:

It was actually called the "Skin N' Bones" tour and I was at that Boston show too. I have been to hundreds of concerts over the years and that still to this day is my all time favorite.  The energy in that place was just off the charts. It was St Patty's day in Boston for one so it was a giant party and Gn'R were at their peak.. The tension during the near riot was so heavy.. The band and Axl were in top form that tour as well. They were just fucking tight. Probably the tightest the band has ever been. Reckless Life and Nice Boys the same show? What!?!?!

You're Gn'R concert story started if similar to me. I saw Gilby's first show the tour Soundgarden opened.. Second show was with Faith No More and Metallica and then the the St Patty's Day show..

I did go see NuGnR once and it seemed more of a sick joke.. Axl looked like a clown but he did sound great and was all over the place.. He still had it.. The band on the other hand looked like a bunch of circus freaks and they just lost the special vibe the classic lineups had.. Not too mention the DJ's, NunChuck Solos and Toy give away.. wtf? lol They were just on the opposite end of the spectrum of the dirty rock n' roll band that I fell in love with..

Glad that is over and there are at least 3 of them back playing again.

And of course your idol Richard Fortus is in the band. So it's better than ever ?

There was a Swedish article around the time of the reunion announcement about some Swedish person claiming that he is going to make a documentary about the reunion.

http://vlt.se/kulturnoje/1.3408360-vasterasare-vill-gora-guns-n-roses-film

I doubt there is any truth to that and there are some wrong facts in the article.

Anyway... I cant remember there being any post about it here on the forum, but I don't read every topic.

47 minutes ago, Todubblebe said:

There was a Swedish article around the time of the reunion announcement about some Swedish person claiming that he is going to make a documentary about the reunion.

http://vlt.se/kulturnoje/1.3408360-vasterasare-vill-gora-guns-n-roses-film

I doubt there is any truth to that and there are some wrong facts in the article.

Anyway... I cant remember there being any post about it here on the forum, but I don't read every topic.

Well that article gets a lot of things wrong about both the reunion and other GN'R stuff (such as dates) but I too hope that there's some sort of documentary made out of this!

8 hours ago, Caraibes said:

And of course your idol Richard Fortus is in the band. So it's better than ever ?

You had me rolling on the floor the first two times you said it.. I mean you were fucking hilarious.. This time not so much.. You kind of come off now like you need a beating...

If anyone's interested, as requested I posted my story about my audition for what later became Velvet Revolver, along with links to a couple of the songs.... in this location:

If that's not the appropriate location for such a post, or if you think there's a better location, please feel free to repost it there.