Who manages Guns?

12 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Look, no one's saying Fernando is qualified to be the manager, just that he is.

And he is. It's mentioned is some of the articles, in one of them there was a Live Nation guy that said when he deals with the band he deals with Fernando.

45 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

5o8kjn.jpg

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

12 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Alphabetical Order?

(D)uff comes before (S)lash.  Even (M)cKagan comes before (S)lash.  (B)ass comes before (G)uitar or (L)ead Guitar also.

12 hours ago, Slash787 said:

So where's (D) izzy? 

First i thougth alphabetical order too, but as Slash787 said, then Dizzy must be before Slash too ...

Isnt it usally like that: Singer, Guitar, Bass, Drums? Could be wrong though ....

46 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

First i thougth alphabetical order too, but as Slash787 said, then Dizzy must be before Slash too ...

Isnt it usally like that: Singer, Guitar, Bass, Drums? Could be wrong though ....

It is the order of when people originally joined GNR.

Not sure if it was on purpose or not, but that was what I noticed when I first saw the list.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:40 AM, sanity_lost said:

Mark me down as confused. Guitarpatch said "Fernando and Team Brazil still handle everything GNR related and its interests."  (that you bolded, so I am guessing that is what you are replying to) In reply to my getting clarification on the thought that it is possible Axl still solely owns the GNR brand and Duff and Slash are only partnering with it as seperate entities for the tour. So I assumed he was saying that Fernando/Team Brazil were the managers and handlers of all things for the GNR entity and they dealt evenly with the managers and handlers of Duff's entity and Slash's entity. Which all would of course include attorneys to overlook any contracts made.

I must have missed something as I am not sure how what he said is different to what you said except you expanded on it and added inflamatory language and jabs. It is late where I am at, so I probably did miss something, (maybe whatever the earily comment was that upset you?) and I am sorry if I did. 

The expanded you wrote  part was interesting! Except for the purposefully inflammatory wording and insults.

The majority of my forty-odd posts target business structure because fans of Gn’R (the band) benefit from shared biz knowledge.  It takes from my time to contribute (because the topics are complex and require simplification accompanied by facts and examples), but I benefit because I get to enjoy what others share while suffering less and less myth related to the biz of the band.  The biz of Gn’R has been a mess for a quarter century.  And that is being generous.  Anyone who contests that need only refer to L.A. County Superior Court dockets, including the newest entry this week.   That biz rears its (ugly) head in many, many threads.  When knowledge spreads, myth-pushers are lidded.  I drew unequivocal distinctions in my post, but you ask for more.  Here goes:

“Crew and Credits” is prima facie but cumulative evidence that this entity is comprised of three individuals with decision-making authority, weighted or otherwise.  It lists seven band members, three of which are listed separately.  Axl’s “family” affairs are listed, ad nauseam.  Duff and Slash have separate management (and security) from each other and from Axl.  There are thus four band member employees of the biz entity—Adler’s fourth replacement, Izzy’s whatever the number replacement, and two keyboardists.  Most can stop reading here because they have their answer—or who, like me, already had their answer in June.

For those remaining, ownership of the brand name is irrelevant to the structure of the entity.  As an example, recall the litigation regarding control of p’ship assets—Axl could not, e.g., license songs because Slash and Duff refused.  Axl withdrew from the p’ship in ‘96 and, with the brand name in tow, formed a solo band.  Slash and Duff, as remaining partners, thus controlled all p’ship assets.  Voluminous litigation ensued over control until at least 2009. 

The C&C answers the question of “who manages” the ‘band,’ but it is cumulative evidence because public 2016 references are to S/D/A decision-making.  For example, in Axl’s words, this is a “reunion.”  A reunion of the S/D/A p’ship.  But keep this in context because there are biz orgs more complex than a GP, e.g., a p’ship for a specific/joint venture. 

The OP involves the question (as do you) of who is making biz decisions.  One or three?  But two notes.  First, facts are not inflammatory, but persons who intentionally push myths are.  Scores of returning Gn’R fans, including me, are interested only in what is next—not in the agenda of Axl apologists who suffered 25 years of 15 original songs.  The “bold” text to which you refer was the focal point of my reply.  Izzy calls agendas bullshit.  So do I.

Second, legal counsel for S/D/A negotiated terms.  S/D/A managers know the terms—even if Axl’s do not understand them.   The production manager, Mr. Skjerseth, is in a unique position because he is, in essence, the general contractor for production—which necessitates that he know who to consult for decisions.  Izzy, and counsel, know whether the rejected offer was from an individual with sole decision-making or an entity with joint decision-making.

1.  Izzy’s Twitter reply on a RS-verified account employed the terms “they,” “loot” (not proceeds, profit or even money) and “equally.”  Counsel, employees, etc. do not “split” profit because they are not in the entity—an entity (or agents) generally pays those performing services in fees, billable hours, expenses and salaries, depending upon the arrangement.  Izzy’s “they” therefore could only refer to S/D/A. 

2.  From Globo regarding decision-making on songs from his prior solo band’s only album, Axl stated:  “I really didn't have anything to do with that” and that “they [Slash and Duff] stepped to that on their own.”  At China Exchange, Axl stated that he didn’t tell Slash how to play said songs and, “had no idea how they were going to sound.” 

3.  On July 7, a writer who interviewed Duff, wrote that the “business kept the band together even when they were apart,” and that “they stayed in touch thanks to their shared interest in merchandise and music royalties.”  Duff, moreover, “called the Gn’R reunion a mutual decision.” 

4.  On July 26, Opie Skjerseth stated that in regards to S/D/A, “all three of them” decided on the enormous overhead of staging—this critical biz decision was made collectively.

6.  At the CE, Axl stated that, “I do want to put out more music []…[a]nd I don’t know if that has to do with Slash or not but underneath the Guns n’ Roses thing [brand], and, um, if he and I write something or he wants to play on something that we have, it’s like that would be great.”  Slash determines if he’ll create new tunes and whether he wants to work up any prior ideas.  According to Axl, “that would be great” if Slash chooses to do so.  Employees of an entity, conversely, work as directed by their employer.

Aside from merch/TM, this entity’s asset is its music and performances, thus biz and creative decision-making authority is indistinguishable.  The decision-making is S/D/A, thus S/D are not ‘employees.’  Employees do not make entity biz decisions, be it an employee at a burger franchisee or an employee at the franchisor’s corporate HQ.  The replacements and keyboardists likely retain their own managers (someone with more time than I can research this; no one in their right mind would agree to Axl’s “family” managing their careers).  Seven band members are listed, but only S/D/A are listed by “Party” with separate and distinct management and security from each other and from the other four listed employee band members. 

Directly sourced 2016 facts to S/D/A/I/and OS affirm that this 117 MILLION DOLLAR+ tour is not in the hands of Axl and his live-ins and that biz decision-making is collectively S/D/A.  And while Axl may have leveraged brand name, brand ownership translated into two decades of an unmitigated commercial collapse.  Competent legal counsel for Slash (and Duff) would negotiate from that blue chip:  ‘Axl will continue to play American bowling alleys without my client.  Now, back to my client’s demands regarding decision-making authority, profit-sharing, and especially division of loss…’

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JustanUrchin said:

The majority of my forty-odd posts target business structure because fans of Gn’R (the band) benefit from shared biz knowledge.  It takes from my time to contribute (because the topics are complex and require simplification accompanied by facts and examples), but I benefit because I get to enjoy what others share while suffering less and less myth related to the biz of the band.  The biz of Gn’R has been a mess for a quarter century.  And that is being generous.  Anyone who contests that need only refer to L.A. County Superior Court dockets, including the newest entry this week.   That biz rears its (ugly) head in many, many threads.  When knowledge spreads, myth-pushers are lidded.  I drew unequivocal distinctions in my post, but you ask for more.  Here goes:

“Crew and Credits” is prima facie but cumulative evidence that this entity is comprised of three individuals with decision-making authority, weighted or otherwise.  It lists seven band members, three of which are listed separately.  Axl’s “family” affairs are listed, ad nauseam.  Duff and Slash have separate management (and security) from each other and from Axl.  There are thus four band member employees of the biz entity—Adler’s fourth replacement, Izzy’s whatever the number replacement, and two keyboardists.  Most can stop reading here because they have their answer—or who, like me, already had their answer in June.

For those remaining, ownership of the brand name is irrelevant to the structure of the entity.  As an example, recall the litigation regarding control of p’ship assets—Axl could not, e.g., license songs because Slash and Duff refused.  Axl withdrew from the p’ship in ‘96 and, with the brand name in tow, formed a solo band.  Slash and Duff, as remaining partners, thus controlled all p’ship assets.  Voluminous litigation ensued over control until at least 2009. 

The C&C answers the question of “who manages” the ‘band,’ but it is cumulative evidence because public 2016 references are to S/D/A decision-making.  For example, in Axl’s words, this is a “reunion.”  A reunion of the S/D/A p’ship.  But keep this in context because there are biz orgs more complex than a GP, e.g., a p’ship for a specific/joint venture. 

The OP involves the question (as do you) of who is making biz decisions.  One or three?  But two notes.  First, facts are not inflammatory, but persons who intentionally push myths are.  Scores of returning Gn’R fans, including me, are interested only in what is next—not in the agenda of Axl apologists who suffered 25 years of 15 original songs.  The “bold” text to which you refer was the focal point of my reply.  Izzy calls agendas bullshit.  So do I.

Second, legal counsel for S/D/A negotiated terms.  S/D/A managers know the terms—even if Axl’s do not understand them.   The production manager, Mr. Skjerseth, is in a unique position because he is, in essence, the general contractor for production—which necessitates that he know who to consult for decisions.  Izzy, and counsel, know whether the rejected offer was from an individual with sole decision-making or an entity with joint decision-making.

1.  Izzy’s Twitter reply on a RS-verified account employed the terms “they,” “loot” (not proceeds, profit or even money) and “equally.”  Counsel, employees, etc. do not “split” profit because they are not in the entity—an entity (or agents) generally pays those performing services in fees, billable hours, expenses and salaries, depending upon the arrangement.  Izzy’s “they” therefore could only refer to S/D/A. 

2.  From Globo regarding decision-making on songs from his prior solo band’s only album, Axl stated:  “I really didn't have anything to do with that” and that “they [Slash and Duff] stepped to that on their own.”  At China Exchange, Axl stated that he didn’t tell Slash how to play said songs and, “had no idea how they were going to sound.” 

3.  On July 7, a writer who interviewed Duff, wrote that the “business kept the band together even when they were apart,” and that “they stayed in touch thanks to their shared interest in merchandise and music royalties.”  Duff, moreover, “called the Gn’R reunion a mutual decision.” 

4.  On July 26, Opie Skjerseth stated that in regards to S/D/A, “all three of them” decided on the enormous overhead of staging—this critical biz decision was made collectively.

6.  At the CE, Axl stated that, “I do want to put out more music []…[a]nd I don’t know if that has to do with Slash or not but underneath the Guns n’ Roses thing [brand], and, um, if he and I write something or he wants to play on something that we have, it’s like that would be great.”  Slash determines if he’ll create new tunes and whether he wants to work up any prior ideas.  According to Axl, “that would be great” if Slash chooses to do so.  Employees of an entity, conversely, work as directed by their employer.

Aside from merch/TM, this entity’s asset is its music and performances, thus biz and creative decision-making authority is indistinguishable.  The decision-making is S/D/A, thus S/D are not ‘employees.’  Employees do not make entity biz decisions, be it an employee at a burger franchisee or an employee at the franchisor’s corporate HQ.  The replacements and keyboardists likely retain their own managers (someone with more time than I can research this; no one in their right mind would agree to Axl’s “family” managing their careers).  Seven band members are listed, but only S/D/A are listed by “Party” with separate and distinct management and security from each other and from the other four listed employee band members. 

Directly sourced 2016 facts to S/D/A/I/and OS affirm that this 117 MILLION DOLLAR+ tour is not in the hands of Axl and his live-ins and that biz decision-making is collectively S/D/A.  And while Axl may have leveraged brand name, brand ownership translated into two decades of an unmitigated commercial collapse.  Competent legal counsel for Slash (and Duff) would negotiate from that blue chip:  ‘Axl will continue to play American bowling alleys without my client.  Now, back to my client’s demands regarding decision-making authority, profit-sharing, and especially division of loss…’

Thanks for this...... great sharing :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, JustanUrchin said:

I disagree with some of your assumptions, but it doesn't really matter. I appreciate the time, thoughts and effort you put in to this. Thank you!