The Most Amazing Song of 2016

Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Its actually a very affectionate song dedicated to his Dad who had recently died.  His Dad was a very cynical working class Irishman, a dour kind of guy but in a humourous kind of way and he would respond generally, in a pub conversation or what have you, with 'thats bollocks', footballs bollocks, the government are bollocks or whatever the subject may be.  You can kinda hear his voice breaking up in the chorus.

awwwww i kinda left after the *unt bollcks part!

my dad if he ever heard this would stroke out if he was still alive. but very touching...

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

awwwww i kinda left after the *unt bollcks part!

my dad if he ever heard this would stroke out if he was still alive. but very touching...

Johns a strange boy, he writes what appear to be dance tracks in commemoration of his loved ones passing, he wrote this one about him Mum in 1979:

1 minute ago, username said:

logo_thedogsbollocks_A.png 

http://www.thedogsbollocks.nl/ 

This is the sign outside their door: 

12717724_10208653313947543_8236121492400 

Thats fantastic :lol:. I presume an English fellas the landlord?  The Dogs Bollocks, thats brilliant! 'See you later love, I'm off down the bollocks for a quick one' :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats fantastic :lol:. I presume an English fellas the landlord?  The Dogs Bollocks, thats brilliant! 'See you later love, I'm off down the bollocks for a quick one' :lol:

You'd think huh? I'm not even entirely sure, but I think he's Dutch. Doesn't matter though - it's a brilliant place. Best burgers in town, big portions of everything, loads of great imported and local beer on draft and per bottle. It's definitely in my top 5 here. And you'd be surprised how often I've said roughly that to the Mrs! :lol: Last Thursday actually. 

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

OH Public Enemy!  I was sitting here thinking what the fucks wrong with this boy? :lol:

Having said that John did make a little foray into hip hop:

John Lydon and Bambaataa

this 1984 song is by far the best song on this thread!

:headbang:

is there any more colabs between john and bambaata?

===

keeping up with the bambaataa conection, here is a 2016 song where he plays guest to this brazilian singer fernanda abreu

On 10/31/2016 at 1:40 AM, Len Cnut said:

Just spreading the gospel boys and girls, if you have a better alternative you're welcome to dispute my position, regardless of the fact that you'll be wrong :D

Leonard.... This song is HORRIBLY catchy. Been in my head since seeing this thread. I'm not sure whether I should love or hate you for that. 

• Like 1