If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

I got a couple Country stories to tell. True stories. 

Last weekend, my gf was gonna go see Wonder Woman with some of her gfs. I said- hey drop me off at our local bar on your way there, then pick me up on your way back. I've been wanting to check this bar out. It just changed hands and became a biker bar and has huge crowds now. She was ok with this, but for whatever reason, it all fell thru. Well, at 1:15 in the morning, somebody tried to throw somebody out, and somebody got shot in the chest n died. Thank fuck I wasn't there. I'd post a link from our local paper if I could. Ljworld.com if you want.

The other story- I went to the sweet corn stand today, and saw my old friend who was there also buying some corn. He is the most well respected undertaker in town, but there was a time me n him split a huge amount of cocaine. 

Truth.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I got a couple Country stories to tell. True stories. 

Last weekend, my gf was gonna go see Wonder Woman with some of her gfs. I said- hey drop me off at our local bar on your way there, then pick me up on your way back. I've been wanting to check this bar out. It just changed hands and became a biker bar and has huge crowds now. She was ok with this, but for whatever reason, it all fell thru. Well, at 1:15 in the morning, somebody tried to throw somebody out, and somebody got shot in the chest n died. Thank fuck I wasn't there. I'd post a link from our local paper if I could. Ljworld.com if you want.

The other story- I went to the sweet corn stand today, and saw my old friend who was there also buying some corn. He is the most well respected undertaker in town, but there was a time me n him split a huge amount of cocaine. 

Truth.

Holy smokes, that's crazy. Another kismet :)

That story about the undertaker...reminds me of the time I went to a bbq with a gf of mine who was dating this finance guy..so there were a few ceo's and bankers and business owners...all well into their 40's and 50's..and after dinner, they all pulled out some weed and started smoking! I've never been so shocked in my life. lol. I guess I am kind of naïve. :lol: Anyway, I was like I'm outta here, don't even wanna know what's coming next. lol.

Anyway, glad you're safe Mr.Fithawhiskey!

Edited by Whiskey Rose
  • Like 1

Haha- yeah, I guess it's un-American to not have a beer in my hand at the grill. And you got me beat all to hell with that t-bone! We are just having the very American hamburgers & brats tonight. And that sweet corn- I love that stuff like you wouldn't believe.

KC has the best BBQ in the world and I won't have any arguments about it! :lol: In fact, we were working in downtown KCK last week, right down the street from the original Gates, which is talked about on this. The brisket sandwich I had was so tender it was unreal. It was as easy to bite as a pbj... really an experience to go there too.

Here's another one about Gates. The old run down looking location is where we went. The lady with the top of her hair dyed blonde waited on me in fact... lunch hour is insanely busy. They yell "Hi may I help you" and then people are yelling what they want, then they yell it in to the kitchen. Awesome.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

That's what I'm doing right now! Got a T-bone on there...but how can you bbq without a beer in your hand? :crazy: :lol:

I guess J Dog will have to verify if any of these ^^ are correct :P

They're way off on my bbq, we don't fuck with mustard base, we go vinegar based. Listen to my boy right here, he's our local celebrity, he's been on a judge on top chef, been on shows like drive-ins, diners, and dives, and a few others. A few celebrities have ordered from him including Bill Clinton (what up dog!). Proud of this guy, we've been eating off him for years and the past 5-10 years he's just somehow got big time recognition. And the best bbq ever. Period. He only cooks on wood which takes way longer but damn the difference is huge. He even has a side lumber business, got a tree you need cutting down, he'll do it for free, homie needs the wood!

• Like 2

Looks pretty cool J Dog. My parents lived in Fort Mill SC for a few years, so I've been down there and had that southern style a few times. I like it- yeah it's got a lot more vinegar taste than what he have around here. We use that red spicy type sauce mostly. When I'm traveling for work in KS, the first thing we do when we hit a little town is find the bbq shack! Almost every little town has one...

59 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Looks pretty cool J Dog. My parents lived in Fort Mill SC for a few years, so I've been down there and had that southern style a few times. I like it- yeah it's got a lot more vinegar taste than what he have around here. We use that red spicy type sauce mostly. When I'm traveling for work in KS, the first thing we do when we hit a little town is find the bbq shack! Almost every little town has one...

I've been to Fort Mill, Charlotte is like my second home so I'm real familiar with that area.

We have a little joke that you can tell when you're leaving the south, not by a line on a map like the mason dixon,  but based on the bbq sauce. When the bbq sauce goes from vinegar based to mustard based, you're getting into yankee territory :lol:

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 6:46 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

Me n him have similar interests... ???

Chicks n cars n partying hard 

I haven't heard much of that guy but this has always been a top tune for me....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I've been to Fort Mill, Charlotte is like my second home so I'm real familiar with that area.

We have a little joke that you can tell when you're leaving the south, not by a line on a map like the mason dixon,  but based on the bbq sauce. When the bbq sauce goes from vinegar based to mustard based, you're getting into yankee territory :lol:

Lol... you guys are also mostly pork too, right? Or do you do much beef? This is beef country obviously. Every place will have pulled pork too, but brisket and burnt ends are the most popular around here...

20 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Lol... you guys are also mostly pork too, right? Or do you do much beef? This is beef country obviously. Every place will have pulled pork too, but brisket and burnt ends are the most popular around here...

Yeah the pig is the deal around here. Cooking on wood is the best but takes a long time and a lot of work. That's why that Scott's is so good he only cooks on wood.

When we do one we'll throw it on at like midnight and cook all night and it'll be ready for lunch. It's cool though, stand by a fire barrel all night and drink and smoke and cook and listen to shit like is in this thread :lol: Last year I got tight and had to listen to a 2Pac song and my cool but old ass country uncle is like hey what in the hell is that :lol:

• Like 1