If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

Well what else should we do when you're not around? :lol:

I heard this song on the radio today..maybe not the greatest song ever, but it made me so nostalgic, it could literally be talking about where/how I grew up...except my town was even smaller, population 1400 lol. Anyone else grow up in a small town?

Oh yeah- me too. Wikipedia says my old hometown has 1900. I thought it would be smaller than that- sure seemed it. Yeah, the one in the song is a metropolis compared to my town- what with their Dairy Queen and fancy stoplight! We had none of that! Well, there was a flashing caution light on the highway, and a truck stop/ diner... so close I guess... I couldn't imagine a better place for a boy to grow up though. Baseball field/ basketball courts across the street, woods and a creek behind the house, several other creeks and 2 lakes in town, lots of kids my age in the village where I lived. The best...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Oh yeah- me too. Wikipedia says my old hometown has 1900. I thought it would be smaller than that- sure seemed it. Yeah, the one in the song is a metropolis compared to my town- what with their Dairy Queen and fancy stoplight! We had none of that! Well, there was a flashing caution light on the highway, and a truck stop/ diner... so close I guess... I couldn't imagine a better place for a boy to grow up though. Baseball field/ basketball courts across the street, woods and a creek behind the house, several other creeks and 2 lakes in town, lots of kids my age in the village where I lived. The best...

2 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I'm not a fan of the group but this song gives me that feeling.

Ya! The perfect place for a kid to grow up in. And our parents never knew where we were and that was ok :P

I have to say though, regarding the Dairy Queen above? Now we didn't have a DQ but we DID have a Dairy Daughter. our own rip off version. lol. So basically we were the McDowell's of the Dairy Queen world. (was my first job too!)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Here's one for the gardeners ;)... I had me a good one today. Not grown by me, but anyway...

We know whatcha mean Guy! lol But I thought for sure he'd call them 'Mater's. :lol:  And he didn't mention them just sliced on a plate alongside a big juicy steak. Or am I the only one who likes that.  

10 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

We know whatcha mean Guy! lol But I thought for sure he'd call them 'Mater's. :lol:  And he didn't mention them just sliced on a plate alongside a big juicy steak. Or am I the only one who likes that.  

Anyone who doesn't like that is no friend of mine...:lol: Yeah I always just slice em up and eat em with whatever else. Just a little salt, maybe a little mayo... But with a steak off the grill? :thumbsup:

• Like 1