Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

That's the show @PishyPishy it's really embarrassing especially for someone from gnr to be a part of. And his wife hangs out with reality stars that's why I won't be susurprised if they'll have another one.

I agree with @kkferro72kkferro72 among the afd 5 duff for me is the least important atleast Adler has his swing. It would be the same attendance now wether duff is there or not. He just got lucky coz he's still part of the partnership and he probably knows that, that's why he's overselling himself 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

That's the thing with Ned. Even if he can be considered a founding member, he needs to point that because it's not something that naturally comes to mind. People say gnr are not gnr without Slash, without Axl, without Izzy. But you don't see people say it's not gnr without Duff, at least not very often. People say gnr would never have existed without Izzy or Axl. But not without Duff. People say Axl's voice is unique, Slash's guitar playing is unique, Izzy's songwriting is unique. But they don't say Duff's anything is unique. 

He's part of the threeunion but is not celebrated as the others. People talk more about Izzy's absence than Duff's presence. And that is affecting him, IMO. :shrugs:

All very true. I never understood when people referred to them as the "big 3", it's as if it was manufactured after the fact to justify the partial reuinuon to keep the fantasy going. Since when was he part of an imaginary, indispensable core?  On the one hand I understand all 5 are what made the band but on the other, and I've said it before, if anyone is disposable , its duff so he should get a reality check and not insult Izzy and Adler! And then I end up feeling bad that I said anything negative because I don't know , but he really is a sneaky bastard 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, annabanana said:

That's the show @PishyPishy it's really embarrassing especially for someone from gnr to be a part of. And his wife hangs out with reality stars that's why I won't be susurprised if they'll have another one.

I agree with @kkferro72kkferro72 among the afd 5 duff for me is the least important atleast Adler has his swing. It would be the same attendance now wether duff is there or not. He just got lucky coz he's still part of the partnership and he probably knows that, that's why he's overselling himself 

I agree with all this too, both of you really say it well. 

Yes, for someone in GnR ? It's so staged and just so embarsssing, 

Their behavior is very weird, I still can't digest it. Yeah I mentioned in some silly argument that I can see why Axl doesn't hang out with them , this is what I meant, very artificial and shallow. The wife is silly. They're always posing and demonstrating that they have money. 

Fully agree about duff being lucky , but seems he believes his own hype. 

I almost feel bad how much I've come to dislike him because it's interfering with how i view the music , in a way this partial reuinuon kind of let everyone truly understand why the band went to hell, they're not as cool as anyone thought . 

Edited by Pishy

9 minutes ago, Pishy said:

All very true. I never understood when people referred to them as the "big 3", it's as if it was manufactured after the fact to justify the partial reuinuon to keep the fantasy going. Since when was he part of an imaginary, indispensable core?  On the one hand I understand all 5 are what made the band but on the other, and I've said it before, if anyone is disposable , its duff so he should get a reality check and not insult Izzy and Adler! And then I end up feeling bad that I said anything negative because I don't know , but he really is a sneaky bastard 

I'm out of likes but agree 100%. Which is a pity because I really want the afd5 getting back together. I hope Ned can redeem himself in a short future otherwise I'm afraid the real reunion will never happen. :wacko:

• Like 2

It really was embarrassing when I saw it around 2009 or 2010 I felt so embarrassed for him that's why I thought he was broke coz I can't think of any explanation then I read that he has a successful investment company I figured they are just thirsty and wanted to stay relevant. Then he bashed the show and said he did it for his wife, not buying it but when I read that I already stopped believing what he was selling. 

I agree it's weird like their behavior and posts seem so contrived. Even the anniversary or birthday post he did of his wife, why tha pic? Ugh or maybe it's just me.

It's normal to change your beliefs.and opinions over years but everything in his interviews he said before have been contradicted by his actions now. Everything. To do a complete 180 on everything is a bit hmmm. So either he was bullshitting before or he is now. Especially the izzy part it was just a year before that he was singing izzy praises then a year after he's pretty much saying that izzy is non essential how can it change so fast, so what it is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, annabanana said:

It really was embarrassing when I saw it around 2009 or 2010 I felt so embarrassed for him that's why I thought he was broke coz I can't think of any explanation then I read that he has a successful investment company I figured they are just thirsty and wanted to stay relevant. Then he bashed the show and said he did it for his wife, not buying it but when I read that I already stopped believing what he was selling. 

I agree it's weird like their behavior and posts seem so contrived. Even the anniversary or birthday post he did of his wife, why tha pic? Ugh or maybe it's just me.

It's normal to change your beliefs.and opinions over years but everything in his interviews he said before have been contradicted by his actions now. Everything. To do a complete 180 on everything is a bit hmmm. So either he was bullshitting before or he is now. Especially the izzy part it was just a year before that he was singing izzy praises then a year after he's pretty much saying that izzy is non essential how can it change so fast, so what it is.

But doesnt duff get a lot of money from GnR , for everything they did back in the day? How could he have been broke? Steven said he lives just fine with the money he made and still does. Maybe he is just that greedy and like you said, wanted to be relevant. That's funny he tried backtracking on the show. He is such a Hollywood weirdo . He should have sold himself on melrose before going on that show😂

i didn't see the anniversary post with his wife, everything I've seen is thanks to all you CSI agents , lol! It's all very contrived . He even exaggerates and claims his wife was a super model. They're like the people you see in films when the director wants to demonstrate the absurdity and shallowness of Hollywood . 

i think that's just it, he changes anytime it suits his needs. Like he told Adler yes then called and said you're not coming . Then telling the truth about Izzy then lying and downplaying Izzy to re-brand GnR. He doesn't have integrity , that's why it's annoying. How else could he survive with that superficial life? It must be who he is. 

Everything we have been saying can no longer be disputed after his bs about Izzy in the recent interview. 

Edited by Pishy

I guess it depends on the lifestyle you lead, that was just my first thought. Coz the show wasn't even that good and the other cast weren't gnr caliber. He kinda threw his wife under the bus when talking about it later on.

There really was no need to diminish izzy. The reunion was already selling that time so it wasn't necessary 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, annabanana said:

I guess it depends on the lifestyle you lead, that was just my first thought. Coz the show wasn't even that good and the other cast weren't gnr caliber. He kinda threw his wife under the bus when talking about it later on.

There really was no need to diminish izzy. The reunion was already selling that time so it wasn't necessary 

You're right about all of it, I just can't understand why he is so greedy, and willing to humiliate himself for it. He looked more energetic on his dumb show than he has on this tour, maybe he should join the kardasians, lol!

yes, I think he diminished Izzy to kind of erase him completely , like he never existed . They put in a lot of effort into the illusion of a reunion and even though it sold very well, I guess maybe they felt they needed to keep reinforcing it plus he must have some sense that it's a fraud . Almost like he is irritated by the reality of it and needs to justify it. The interviewer brought it up, he must have felt the need to shoot it down

34 minutes ago, annabanana said:

But why do that when there's no need to do so, the tour is successful, they made tons of money and are popular again. Why do that to your friend who you claimed has always been there for you? 

It's way below the belt. There are not honest or sound answers . I can only speculate he wants to push reality away, I don't want to assume he feels any guilt , but he did seem annoyed . He is 'in' now , and has taken the same nasty attitude , "that was then , this is now", he only cares about his self interests .

Izzy was always there , even helped write for velvet revolver, but duff is not dignified like Izzy . Besides Izzy's amazing writing skills, his coolness, or his hot to trot self, what people sense about him and what they appreciate , is that the man has integrity , is honest and decent . Others...not so much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, annabanana said:

So true @Pishy!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but didn't duff claim that the beer in the Simpson's was named after him and the creators of the Simpson's said its not true? Am I remembering it right? 

What? I didn't know this. I'm very poorly versed on a lot of these interesting pieces . 

Ok, I just looked it up, oh my god, lol! You're right . He did claim that and it absolutely is not about him. That's so arrogant . I read all about Duffman and how it's a play off the Budweiser guy, and how Duff is Just a generic , mass produced and consumed beer. The producers said it was absurd that duff thought it was named after him particularly because what duff beer is about is so well detailed and explained 

http://loudwire.com/duff-mckagan-regrets-not-receiving-royalties-from-the-simpsons-beverage-duff-beer/

He even admits he regrets not knowing about branding himself , yuck

29 minutes ago, annabanana said:

I remember he claimed he could've earned so much from royalties because it was named after him. He does have a history of overvaluing himself 

He is getting really weird because he said they called him and asked permission .  He even went so far as to say "just as GnR was entering the public's conscious" , that in itself is overhauling things. Almost delusional .

did he go nuts after the band fell apart and have to tell lies to feel important ? This is so weird really . They're all crazy except Izzy and Adler , those two don't make up tall tales .  In some ways I feel sorry for duff but then I think of Izzy and Adler and go back to :max:

• Like 1

I read the article and I agree. I really liked him but now I am glad I didn’t waste my money for the 3 amigos.. I would rather invest my money in Izzy songs than a fake band.

i also read Gilby Clarke’s interview and he has class and I am liking him more and more.  I would go see him.

I am wondering how long it will take Izzy to tweet out a reply to Duffs interview..

last time he was talked down about Axl he tweeeted out..

16 hours ago, annabanana said:

But his behavior towards izzy really surprised me. Especially after that Jericho interview totally different from what he was saying just a year or so before.

It's weird how both his and Slash's attitude changed so much ever since Axl started signing their paychecks. :max:

Jesus tapdancing Christ, just own up to the fact that it's not a complete reunion. There's no need for this "Izzy wasn't as important to the band as you think" bullshit.

it's ok guys.. the fans know the truth!the fans around the world know if izzy offers in this band,and everybody want him back. Ιt's unhelpful to chat abut this interview. Ι hope these men to have well with their consiousness,and not reading again that somebody forced them to cooperate with axl,or they don't have a good time in this tour ,or leaving izzy, it was not their choice..

• Like 1