Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

Ok, can I just be honest and say I'm having major Slash issues right now?  I know I'm a newbie here and so this may have already been discussed.  But does anyone feel like Slash didn't want Izzy to return to GNR?  Because of what he's said in the past about not wanting a second guitarist?  I feel like Slash likes the spotlight and with Fortus on rhythm, all eyes are on Slash.  Does that make sense?  Am I reaching here?  

21 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Ok, can I just be honest and say I'm having major Slash issues right now?  I know I'm a newbie here and so this may have already been discussed.  But does anyone feel like Slash didn't want Izzy to return to GNR?  Because of what he's said in the past about not wanting a second guitarist?  I feel like Slash likes the spotlight and with Fortus on rhythm, all eyes are on Slash.  Does that make sense?  Am I reaching here?  

Not reaching at all.

Other than the 'P' word - can't bring myself to say it anymore :lol: - issue I think with Slash it's a combination of Izzy taking the spotlight away and Slash getting less money if Izzy's there.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Well You know, Slash want to be alone with Axl,  if Izzy return, The Indiana package will be back N' cant be separated again:awesomeface:

Edited by SerenityScorp

6 hours ago, int8 said:

:devilshades: I'm waiting for quotes...

He changed the lines in Cuttin' The Rug from 'I'm feelin' lucky...' into 'I'm feelin horny, cause I've got the will'.

Izzy changed a little bit the lyrics of another classic tune Rockin' Daddy, singing 'They call me a rocker I can fuck you all night long...'.

wink1.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

To be honest, I'm way more disappointed in Ned Flanders. Not only he collaborated to throw Izzy ( my mentor, my blablabla...) under the bus but he also is trying ( and failing hard) to copy his style. <_<:lol:

Since when Duff become Ned Flanders?! :rofl-lol:

7 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

We know they wanted Izzy for this reunion. BUT not as full time member because in their crazy minds he was too expensive :rolleyes: Slash doesn't really have too much of a say. Axl is very much in charge. The cheaper and more irrelevant the replacement is. The more money he gets.  Neither Izzy wanted to be justs guest/hired guy in the band he founded. The band he helped to become one of the biggests bands in the world.

All eyes will always be on Slash. He is the lead guitar. And that was also the case when Izzy was still a member. I wish things change in the near future. But after reading Adler's inteviews, Myles Kennedy talking about a new Conspirators tour and album next year and the AXL/DC rumors. Either GN'R is done or it will be just a side project to them

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Love this one

I found this remark under Coke'n on Youtube and it is so true for me:

"Since I have been discovering his solo stuff it turns out I am not even a GnR fan. I just loved Izzy this whole time."

:heart:

(I still love GnR stuff though but not after UYI)

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

It did just flow naturally. It suits him perfectly.

Didn't think the Ned thing was gonna stick. I'm diddly proud (?)

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Love this one

One of my faves too, love it!! :headbang:

And here's the song he wrote for the "big three" (because our avocado farmer can see the future :ph34r:)

YOU WANT A LOT BUT YOU DON'T NEED IT.

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Just seen it. May I ask why you wanna have the least favourite? I'm famously thick and don't get it. :awesomeface:

Mainly to sort them in some way. I know it's hard to chose one. Above all, it's an excuse to give those records some attention :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

To be honest, I'm way more disappointed in Ned Flanders. Not only he collaborated to throw Izzy ( my mentor, my blablabla...) under the bus but he also is trying ( and failing hard) to copy his style. <_<:lol:

I'm so fucking disappointed in all three of them.  But since Axl has been disappointing me for roughly 25 years, I'm kinda numb to him now.  Slash and Duff not fighting hard enough for Izzy - if that is the case, which it seems it may be - really f'n stings.  

Sorry to rehash drama.  I go in and out of being mad about this whole situation.  I think I'm done for now.  I'm sure I'll get pissed all over again in a month or so. ;)

7 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

I'm so fucking disappointed in all three of them.  But since Axl has been disappointing me for roughly 25 years, I'm kinda numb to him now.  Slash and Duff not fighting hard enough for Izzy - if that is the case, which it seems it may be - really f'n stings.  

Sorry to rehash drama.  I go in and out of being mad about this whole situation.  I think I'm done for now.  I'm sure I'll get pissed all over again in a month or so. ;)

Don't worry, this whole subject keeps coming back one way or another. There's people currently looking for whatever reason they can find to talk shit about Steven and justify his exclusion and the same thing happens with Izzy over and over again (he's lazy, doesn't like touring, once quit the band and the others did too but that's not convenient to mention). We won't be able to escape this drama until the band is finally over (or the miracle actually happens). At least it's nice to see people disappointed about some band members being left out instead of acting like Slash and Axl are the only thing that matters.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

It's Duff issues I'm having, I always saw Izzy and Duff as tight. Duff seemed to have such respect, said he learnt a lot from Izzy.

Izzy asked Duff to play on his solo records at a time when Duff seemed to be lost as a muscian.

I have mentioned it several times before, but Duff's damn book title How to be a man, and other lies is currently so ironic it kills me.

Slash I have always paid less attention too,I know his never liked the second/third guitarist scenario but I'm not sure it's a spotlight thing. He doesn't strike me as an attention seeker.

I think maybe it about not wanting to many personalities pulling on a fragile situation, it was easier to cope with Slash, Axl and Duff the others are paid to agree, so less conflict. I desperately hope it's not to do with paying off Axls lifestyle, Slash's divorce and Duffs boat but I'm losing faith fast.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Archtop said:

It's Duff issues I'm having, I always saw Izzy and Duff as tight. Duff seemed to have such respect, said he learnt a lot from Izzy.

Izzy asked Duff to play on his solo records at a time when Duff seemed to be lost as a muscian.

I have mentioned it several times before, but Duff's damn book title How to be a man, and other lies is currently so ironic it kills me.

Slash I have always paid less attention too,I know his never liked the second/third guitarist scenario but I'm not sure it's a spotlight thing. He doesn't strike me as an attention seeker.

I think maybe it about not wanting to many personalities pulling on a fragile situation, it was easier to cope with Slash, Axl and Duff the others are paid to agree, so less conflict. I desperately hope it's not to do with paying off Axls lifestyle, Slash's divorce and Duffs boat but I'm losing faith fast.

A lot of people have told me they don't see Slash as an attention-seeker.  I dunno why I think he loves the spotlight so much.  I guess maybe I've just never seen him shy away from it?  Fuuuuuuuck.  I dunno.  They all suck.  Just kidding.  I love them.  Dammit. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I think the books were actually called "It's So Easy and Other Lies" and "How To Be A Man and Other Illusions" :P

I don't think Slash is against having a second guitarist. He's always had one in both Snakepit incarnations and in SMKC as well.

It's probable that it would have been more difficult to do the reunion with Izzy and Steven. Apparently, Izzy wanted to do it the right way, which includes making new music. Maybe that's not what Axl wants and Slash and Duff just decided to accept his terms 'cause they wanted to be back. Whatever the reason may be, it sucks. Izzy and Steven should be there, this band belong to the five looney tunes, not to one or a few of them :max:

36 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

A lot of people have told me they don't see Slash as an attention-seeker.  I dunno why I think he loves the spotlight so much.  I guess maybe I've just never seen him shy away from it?  Fuuuuuuuck.  I dunno.  They all suck.  Just kidding.  I love them.  Dammit. 

LOL, you're so conflicted right now :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

IMO, Slash only cares for attention when he is on stage. He loves the interaction with the crowd, he lives for it. Off the stage, he's a normal dude and the less attention he gets, the better. That's how I see it anyways.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I think the books were actually called "It's So Easy and Other Lies" and "How To Be A Man and Other Illusions" :P

ha my book title was better! he is defiantly under some illusion if he reckons his acting like a descent man right now.

In anticipation of Izzy's album 118 Deg coming up next in the ranking thread please somebody point me to where I can get the entire album, this one has always escaped me and I don't have all the songs @downliner is it available anywhere?