Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

I feel like the Chopaway site + Beenafix + Metal Sludge + Groupie Central are like flashbacks of my youthful internet glory days. That's how I used to de-stress in-between thesis writing in college. Good times. 

Image result for youth gif

Anyway, I'm starting to get my hopes up again... Izzy has been silent, Adler is muzzling himself again, the Fernando/billboard thing... maybe they decided to pay Izzy out the ass for a few LA shows? Now that A/S/D are secure in their millions? Reunion starts now? Thoughts? I'm weirdly conflicted over this? Why do I care so much? Too many question marks?? Help???

Knock some sense into me, kids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, int8 said:

Thank you so much for posting this, I'll love you forever! I thought there's no way to see what was on that famous chopaway site anymore. I knew it contained some precocious content, and here it is! No sleep for me tonight, I guess.

Are you guys bootlegs fans? Cause I was wandering around the old forums, and people used to post links to download bootlegs from Izzy's gigs, by now all of them are dead. But I was on mission to find them again and surprisingly I managed to do it (found them on some russian site at the end of the Internet :wow:). I can't wait till I listen to them.

Sigh, struggles of being new fan - links are dead, sites don't work anymore... :tongue2:

Wow, that's great. Those russian sites are the only thing we have left pretty much :P

Around a decade ago, I had downloaded every 80's bootleg there was (audio, not video) but after a few years my computer died, I lost everything and every link was dead when I tried to recover them. It was so sad :cry:

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

- stolen from the main section -

So does this mean the gag order is back in place? :vomit:

Hopefully there's a good reason behind it. A good reason involving a certain avocado farmer :ph34r:

Of course I don't wanna get my hopes up because this is Guns N' Roses we're talking about, so let's wait and see...

Oh, and thanks for those links. @downliner's site was the shit. I remember reading those old Izzy interviews maaaany years ago. There weren't even that old back then :lol:

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for copying this here. I don't know what to think of it. Good new / bad news? We'll know in a couple of weeks or never. Somehow I'm tired of this Steven-drama.

Guns N' Roses is like certain tv shows, there's ALWAYS DRAMA :lol::popcorn:

52 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Anyway, I'm starting to get my hopes up again... Izzy has been silent, Adler is muzzling himself again, the Fernando/billboard thing... maybe they decided to pay Izzy out the ass for a few LA shows? Now that A/S/D are secure in their millions? Reunion starts now? Thoughts? I'm weirdly conflicted over this? Why do I care so much? Too many question marks?? Help???

Knock some sense into me, kids.

giphy.gif

Steven mentioned closure again so that makes me think he probably just got a phone call from somebody telling him to shut it or he'll be sued. Why mention closure if you know there's a possibility that you'll be playing a huge gig in a couple months? I'm waiting for the Bill Burr podcast with Steven before I start getting my hopes up about anything. Steven may not be able to talk but that man can't hide his emotions for shit. If he knows a reunion is happening he's not going to be able to hide his excitement when asked about GNR. If he's got the same tone as always I think it'll be safe to say nothings changed.

With Izzy... I don't know about that one. He's been quiet his whole career so his silence could mean nothing or it could mean everything. :lol: The only people from the GNR camp following him on twitter are Del James & Perla Hudson. Wouldn't Fernando or somebody else from GNR at least acknowledge his twitter account if they were back to speaking to him?

I do think it's safe to say the GNR camp isn't going to confirm anything till last minute... if ever. This is a marketing wet dream for them. They're getting all of the hype and advertising from a possible reunion without actually having to do a reunion. And if the fans get pissed they get to turn around and say "Hey, we never advertised a reunion, you guys did." So it's a win/win for them.

Alright... I think that's enough speculating for one post. Long story short, I'm not getting excited till I see all 5 of those assholes in the same building together. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

tumblr_lzyex90mik1qcq3ju.gif

I need to listen to some mellow tunes. This one should do the job: Mark Lanegan – Strange Religion (feat. Izzy Stradlin And Duff McKagan) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Steven mentioned closure again so that makes me think he probably just got a phone call from somebody telling him to shut it or he'll be sued. Why mention closure if you know there's a possibility that you'll be playing a huge gig in a couple months? I'm waiting for the Bill Burr podcast with Steven before I start getting my hopes up about anything. Steven may not be able to talk but that man can't hide his emotions for shit. If he knows a reunion is happening he's not going to be able to hide his excitement when asked about GNR. If he's got the same tone as always I think it'll be safe to say nothings changed.

With Izzy... I don't know about that one. He's been quiet his whole career so his silence could mean nothing or it could mean everything. :lol: The only people from the GNR camp following him on twitter are Del James & Perla Hudson. Wouldn't Fernando or somebody else from GNR at least acknowledge his twitter account if they were back to speaking to him?

I do think it's safe to say the GNR camp isn't going to confirm anything till last minute... if ever. This is a marketing wet dream for them. They're getting all of the hype and advertising from a possible reunion without actually having to do a reunion. And if the fans get pissed they get to turn around and say "Hey, we never advertised a reunion, you guys did." So it's a win/win for them.

Alright... I think that's enough speculating for one post. Long story short, I'm not getting excited till I see all 5 of those assholes in the same building together. :rofl-lol:

Unfortunately I agree with this, if there was a little chance he wouldn't talk about closure :unsure: I won't get my hopes up, no, no, no, not in this lifetime this time! I'm still crossing my fingers though :ph34r:

Oh and Slash at least acknowledges his twitter, he tagged him when he wished him happy birthday last year. Follow him is different, his other half - Axl - could be upset, he can't risk that :P

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It's a fuckin telenovela happening in Needles, with latino Izzy appearing every now and then with the catch-phrase 'Mi pueblo está en Mexico' :smiley-confused2:

14 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Unfortunately I agree with this, if there was a little chance he wouldn't talk about closure :unsure: I won't get my hopes up, no, no, no, not in this lifetime this time! I'm still crossing my fingers though :ph34r:

Oh and Slash at least acknowledges his twitter, he tagged him when he wished him happy birthday last year. Follow him is different, his other half - Axl - could be upset, he can't risk that :P

It's a fuckin telenovela happening in Needles, with latino Izzy appearing every now and then with the catch-phrase 'Mi pueblo está en Mexico' :smiley-confused2:

If Slash wishes Izzy a happy birthday again this year, it will be a good sign (and I'll lose my mind so hopefully Slash will just send him a message or give him a call privately :lol:). Steven's comment "I can't even tell you why I can't tell you" sounded kinda promising... or it's just wishful thinking. Btw, you used to post Steven's instagram stories here, didn't he post anything else?

Now I can't stop thinking about Izzy with those double names guys have in mexican telenovelas such as "Manuel Abelardo" :rofl-lol: Also, can't stop thinking of Axl as The Grinch. There's still hope he'll become nice in the end :P

@Archtop I forgot to answer to your awesome story about Wembley '91 (God, I hate you so much for going :lol:). The Skid Row song that the stupid council had banned was actually called "Get The Fuck Out", that's why you were chanting that. So cool you got to see Izzy singing Dust N' Bones, that must have been beyond epic! The vomiting out of the car part too :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

If Slash wishes Izzy a happy birthday again this year, it will be a good sign (and I'll lose my mind so hopefully Slash will just send him a message or give him a call privately :lol:). Steven's comment "I can't even tell you why I can't tell you" sounded kinda promising... or it's just wishful thinking. Btw, you used to post Steven's instagram stories here, didn't he post anything else?

Now I can't stop thinking about Izzy with those double names guys have in mexican telenovelas such as "Manuel Abelardo" :rofl-lol: Also, can't stop thinking of Axl as The Grinch. There's still hope he'll become nice in the end :P

@Archtop I forgot to answer to your awesome story about Wembley '91 (God, I hate you so much for going :lol:). The Skid Row song that the stupid council had banned was actually called "Get The Fuck Out", that's why you were chanting that. So cool you got to see Izzy singing Dust N' Bones, that must have been beyond epic! The vomiting out of the car part too :rofl-lol:

It doesn't sound promising to me. Think about it, Robin, Pitman, Brain or Bumbelfoot they haven't say a word about anything. Tommy says little. He mostly talks about his personal problems. DJ also says little. They are no longer in band, pretty much zero chance they will return at some point.

I think the issue with Adler is either that he thought he was free to talk and he wasn't, some misunderstanding. Or (Warning! this is not politicaly correct) they decided to pay him to keep his mouth shut.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Btw, you used to post Steven's instagram stories here, didn't he post anything else?

Not that I'm aware of...But he needs to post more insta stories, that smile of his gives me life :wub:

You mean 'Isidoro Estrellita', riding off into the sunset, killing the bad guys and breaking girls little hearts? :P I never lose hope on Axl, so maybe his heart will also grow three times its original size making him give back Christmas to us, somewhere in July :shrugs:  Ned Flanders, on the other hand, you never know with him :max:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1

Do you guys want to discuss Izzy's music more? Like, we could make a thread dedicated to specific record, in which we would rank songs from worst to best or, if you prefer, from awesome to much more awesome.  
For example, first record would be The Ju Ju Hounds one, we would post title of our least favorite track, then sb counts the votes. Then we vote for the next worst song. Finally, we end up with the best track on the album. We could discuss why we chose specific song to be slightly less good than the others. Idk, what do you think, gang? 

I hope I explained myself well enough

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, int8 said:

Do you guys want to discuss Izzy's music more? Like, we could make a thread dedicated to specific record, in which we would rank songs from worst to best or, if you prefer, from awesome to much more awesome.  
For example, first record would be The Ju Ju Hounds one, we would post title of our least favorite track, then sb counts the votes. Then we vote for the next worst song. Finally, we end up with the best track on the album. We could discuss why we chose specific song to be slightly less good than the others. Idk, what do you think, gang? 

I'm absolutely up for it, but in a separate thread? Can't we use this one or you guys think it would be a mess?

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

It doesn't sound promising to me. Think about it, Robin, Pitman, Brain or Bumbelfoot they haven't say a word about anything. Tommy says little. He mostly talks about his personal problems. DJ also says little. They are no longer in band, pretty much zero chance they will return at some point.

I think the issue with Adler is either that he thought he was free to talk and he wasn't, some misunderstanding. Or (Warning! this is not politicaly correct) they decided to pay him to keep his mouth shut.

But those guys never say anything (except for Tommy who must be doing an interview right now saying how he's happy for the guys and how he's friends with them like he does everyday), especially Ron "I can't tell you if I'm still in the band or not" Thal. Steven on the other hand was talking and now he said he can't and he can't even tell why he can't. Something must have happened.

As I said in other thread, I can't rule out those potential reasons you're mentioning but if it was that he couldn't talk and didn't realize, I would be surpised it took the band so long to tell him to shut up. He gave a few interviews in like two weeks. If he's not allowed to talk, I imagine they would have let him know right after the Lafon interview.

8 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Not that I'm aware of...But he needs to post more insta stories, that smile of his gives me life :wub:

You mean 'Isidoro Estrellita', riding off into the sunset, killing the bad guys and breaking girls little hearts? :P I never lose hope on Axl, so maybe his heart will also grow three times its original size making him give back Christmas to us, somewhere in July :shrugs:  Ned Flanders, on the other hand, you never know with him :max:

OMG, that explains so much! I too would be a recluse with that name :rofl-lol: I remain hopeful with Axl as well. Taylor Momsen just played here in Argentina, I should have told her to do with Axl what he did with the Grinch :smiley-confused2: Agreed about Ned, don't know what to expect from him.

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Where's @Jane M.?? 

I miss her sarcasm :cry:

I'm pretty sure I saw her in the main section. She's cheating on us! :bitchfight:

9 minutes ago, int8 said:

Count me in! rock3

6 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I'm pretty sure I saw her in the main section. She's cheating on us! :bitchfight:

Well, sometimes a lady has to venture beyond the Wall to defend Izzy's honor. :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, dgnr said:

You mean 'Isidoro Estrellita', riding off into the sunset, killing the bad guys and breaking girls little hearts? :P 

I'm crying. :rofl-lol: I have a friend that calls him "Izzidoro" all the time. 

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, int8 said:

I'm in but I think we'll have to do it in here. Or get a mods permission before starting the thread.

9 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Where's that quote from? :wub:

Thanks for the links Kris! I'll check them as soon as I have the time!

https://web.archive.org/web/20120501124151/http://www.izzyontour.com/19921002.htm

9 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I'm pretty sure He was worried if People didnt like His solo project or cannot surprass GN'R

I think Ashcroft said that in this other interview that was posted here before. Izzy was frustrated that people kept asking him for GnR songs, etc.

45 minutes ago, int8 said:

Sure, great idea.

I'd also be interested in the bootlegs. Do you wanna post them here or in another thread?

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thank you!!! The site is awesome.

12.04.1992 - Barcelona, Spain, Zeleste II
audience: 660
audio/video recording: audio
set: Bucket O’ Trouble, Cuttin’ The Rug, Jivin' Sister Fanny, Rockin' Daddy, Crackin’ Up, My Fault, Shuffle It All, Somebody Knockin’, Take A Look At The Guy, Train Tracks, Been A Fix, Pressure Drop, Amazing Grace / Highway 49, Instrumental, Pills, Goodnite Tonight
info: After Jivin' Sister Fanny Izzy said "You guys might know this song..." and they played Bo Diddley's Crackin' Up - we all can also know this song from Rolling Stones album Love You Live. Before My Fault Stradlin said "Hey Rick Richard is going to sing one..." and the band started to play a cool version of The Faces' classic with Rick on lead vocals. When Jimmy started to play the bass line of Shuffle It All the crowd started to scream and clap their hands. Then Iz said: "I hear Somebody Knockin'" and they played the opener of their debut album. Like on other shows Izzy didn't talk a lot, just introduced another songs to the crowd, like: "So Ronnie Wood song called Take A Look at the Guy...", "This is called Train Tracks", "This is called Been a Fix". After a great performance of Pressure Drop Izzy screamed: "Thank You Barcelona !! We will back here for sure... we'll see You again". After a short break the band came back to play Little Red Rooster and Amazing Grace like always as an intro for Howlin' Wolf's Highway 49. After that Izzy screamed: "Charlie Quintana!!" and Chalo started to play The Surfaris classic called Wipe Out. Goodnight Tonight closed the set. Great show with an incredible public of 660 spanish fans. 

It is not nice not to keep your promises, Stradlin. :max:

:lol:

12 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I'm absolutely up for it, but in a separate thread? Can't we use this one or you guys think it would be a mess?

12 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I'm in but I think we'll have to do it in here. Or get a mods permission before starting the thread.

Let's say 10 (?) users would participate if we stay in this thread, each'd  have to vote 9 times, that gives 90 post = 4 pages. Plus possible discussion... so 4-6 pages at least. If we go out, probably more people would join us.

We need more opinions :tongue2:

11 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I'd also be interested in the bootlegs. Do you wanna post them here or in another thread?

Cool, I will send you PM tomorrow in the afternoon, I really need to sleep right now :) 

Edited by int8

Great  idea to discuss Izzy albums, you don't have to ask permission to post a new thread, if that's what you want to do, but I think it would be hard to keep this going if we open another Izzy topic. 

I love the way Izzy discussion  seems to have taken over almost all of the main section- Ha ha Karma

• Like 1