Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Normally I'd agree with you and when I started the book I expected him to be angry and bitter throughout the whole thing but he really doesn't come across that way. A few pages after those quotes he says that he was hurt by the whole thing because Slash was his idol in the 80s and he thought Duff was somebody he could count on and trust. He felt betrayed and misled by them. The only person who he seems bitter about is Mary and well, we all know that story so I wont open that can of worms here. :P

Honestly, I don't believe him about Slash being his idol in the 80s, somtimes when he would talk about VR, it was like "I made it for the money", "I didn't even like the music they sent me"... I don't know, if Slash called me to be in a band with him, I'd be there in a second and then I'd see what kind of music he wants to make (and would probably love it :P), I feel he's kinda contradictory. I'm sorry about the Duff thing, though, looks like he was the first of many to be let down by him :lol:

I also don't think he meant he was the poster boy for sobriety and that he was supporting the guys in getting sober. I think he meant when they needed to go to rehab he didn't try to charge them for the shows they missed. He understood they needed treatment and didn't make fuss about it. I'm not 100% sure about Slash but I do know that Duff & Matt went to rehab in the VR days so he could be telling the truth there.

I didn't mean to say he was pretending to be the sober one in the band, what I mean is maybe the others relapsed once and he was supportive but it was the other way around too and probably more than once. They were working with him on Contraband while he was in rehab. So what happened that last time that they didn't support him anymore was likely because they got tired of the same thing happening time and time again, besides being frustrated because of how hard it was getting to work with him (according to Slash, Scott is just not a team player).

I kind of believe him about VR being created out of necessity to a extent. Duff, Slash, Matt and Dave didn't have much going on back then that would've brought in a ton of income and if you watch the making of VR documentary you can see they had big wigs throwing offers at them to put a "supergroup" together. Which was the thing to do at the time. I think VR started off as a money opportunity (or necessity depending on how you want to look at it) and then luckily they had chemistry and it turned into something more. :shrugs:

I don't think those guys needed a ton of income at all to be honest. I mean, it's been 15 years since then and Steven is still living of the money he made/makes with GNR. I think what they wanted, as I said before, was to be big and relevant again without Axl. If the idea was to be a supergroup and have a big name singer, they wouldn't have wasted that much time audiotioning unknown guys. They wasted spent a lot of time trying singers and that even caused a lot of tension between them, they wouldn't have gone through that if they already had the decision to go with another star. And they wouldn't have rejected Corey Taylor after Scott left. Slash was the one who rejected him and went on to do SMKC which is obviosuly not as mainstream as VR+Corey would have been. If anything, it was Scott the one who saw this as a money opportunity IMO (which again, sort of contradicts his "Slash was my idol" comment) but I don't really care anyway, I'm glad he decided to give it a shot because I love him and love what he did with Slash and Harvey. I wouldn't change it for anything.

I haven't finished the book yet, but if you haven't read it you should.

I don't think I could, at least not yet. I try to focus on the music he left and listen to him almost daily but getting into all the things that he went through, I don't think I can handle it as of now. But it if you are interested in Scott, you should also read this interview he did with Esquire. It's from 2005 but they shared it again when he passed away. It's really long and great. http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/news/a40198/scott-weiland-interview/

---------------------------------------------------------

Happy Easter, @Andy14. I love how AFD5 and Sebastian don't age but the employees and the AC/DC guys do :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Hi :ph34r:

Sorry to be highly unoriginal as I'm reposting something I already posted on this forum some time ago. 

Anyway, HAPPY EASTER TO THE IZZY GANG! :max: :max::max: (that's the grumpiest emoji here so I guess it's alright to use it in the name of Izzy :smiley-confused2:)

crYR6x.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

And yeah, if you dig deep in the original women's thread, you might find the explanation, since the positioning of all the guys has its meaning :ph34r:

P.S. See the loot in Izzy's hand? 

? I have never seen this before, I remember having to study this for art history, really clever @Andy14 and so funny. Izzy as Judist?, the bread knife in Peter's (duffs hand) and OMG Slash (if we are to believe Dan Brown)  really clever in this context. Genius I love it.

Edited by Archtop

52 minutes ago, Archtop said:

? I have never seen this before, I remember having to study this for art history, really clever @Andy14 and so funny. Izzy as Judist?, the bread knife in Peter's (duffs hand) and OMG Slash (if we are to believe Dan Brown)  really clever in this context. Genius I love it.

Pure easter Slaxl right there. :lol:

• Like 3

Hi first of all, congrats for Izzy's compliment about this post! i didn't know about this awesome shangri-la where i can talk about him without naming GNR and when i've started reading i couldn't stop laughing about all the research you did about him ( i feel like i'm the FBI trying to know why he couldn't go to Argentina, to explain to all the fans over there  ) so i know how you feel :lol: ... i just wanna be a part of this so i hope i can help with any info that you need guys ;)

Edited by Izzyarg
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

Hi first of all, congrats for Izzy's compliment about this post! i didn't know about this awesome shangri-la where i can talk about him without naming GNR and when i've started reading i couldn't stop laughing about all the research you did about him ( i feel like i'm the FBI trying to know why he couldn't go to Argentina, to explain to all the fans over there  ) so i know how you feel :lol: ... i just wanna be a part of this so i hope i can help with any info that you need guys ;)

Welcome to the No! Gang! Once You post in here,  You become part of the No!  Gang member

I hate the 'No gang' name. He said a word 29 years ago in an interview. I said biscuits in an interview a few years back. And 'gang' is just Scooby Doo. Would mods mind a more serious Izzy thread discussing music, guitars, songs etc and not so much 'hotness'. Leaves a music fan feeling uncomfortable. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Sorry for the double post but Joey Huffman posted this update today:

We tend to take you on a voyage from preproduction to mixing showing it all on video. First segment comes Monday or Tuesday. investors of a hundred dollars or more can come to the studio for a day and experience first hand what the process is like. I want my investors to comment and be virtual producers. I will post songs in various stages of complement. Expect the first video Monday or Tuesday when we start tracking. Please invest in a fun and good cause.

https://www.gofundme.com/Joey-Huffman-solo-project?viewupdates=1&rcid=8a2abfa44e6748afab381cf23f32fa5b&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

I'm excited to see the videos. Even if Izzy isn't in them it will still be cool to see the whole process. :)

• Like 2

@Izzymacbeth maybe this is more your territory: 

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/12-nice-boys-dont-play-rock-n-roll/

That forum is all about musician talk. Just a suggestion, not trying to tell you what to do or where to go. If something in this thread is annoying to you just ignore it.

That said, I hope you keep posting here. :)

• Like 1

I agree with @Archtop's post. I look at the women's thread as the Axl & Slash discussion/picture thread and this thread as the Izzy discussion/picture thread with a little Steven & Duff thrown in.

For some reason or another there seems to be a lot of quick judgements made about this thread, @Frey even made a similar post in the Women's thread yesterday. :wacko: We're a very sarcastic and sometimes silly bunch in here. But the thread title, the memes, the gifs... all of that stuff is just for a laugh. It's not to be taken literally. So I'm not sure why some are so offended?

If anybody wants to discuss something all they have to do is post about it. @Archtop@BorderlineCrazy@Darkenchantress@dgnr@MillionsOfSpiders@beautifulanddamned@Tori72@marlingrl03 @Jane M. (Forgive me if I missed anyone. I'm old & senile. :P) or myself will usually respond pretty quickly. :) 

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

For some reason or another there seems to be a lot of quick judgements made about this thread, @Frey even made a similar post in the Women's thread yesterday. :wacko:

That's because most of the times we go overboard with the Steven/Izzy issue. :shrugs:

19 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

That's because most of the times we go overboard with the Steven/Izzy issue. :shrugs:

I'm sure I'm guilty of that in some threads. I just hate when I see the same fake info posted over and over to put Izzy down when it can be so easily proven wrong with a quick google search.

Whats bothering me is the 'marraige' 'hotness' etc. It's creepy as fuck. I could undertstand it if it was 1991 and these fans were teenagers but from (and strictly from) my p.o.v its creeping me out. I'm sure Izzy would feel the same given what we know about him. 

As someone who plays because of Izzy it would be cool to have a thread without the teenage stuff discussing why most of us (I assume) are here, i.e his guitar work, meanings of songs, performances, guitars, Amps etc. Normal shit you would find on any other guitar Hero forum.

Edit: I refuse to go to Nice Biys to discuss Izzy, its bad enough IMO he's been relegated to The Jungle. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth
  • Like 3

Just now, Izzymacbeth said:

Whats bothering me is the 'marraige' 'hotness' etc. It's creepy as fuck. I could undertstand it if it was 1991 and these fans were teenagers but from (and strictly from) my p.o.v its creeping me out. I'm sure Izzy would feel the same given what we know about him. 

As someone who plays because of Izzy it would be cool to have a thread without the teenage stuff discussing why most of us (I assume) are here, i.e his guitar work, meanings of songs, performances, guitars, Amps etc. Normal shit you would find on any other guitar Hero forum.

One more time for those in the back, that stuff is a joke. :facepalm: I would hope that Izzy has enough of a sense of humor to know that. I'm sorry you don't.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

One more time for those in the back, that stuff is a joke. :facepalm: I would hope that Izzy has enough of a sense of humor to know that. I'm sorry you don't.

I DO have a sense of humour (when somethings actually funny). I'm not saying don't have the teenage drooling over a guy if thats your thing. What I would like is a serious thread discussing gear, music and writing on the worlds best and most popular Guns N' Roses forum. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth
  • Like 1