Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

I have posted two positive comments recently in the D&N section but they got lost in the negative shit-talking pile...I tried. And I will keep trying because all the negativeness is just :facepalm: 

I know. I also posted there today, there's a nice and positive thread about Axl's best moments that I hope doesn't turn into shit. <_<

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

ZLiw4E9.jpg

:rofl-lol:

Thats cute!

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I love Axl, too. I'm concerned about him and would like to find out what prevented him from being his former creative, forward and captivating self.

Its either lost interest or He still stuck inthe past

• Like 1

On 15.4.2017 at 8:32 PM, Kris_1989 said:

For some reason or another there seems to be a lot of quick judgements made about this thread, @Frey even made a similar post in the Women's thread yesterday. :wacko: We're a very sarcastic and sometimes silly bunch in here. But the thread title, the memes, the gifs... all of that stuff is just for a laugh. It's not to be taken literally. So I'm not sure why some are so offended?

15 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

This is a great post, I agree with many things.

I find all the exaggerations to be annoying, I would never agree with those who say "Axl would be nothing without Izzy" or stuff like that. A problem I see is that if someone who is on Izzy's side makes an exaggerated comment, then people who are on "other side" seem to take it like every Izzy fan thinks that way when it's not like that.

I don't even really remember anymore what exactly I said in the other thread, but I want to say that I don't think of all of Izzy's fans as being the same. With the two of you for example, I'm well aware you're quite reasonable and fair for the most part. When I notice your posts in D&N (or elsewhere), they're usually quite level-headed and not the ones that will make me roll my eyes.

But there are other people (among them some who post in this thread) who are... the opposite of that. Who will like every negative post about Axl, Slash or the "Big 3" in general, even the really trollish, dumb or exaggerated stuff. It's gotten to the point where I already know who will have liked certain dumb posts before I even look.

And yet these same people will often turn around claiming how much they love all of the band members. I say the same thing (well, with the exception of Steven maybe), but I don't go around writing or liking "Izzy is worthless/unreliable/etc." type of posts. Or other Izzy-centric equivalents of all these dumb "Axl would be nothing without Izzy", "CD is a steaming pile of shit", "Slash is a whore for the money",  "It's Axl's fault the band broke up/his ego drove everyone away", "Duff is a spineless traitor", etc. posts. So... :shrugs:

But whatever, this is just some message board on the internet and it's dumb to argue about this stuff. Please carry on appreciating Mr. Stradlin's hotness or something.

17 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The vibe I get though is that after Izzy's tweet and especially Steven's interviews, the general and prevailing mood in the forum is that the reunion is a cash grab by "the big 3" (even NuGuns and CD fans say it).

15 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Also agree with you that the idea that the reunion is a cash grab doesn't come from the Stizzy Stradler fans but from around 80% of the forum. And although it's true that the lack of two of the original members may have an influence in this idea, I think it's clear that the biggest reasons why people see it this way is because of the lack of new music (and apparent lack of intention to release any) and because of the lack of interaction people perceive between Sluff and Axl off stage. It they release an album, the cash grab idea will mostly disappear, regardless of how happy we are with the current lineup.

I agree, @Blackstar.

But when I said basically the same thing in the other thread recently, you argued against it, Mr. @BorderlineCrazy, but now in the safety of the Izzy thread I see you admit it yourself  :awesomeface:

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I have an overview of all the discussions, although for a while now I read the D&N section sporadically, because I'm fed up with the same shit (that I described in my previous post) all over again. There are threads and discussions about Axl that are not related to CD though.

I don't consider CD a GnR album and I'm not a particular fan of it either (I didn't even follow Axl with NuGuns except basic stuff, i.e. getting the album and going to a show the one time he came here), but I don't think it's shitty. Tbh I feel similarly about all the guys' solo work/side projects; I'm not excited with any of it, including VR. I prefer Izzy's stuff more than Slash's because, although not "great" (imo), it's the kind that it's simple and pleasurable to hear. But what I like is the classic GnR.

I was distanced from the "GnR world" for many years, and this is why (one of the reasons) I want to believe that I can be objective without trying hard for it, as people that have been more "attached". For example, I believe that a big part of what happened with the band was Axl's fault; but it wasn't all his fault nor all the wrong was/is on his side (all this regardless of the whole discussion and the interest about him that isn't directly related to the music).

As for the current situation, I want to see the AFD too, but I'm not as disappointed as others, I guess because I didn't expect much from these guys; I didn't expect them to be original, a "gang" and do things "for the fans and the sake of music";  and I don't think that the circumstances of that era can be reproduced regardless of who is in the band now. Like Adler said, "it is what it is", a reunion (half reunion in this case) of a classic band like many other reunions, and this is how I see it, as it is (this doesn't mean though, imo, that the Axl-Slash reunion after so many years is totally unemotional).

I'm in the same boat. Been gone for years and not really been paying attention to the band until the "reunion" last year. And by now also too fed up with all the repetitive shit in D&N to spend much time there anymore. Very much agreed on the last paragraph too. Never had high hopes to begin with, so not really feeling any disappointment, and yeah, the magic probably can't be reproduced anyway.

I also feel the same way about their music. I hate when people talk about CD as if it's the worst piece of shit ever. Because it's simply not true. There's some great stuff on there and some not so great stuff, same as with most albums. I also hate when people talk shit about Izzy's solo work. Some of it I don't like or find boring, but there are some real gems in there and some tunes I never get tired of.

(I'll admit I'm more partial to Izzy's and Axl's solo efforts than I am to Slash's or Duff's stuff, but ultimately none of them can measure up on their own to what they created together. And I think it's pointless and unncessary to put any of the guys' solo work down when it's all just one piece of the whole, one ingredient that when combined with the other ingredients made GNR what it was.)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frey said:

I don't even really remember anymore what exactly I said in the other thread, but I want to say that I don't think of all of Izzy's fans as being the same. With the two of you for example, I'm well aware you're quite reasonable and fair for the most part. When I notice your posts in D&N (or elsewhere), they're usually quite level-headed and not the ones that will make me roll my eyes.

But there are other people (among them some who post in this thread) who are... the opposite of that. Who will like every negative post about Axl, Slash or the "Big 3" in general, even the really trollish, dumb or exaggerated stuff. It's gotten to the point where I already know who will have liked certain dumb posts before I even look.

And yet these same people will often turn around claiming how much they love all of the band members. I say the same thing (well, with the exception of Steven maybe), but I don't go around writing or liking "Izzy is worthless/unreliable/etc." type of posts. Or other Izzy-centric equivalents of all these dumb "Axl would be nothing without Izzy", "CD is a steaming pile of shit", "Slash is a whore for the money",  "It's Axl's fault the band broke up/his ego drove everyone away", "Duff is a spineless traitor", etc. posts. So... :shrugs:

But whatever, this is just some message board on the internet and it's dumb to argue about this stuff. Please carry on appreciating Mr. Stradlin's hotness or something.

I agree, @Blackstar.

But when I said basically the same thing in the other thread recently, you argued against it, Mr. @BorderlineCrazy, but now in the safety of the Izzy thread I see you admit it yourself  :awesomeface:

I'm in the same boat. Been gone for years and not really paying attention the band until the "reunion" last year. And by now also too fed up with all the repetitive shit in D&N to spend much time there anymore. Very much agreed on the last paragraph too. Never had high hopes to begin with, so not really feeling any disappointment, and yeah, the magic probably can't be reproduced anyway.

I also feel the same way about their music. I hate when people talk about CD as if it's the worst piece of shit ever. Because it's simply not true. There's some great stuff on there and some not so great stuff, same as with most albums. I also hate when people talk shit about Izzy's solo work. Some of it I don't like or find boring, but there are some real gems in there and some tunes I never get tired of.

(I'll admit I'm more partial to Izzy's and Axl's solo efforts than I am to Slash's or Duff's stuff, but ultimately none of them can measure up on their own to what they created together. And I think it's pointless and unncessary to put any of the guys' solo work down when it's all just one piece of the whole, one ingredient that when combined with the other ingredients made GNR what it was.)

The only thing I don't like about the reunion is the fact that I can't see Izzy in a stage... afterwards I think things are as they are, and it is best to let it flow. I saw the show in Argentina and when Adler played it was a huge difference, Axl is singing better, Slash and Duff are good as always, and missed Izzy the whole show... but I think if he had joined the others, it would have been for us because I don't see him very comfortable playing with them despite his friendship, so I prefer that he is happy and peaceful doing what he likes. Any other negative commentary i think comes from blind fanaticism.  

• Like 1

I love Izzy's songwriting. I love Slash's guitar. I loved Axl's singing. I love Duffs bass. I love Steven's drumming. Like @Frey I too came back with the reunion. I'm not 100% happy with the line-up now and definitely want Izzy back but i'm doing the London shows and if they are shit at least I gave them a chance. I've got the best memories from 91,92 and 93 to see me into my old age. 

Love the good vibes we have in this thread :heart:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I love Izzy's songwriting. I love Slash's guitar. I loved Axl's singing. I love Duffs bass. I love Steven's drumming. Like @Frey I too came back with the reunion. I'm not 100% happy with the line-up now and definitely want Izzy back but i'm doing the London shows and if they are shit at least I gave them a chance. I've got the best memories from 91,92 and 93 to see me into my old age. 

you won't regret, but it's a show to see once in a lifetime ;) 

Edited by Izzyarg
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

you won't regret, but it's a show to see once in a lifetime ;) 

Nah...they aren't shit...of course you saw the best of the best but when I saw them in San Francisco I had an amazing time and everyone was on their feet during the entire almost 3 hour show! Those guys gave it their all and rocked it out! :headbang:You will have a great time!!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I just want to make clear to everyone that the gif regarding the women's thread was not a slight on anybody, in fact i later responded to @marlingrl03 that it was in response to a discussion taking place at the time that I found a little crazy.

Since I am aware that almost every person in here also posts in the women's thread, I assumed the joke would be understood. @killuridols I took your response above to be a joke back hence the Kiss emoji back, but I realise you might have misinterpreted my intentions and be having a dig. In this case my emoji would appear somewhat rude. 

No offensive was ever ment on my part, and since the two threads seem to be buffing up agaisnt each other in some recent posts, I feel the need to make this clear. 

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I thought we were all just joking around? Sorry if anyone thought I was serious... ?

Umm... I think we are basically ALL joking.... but you know how jokes hide a little truth behind, right?

I didn't take @Archtop's animated gif like a dig at us, I mean, not so serious like that. But then I continued reading the last three pages of this thread and Oh, Surprise! similar drama to WT's ensued and for somewhat similar reasons...:laugh: So I found it hilarious and a bit of ironic that right after that comment some little shit popped up. 

Kinda like.... don't throw stones if you live in glass houses.... because all discussions get heated here and there, we are all different people, different backgrounds, different countries, ages, experiences... It's inevitable that at some point we are all gonna clash but that's what a forum is like. No biggie, really :devilshades:

Go back to your worshipping Izzy tasks :lol:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Frey said:

I don't know who you're refering to but I believe/hope these things will happen a lot less as time goes by. Hearing about Steven's back injury and how his involvement was gonna be bigger and how Izzy wants to be part of the reunion definitely generated negative feelings (disappointment, anger, frustration, etc) in a lot of people (myself included) and that must have caused a lot of over the top comments and stuff like that. I don't think things will stay this way, at least I hope they won't.

6 hours ago, Frey said:

Please carry on appreciating Mr. Stradlin's hotness

I will! :wub:

:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Frey said:

I agree, @Blackstar.

All our last posts were so long that I'm not even sure what you're refering to. I assume you might be linking the "people see the reunion as a cash grab" with the "right now it's cool to talk shit about the "big three". If that's what you mean, then I think these are different things. Seeing the reunion as a cash grab is just an opinion IMO (and I'd say a valid one as of now. Hopefully we'll find out it's wrong, though), I've seen people say things like "I know this is a cash grab but I couldn't care less, this is my favorite band..." so some people don't even seem to consider that a bad thing. I do know some people have talked shit about them, though (and I'm sure I've done my fair share), I just don't think everyone's talking shit about them non-stop and complimenting Steven and Izzy all the time. I think there have been lots of positive and negative comments about each of these guys.

7 hours ago, Frey said:

If it makes you feel better, there are people who talk shit about both :P

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I promise you won't regret it! I saw them three times last year and I'm already counting the days to see them again. I might not be able to eat for months because of how expensive the tickets are, though.

6 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Since the lack of news is the general topic of this thread, I hope you guys don't mind me posting this article I just found. It really says nothing new, but it's just a nice summary of the reasons that made this band "one in a million". ^_^

http://www.antiheromagazine.com/sound-matters-one-in-a-million/

That's an awesome article, thanks for sharing!! I love it when people acknowledge how awesome and special the original band was :heart:

46 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Good because I may have just started a war. :lol::smiley-confused2:

What have you done now? :lol:

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Umm... I think we basically are ALL joking.... but you know how jokes hide a little truth behind, right?

I didn't take @Archtop's animated gif like a dig at us, I mean, not so serious like that. But then I continued reading the last three pages of this thread and Oh, Surprise! similar drama to WT's ensued and for somewhat similar reasons...:laugh: So I found it hilarious and a bit of ironic that right after that comment some little shit popped up. 

Kinda like.... don't throw stones if you live in glass houses.... because all discussions get heated here and there, we are all different people, different backgrounds, different countries, ages, experiences... It's inevitable that at some point we are all gonna clash but that's what a forum is like. No biggie, really :devilshades:

Go back to your worshipping Izzy tasks :lol:

Hey, don't come to fight in here!! This is the peace&love thread. We're all hippies like our lord :rofl-lol:

Now seriously, there's always gonna be someone unhappy about something, that's life. As you said, no biggie :)

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

What have you done now? :lol:

I may have gotten bored and started photoshopping Axl pictures to post in the Women's thread.

Wont happen again, sorry. :ph34r:

giphy.gif

There also may or may not be a Izzy pic in there to. :smiley-confused2:

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Well, I'm all for peace and love... like this picture  :heart::heart::heart:  Happy Easter (and peace & love) to everyone at this forum!    

Welcome! It was about time that you'd join us, I might have seen some likes here and there. :lol::ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I may have gotten bored and started photoshopping Axl pictures to post in the Women's thread.

Wont happen again, sorry. :ph34r:

giphy.gif

There also may or may not be a Izzy pic in there to. :smiley-confused2:

:rofl-lol: