Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How do we know there is an "anniversary tour"?

All of these are made up fantasies. Not even a rumour.

We don't know if they are going to celebrate the AFD anniversary and whatever dates come after that could still be part of the NITL tour.

Let's do not spread incorrect information because people believe it and go crazy.

4 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I'm holding out for nothing spectacular, we might get an acknowledgment on 30 years in some capacity, but it will most likely be current line up with Stizzy guesting. As much as my heart would like this to happen, my head kind of goes; no way that's appalling. I'm not sure theres anything really indicating Izzy will participate, other than wishful thinking.

As for GnR/Who combo, sorry but I find that really weird, not a great fan of the Who, is it me or they kind of dated. They don't have the status of the Stones or the appeal of a live act such as AC/DC. My opinon is based  on the fact that The Who  are not on my radar at all, it just seems a slightly desperate bid on both bands to fill stadiums. I an not convinced GnR could sell out for a third time in two years and does The Who have that kind of fan base? Enlighten me someone.

This will happen only in Argentina. When they came last year promoters said that Adler was going to be in Buenos Aires dates, so if they are negotiating with The Who i believe them.. about the appearance of Izzy, this "Del James thing"  is only something i've noticed, but i'm not saying is going to happen, actually i won't believe it until i see him here :wacko:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

This will happen only in Argentina. When they came last year promoters said that Adler was going to be in Buenos Aires dates, so if they are negotiating with The Who i believe them.. about the appearance of Izzy, this "Del James thing"  is only something i've noticed, but i'm not saying is going to happen, actually i won't believe it until i see him here :wacko:

What is that will only happen in Argentina?

Please, we are not the center of the universe! :lol:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What is that will only happen in Argentina?

Please, we are not the center of the universe! :lol:

The Who & GNR tour, i'm not saying that either... actually i think they will do the same in Brazil and Chile but i mean this is only for South America for now... i think is a weird mix too but people here love rock so much that they won't mind, they know people here love that kind of stuff.

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

OK since we are talking guitars, I'm intrigued with this photo , please tell what the red clips on the guitar  headstock (is that correct term) are, and what do they do, not sure if I have seen this before. I like the sound of the guitar in the second photo, do you know what his playing ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I wonder if he still plays the drums? 

The Red clip on the headstock of the black ES-135 is a Guitar tuner. 

I agree though, this GNR & The Who is a weird pairing. Id think is because of the Who probably not having that large a fanbase in SA. GNR helps them to play in Large venues worthy of their legacy.  

As far as any AFD 5 shows. Im not holding my breath.. Id rather be surprised than disapointed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jane M. said:

He didn't say anything, he just liked one random tweet. 

Yeah, and to be honest, I don't think it means anything. :shrugs:

@Archtop I think Izzy's guitar on "Stuck in the middle with you" video is an acoustic Gibson J-200 vintage sunburst. Another beauty. :heart:

61hBSDiEBJL._SL1202_.jpg

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

KqJnjci.gif

LMAO! 

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ha! Is that the little recording machine Izzy loved so much that he is clinging onto? How frigging adorable is that? 

Yeah, I think that's the one where he was playing "Stupid girl" very loudly right before throwing Duff's bottle of vodka against a wall. :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

KqJnjci.gif

Lol!!:lol:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I didn't even know they are still together but in Latinamerica, I don't think they have such a big fanbase for them to play stadiums.

The combination is odd indeed and one I will have to shove down my throat if it happens and I want to see GN'R again......

Perfect combo would have been Aerosmith/GN'R.

If they come again to Argentina and all the neighbor countries, I'm sure they will sell out but they don't need The Who for that.

And if the ticket prices are much more expensive because of The Who, I will have to think about it twice.

I prefer a combo with Aerosmith too .. it would be epic ... in Rock in Rio dates are: GNR with The Who and Aerosmith with Def Leppard .. i guess it is a marketing strategy to buy both dates but  out of a Festival , does not have any sense. :question: fotonoticia_20170308112009_640.jpg

22 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

Lol!!:lol:

I prefer a combo with Aerosmith too .. it would be epic ... in Rock in Rio dates are: GNR with The Who and Aerosmith with Def Leppard .. i guess it is a marketing strategy to buy both dates but  out of a Festival , does not have any sense. :question: fotonoticia_20170308112009_640.jpg

Maybe Aerosmith are taking a stance ? "We refuse  to share a stage with GnR until Izzy gets a fair share of the loot!" ? Didn't Izzy once say in interview that he regularly spoke to Steven on the phone, whilst he was getting sober?So they are friends.  I think Aerosmith  should invite Izzy to guest in their set at RIR for a laugh. Go on Izzy play dirty!! ? this would really appeal to my sense of humour, unfortunately for me I think Izzy is too decent a guy to cause shit.

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

Yeah, and to be honest, I don't think it means anything. :shrugs:

@Archtop I think Izzy's guitar on "Stuck in the middle with you" video is an acoustic Gibson J-200 vintage sunburst. Another beauty. :heart:

61hBSDiEBJL._SL1202_.jpg

LMAO! 

Yeah, I think that's the one where he was playing "Stupid girl" very loudly right before throwing Duff's bottle of vodka against a wall. :lol:

510537292.jpg?w=594&h=360&crop=1

Just sayin' ;)... haha ... wait, seriously, Izzy has an excellent taste in guitars, I hope he still have this Hummingbird is gorgeous Image result for izzy stradlin with acoustic guitar 

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Maybe Aerosmith are taking a stance ? "We refuse  to share a stage with GnR until Izzy gets a fair share of the loot!" ? Didn't Izzy once say in interview that he regularly spoke to Steven on the phone, whilst he was getting sober?So they are friends.  I think Aerosmith  should invite Izzy to guest in their set at RIR for a laugh. Go on Izzy play dirty!! ? this would really appeal to my sense of humour, unfortunately for me I think Izzy is too decent a guy to cause shit.

image.jpg

Co-sign! LOL:rofl-lol:

@NicDwolfwood again in the photo with Aerosmith, Izzy has weird clips on his guitar.  So you said they are used for tuning, I don't think I have ever noticed a guitar player do this before, not whilst performing. Is it normal ?

Edited by Archtop

5 minutes ago, Archtop said:

image.jpg

Totally! i love that video, Izzy is so comfortable in that one, and so happy... Steven is the sweetest guy in the world i met him last year and he adopt me, he's my uncle now :lol: he's so funny and humble with his fans. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Izzyarg said:

Totally! i love that video, Izzy is so comfortable in that one, and so happy... Steven is the sweetest guy in the world i met him last year and he adopt me, he's my uncle now :lol: he's so funny and humble with his fans. 

So as a family member you can ask him to invite Izzy to RIR. that's settled then, how much are tickets? ?

1 minute ago, Archtop said:

So as a family member you can ask him to invite Izzy to RIR. that's settled then, how much are tickets? ?

Of course! this one is on the house guys! Uncle Steven invites :lol: ... btw can i envy all that people who saw Iz in 2012? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Archtop said:

@NicDwolfwood again in the photo with Aerosmith, Izzy has weird clips on his guitar again. So you said they are used for tuning, I don't think I have ever noticed a guitar player do this before, not whilst performing. Is it normal ?

Yeah, its a Snark tuner. very convenient little things. basically you clip them on the headstock of the guitar and it measures the vibration of the strings in order for the player to tune up to standard pitch. 

Ive seen it here and there. most of the time though, Guitarists have a tuner in the form of a pedal. 

This is the Snark tuner. Image result for snark tuners

same as the red one in the previous photo as well as the black one in the Aerosmith picture. Izzy probably uses them because they cheap, portable and easy to use. its better than carrying around a pedal. 

Edited by NicDwolfwood
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Archtop said:

@NicDwolfwood again in the photo with Aerosmith, Izzy has weird clips on his guitar again. So you said they are used for tuning, I don't think I have ever noticed a guitar player do this before, not whilst performing. Is it normal ?

Pretty normal as Nic said! It's easier than the pedal, the phone app, or your ear if the place is too noisy cause it detects the vibrations of your guitar. I do have a headstock tuner but i usually use an app in my cell phone, but of course, my living room is not as noisy as an Aerosmith show.  :lol:

You're gonna end up being a pro at guitar knowledge, you'll see hahha.

• Like 1

It ain't easy, livin' like ya want to
With Izzy Stradlin always on ya' mind, yes it is
The way I see it, you've got to say shit
But don't forget GnR left him behind.:smiley-confused2:

:rofl-lol: Sorry, just amusing myself.

8 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Pretty normal as Nic said! It's easier than the pedal, the phone app, or your ear if the place is too noisy cause it detects the vibrations of your guitar. I do have a headstock tuner but i usually use an app in my cell phone, but of course, my living room is not as noisy as an Aerosmith show.  :lol:

You're gonna end up being a pro at guitar knowledge, you'll see hahha.

Wow , I can get a phone app, I have a acoustic guitar thats been stuck in my loft for years.  I'll have to drag it out, I always wondered about tuning.