Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

26 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Absolutely love this song

My nephew that is 2 years old loves to sit on my lap and fall aleep with this song. And it has to be this specific one from this show :lol: He' s like the biggest Izzy fan in the world and I had nothing to do with it *cough* well, maybe a little.*cough*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, downliner said:

I like so many posts in this topic. Maybe we should discuss why Izzy is relegated to this bullshit section of the forum which no-one reads? ^_^ When he was in the main section he got more traction than the GNR reunion topic :lol:

THIS. There's a lot of jealousy and trolls in the main GNR section when it comes to Izzy and sometimes I prefer it this way because I don't have to read a lot of bullshit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

THIS. There's a lot of jealousy and trolls in the main GNR section when it comes to Izzy and sometimes I prefer it this way because I don't have to read a lot of bullshit.

Same. I don't get why any supposed GnR fan can complain about Izzy related stuff being in the main section. He formed the band, for fucks sake. He is actually the only original member of the band that is making new music. I don't get the complaints, really. When I tried to reason I was told i was biased. Yeah, whatever, so are they, so I'm pretty comfortable in this section :wub:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well even if Axl fired Richard, Is Izzy willingly to do a full tour with Them or He will disappear like usual after couple of shows? Obviously They wont take tht risk just for Izzy

I never understand why he has the reputation of hating touring. The Ju Ju Hounds toured pretty extensively in '92 & '93 and they only missed a few gigs when Izzy was in the hospital. If he was a flake I don't think he would've made it through that tour.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I never understand why he has the reputation of hating touring. The Ju Ju Hounds toured pretty extensively in '92 & '93 and they only missed a few gigs when Izzy was in the hospital. If he was a flake I don't think he would've made it through that tour.

Isnt He dont like big Tour like in stadium or things like tht? Also wht I read from  Slash book N' His Friends in JuJu Hounds, He sometimes disappear N' doing things half assed *Thts wht I learn from this forum:smiley-confused2:

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

Isnt He dont like Tour in stadium or things like tht? Also wht I read from  Slash book N' His Friends in JuJu Hounds, He sometimes disappear 

I know in this interview he said he doesn't have an issue with touring:

and they did over 100 dates in those two years so I don't know why the other guys said that. :shrugs:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I know in this interview he said he doesn't have an issue with touring:

and they did over 100 dates in those two years so I don't know why the other guys said that. :shrugs:

Well He didnt have issue with touring but what tour? Club touring or big tour like UYI N' NITL? 

I think He said Himself tht He prefer club touring *Or am I wrong?:ph34r:

Edited by SerenityScorp

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well He didnt have issue with touring but what tour? Club touring or big tour like UYI N' NITL? 

True. I think Slash said in his book that Izzy suggested doing a club tour with Velvet Revolver but then ducked out when they decided to get a singer and do something bigger. So I guess he could have an issue with big stadiums.

..or just singers. :smiley-confused2:

Edited by Kris_1989

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

True. I think Slash said in his book that Izzy suggested doing a club tour with Velvet Revolver but then ducked out when they decided to get a singer and do something bigger. So I guess he could have an issue with big stadiums.

..or just singers. :smiley-confused2:

Soooo I guess if He joins Them to play, it probably as a guest like Adler N' only playing 14 N' Bones

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

Same. I don't get why any supposed GnR fan can complain about Izzy related stuff being in the main section. He formed the band, for fucks sake. He is actually the only original member of the band that is making new music. I don't get the complaints, really. When I tried to reason I was told i was biased. Yeah, whatever, so are they, so I'm pretty comfortable in this section :wub:

I like Izzy and I don't care where this thread is, but how exactly did he form the band?

He was the 5th member that joined the original lineup.

• Axl - Tracii Guns
  • Ole Beich - Rob Gardner
  • Izzy
  • Axl names the band Guns N' Roses
  • Beich -> Duff
  • Tracii -> Slash (Axl asked him to join them)
  • Gardner -> Adler

Izzy even had left as soon as Slash joined their band for the first time.

I love love love Come On Now Inside!  

Izzy said in that interview that he didn't have a problem with touring and I think that's the truth. Even during the Illusions tour, in horrible circumstances, he seemed to find a way to make touring palatable to him by isolating himself on his bus and in his own hotel and practising his hobbies during free time.  I remember Izzy saying a few times way back in the Chopaway days that he was looking for ways to tour with his solo material.  I don't think he minds touring but I don't think he wants to pay for it, understandably. Jimmy Ashhurst said once in an interview that Izzy was paying for part of the Ju Ju Hounds tour out of his own pocket.  But if you don't want to deal with management then your resources are limited.

I get the feeling that it's not so much the act of touring (although the regimentation of a big tour might be kind of hard for him after all these years) but dealing with the business aspects of it all. You never hear people around Izzy say that he hates to tour but you do hear them say that he hates the business side of music. I wonder what kind of management Izzy even has? The easiest way to get your Twitter verified as a famous person is to have your management do it. They have contacts that can get shit done quickly.  Slash, Duff and Axl have managers, publicists, and lawyers both indidvidually and together that they deal with constantly. I wonder what negotiations were like? Did Izzy go in and represent hmself during negotiations? Because that would have been uncomfortable as fuck and would have led to some bad feelings.  Management acts as a buffer in those situations.  Did Izzy sit down and have to hear GNR management say to his face that he wasn't reliable and didn't mean anything financially to the band? That they already had Cheap Fortus? That he wasn't worth as much as even Duff? Because that would have been one hell of a punch in the gut and the kind of thing that would lead to the Avocado Incident and covers of Stuck in the Middle and Sunshine and Twitter posting about GNR imposters. 

Anyway, more Izzy! Izzy on everything! Izzy anyway we can get him!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

I like Izzy and I don't care where this thread is, but how exactly did he form the band?

He was the 5th member that joined the original lineup.

• Axl - Tracii Guns
  • Ole Beich - Rob Gardner
  • Izzy
  • Axl names the band Guns N' Roses
  • Beich -> Duff
  • Tracii -> Slash (Axl asked him to join them)
  • Gardner -> Adler

Izzy even had left as soon as Slash joined their band for the first time.

Seriously, does it really matter in which order the very original members joined the band? Izzy was in GnR from the beginning, he helped to form the band, that was obviously what I was trying to say, not that he formed the band by himself. His role in AFD is out of discussion, his rhythm playing is as unique as Axl's voice or Slash's solos, his songwriting skills are outstanding... all of that forms the band, it's not only about joining the band. Duff McKagan has said that without Izzy GnR would have never existed and I think he knows about it a little bit more than us. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I love love love Come On Now Inside!  

Izzy said in that interview that he didn't have a problem with touring and I think that's the truth. Even during the Illusions tour, in horrible circumstances, he seemed to find a way to make touring palatable to him by isolating himself on his bus and in his own hotel and practising his hobbies during free time.  I remember Izzy saying a few times way back in the Chopaway days that he was looking for ways to tour with his solo material.  I don't think he minds touring but I don't think he wants to pay for it, understandably. Jimmy Ashhurst said once in an interview that Izzy was paying for part of the Ju Ju Hounds tour out of his own pocket.  But if you don't want to deal with management then your resources are limited.

I get the feeling that it's not so much the act of touring (although the regimentation of a big tour might be kind of hard for him after all these years) but dealing with the business aspects of it all. You never hear people around Izzy say that he hates to tour but you do hear them say that he hates the business side of music. I wonder what kind of management Izzy even has? The easiest way to get your Twitter verified as a famous person is to have your management do it. They have contacts that can get shit done quickly.  Slash, Duff and Axl have managers, publicists, and lawyers both indidvidually and together that they deal with constantly. I wonder what negotiations were like? Did Izzy go in and represent hmself during negotiations? Because that would have been uncomfortable as fuck and would have led to some bad feelings.  Management acts as a buffer in those situations.  Did Izzy sit down and have to hear GNR management say to his face that he wasn't reliable and didn't mean anything financially to the band? That they already had Cheap Fortus? That he wasn't worth as much as even Duff? Because that would have been one hell of a punch in the gut and the kind of thing that would lead to the Avocado Incident and covers of Stuck in the Middle and Sunshine and Twitter posting about GNR imposters. 

Anyway, more Izzy! Izzy on everything! Izzy anyway we can get him!

I don't think he has management that I'm aware of and hasn't for quite awhile. Wasn't that the reason why he had Duff release the statement regarding the RNRHOF? Even that picture he posted on twitter of him in the suit was an old pic so some people may still be doubting the twitter account authenticity. I think us as fans know it's him, especially with his phone call to Downliner, but I can also see how it's not enough proof for a twitter verification.

I also 100% agree with him not liking the business side of things. I think he even said once that's why he didn't participate in the big music videos because he saw them as a waste of money. Whenever I think about the NITL negotiations I cant help but feel sorry for the guy. Unless Slash, Duff, or Axl backed him up he was pretty much screwed from the get go. I think the only reason why Steven is making appearances is because he doesn't care if they are only going to let him play one or two songs and would probably do it for free regardless.

But on the other hand, there were those rumors that Duff said that Izzy was trying to get back into the partnership and that's why he wasn't offered a spot on NITL. So maybe Izzy really was just asking for too much for a guest spot? Either way unless one of those 4 starts talking we are all just kind of stuck speculating. We know it has something to do with money just not to what extent.

Edited by Kris_1989

The other thing that makes this all so bewildering is just looking at it from the plebian side of things. How much money does one possibly need? They were all rich before this, they will be wildly rich after this, no matter how the money was split.  Rich. Never have to work again rich. Kids wont have to work rich. Rich Rich Rich.  I realize thats why we aren't hearing about it- it doesn't make any of them look good and they know it- but it's just frustrating as fuck. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Seriously, does it really matter in which order the very original members joined the band? Izzy was in GnR from the beginning, he helped to form the band, that was obviously what I was trying to say, not that he formed the band by himself. His role in AFD is out of discussion, his rhythm playing is as unique as Axl's voice or Slash's solos, his songwriting skills are outstanding... all of that forms the band, it's not only about joining the band. Duff McKagan has said that without Izzy GnR would have never existed and I think he knows about it a little bit more than us. 

The order doesn't really matter and Izzy was very important to the song writing, that's for sure.

As for his rhythm playing, I don't think that it was as unique as Axl's voice or Slash's solos, that's a bit stretched imo.

I just believe that apart from some people that downplay his importance in the band, there are also those who exaggerate about it.

When one says that he was 'the heart and soul' of the band, or when you count each song that Izzy had even the slightest contribution as an Izzy song, 

then you underestimate the others for example.

As for the Duff's quote, I agree that GN'R would have never existed as we know them,

but the same can be said for each of them.

Anyway, we all can have our opinion, I was just saying...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

The other thing that makes this all so bewildering is just looking at it from the plebian side of things. How much money does one possibly need? They were all rich before this, they will be wildly rich after this, no matter how the money was split.  Rich. Never have to work again rich. Kids wont have to work rich. Rich Rich Rich.  I realize thats why we aren't hearing about it- it doesn't make any of them look good and they know it- but it's just frustrating as fuck. 

Well apparently not. That's the sad part some fans don't like to hear about and refuse to believe, that shit happens and money can come and go really fast. They're only human and make mistakes.:shrugs:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

If it is just a "cash grab" like some people have said, do you guys think the big 3 will retire (or go back to solo projects) after 2017 when the hype dies down or be forced to bring Izzy back then?

The big 3 know how easy it is to make $ playing the same hits from 30 years ago, they won't release new music. Maybe they thought about it at the beginning but not anymore. I think they'll go back to their solo proyects until there's a need for $ again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Izzy's sexy, crunchy, dirty sounding guitar playing helped make AFD what is was. His early style and fashion sense clearly influenced the other members and helped define the band.  And his quiet charisma helped balance the others onstage too. He was just a perfect part of the puzzle. A puzzle he helped create. Irreplaceable. 

yes yes yes! nailed it ;)

• Like 1