Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Do any of you guys remember the VR blogs on myspace? Does anybody know where to find them? There was some funny Izzy stories in those blog posts from when he did a few shows with them but I can't find the posts anywhere.

Edit: I found one of them... :lol::lol: Did anybody ever figure out who Yoko was? I remember the rumors were it was either Duff or Izzy.

link 

I think it was Duff, slacking of Izzy and his Patchouli :rofl-lol: Now I'll wonder all day, if Izzy really smelled of Patchouli in the mid 90ies. Do believe it for the 80ies, though. 

I would ask: 

- Would you please consider touring again. At least where I live :P

- What kind of music / bands do you listen to, today?

- if your life taught you something, what is it?

- Is there something in your life, that you'd like to re-do and make better?

• Like 2

Patchouli smells really strong, my mother used to be into essential Oils when they were the big thing in the 90's and it was used to lift depression and boost the immune system.- just a worthless little fact for you.

The VR blogs never read these, are there many? I doubt this was written by Izzy, unless his quite happy to mock himself. I would love to know the conclusion of the same sex marriage conversation.

As for Izzy questions, back in the early days he made a comment about how lafayette girls didn't even know how to dress for a rock concert. I can't find the interview to post a quote. I know  it's silly but that comment has always stuck in my head, I would really love to know what 80's Izzy thought girls should be wearing to a concert? Where they suppose to dress to impress, or jeans and a T:shrugs: my mind boggles.

Apart from the normal music questions everyone wants to know, I would like to know how he goes about putting songs together, does he get together with friends a couple of times a year with some of his ideas and record what comes out of these sessions, or is music and writing a much bigger part of his life and always has something on the go.

@Tori72 your last two questions are good.

I think I would ask something similar. knowing what he does now, if he could give young Izzy about to jump in his car to drive to L A some advice, what would it be?

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 2

Also if it was all up to him, the backing was in place, everyone was onboard no arguments, what would an Izzy reunion look like.

Which members would be included,

What type of venue would be played,

What would be the set list?

• Like 1

Those are some pretty great questions, guys :wub:

I'd love to ask him if he could go back in time he'd quit the band again or seeing things from today's perspective he'd try harder to keep them all together. But I guess we know the answer, he seems to be very consequent with his actions and looks pretty happy with his life. So I'd probably just thank him for being such an influence in my "musical" life and for being the reason I found the love of my life, guitar playing.

And since I'm getting jealous of the women's thread, we need to do something for Izzy's birthday :P

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

Those are some pretty great questions, guys :wub:

I'd love to ask him if he could go back in time he'd quit the band again or seeing things from today's perspective he'd try harder to keep them all together. But I guess we know the answer, he seems to be very consequent with his actions and looks pretty happy with his life. So I'd probably just thank him for being such an influence in my "musical" life and for being the reason I found the love of my life, guitar playing.

And since I'm getting jealous of the women's thread, we need to do something for Izzy's birthday :P

Birthday wishes from The NO! Gang :headbang::headbang::headbang: I hope He will make The NO! Gang His official Fans club :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Birthday wishes from The NO! Gang :headbang::headbang::headbang: I hope He will make The NO! Gang His official Fans club :lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking more like gathering the whole coven under the fullmoon and do some evil rituals. I've got the perfect outfit for the occasion. Our lord will love it :lol:

tumblr_oksulsN2z41ssdkw6o1_1280.png

11 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I was thinking more like gathering the whole coven under the fullmoon and do some evil rituals. I've got the perfect outfit for the occasion. Our lord will love it :lol:

tumblr_oksulsN2z41ssdkw6o1_1280.png

NO!

I mean.....

YISS! :heart:

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Thanks a lot, out of likes 

Axl called Slash an invincible reptilian, was a slightly different word from reptilian I think it was reptilianasaurus or something like that lol. Axl also teased Duff for being tempted by a store down in Wellington to get a tophat. They were all in a good mood it was great

Thanks mate. Yeah I think the Aussies are in for a treat!

After dressed like Izzy, now Duff wants to become Slash???? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

8 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Do any of you guys remember the VR blogs on myspace? Does anybody know where to find them? There was some funny Izzy stories in those blog posts from when he did a few shows with them but I can't find the posts anywhere.

Edit: I found one of them... :lol::lol: Did anybody ever figure out who Yoko was? I remember the rumors were it was either Duff or Izzy.

Press and Petchouli. [ 10/28/2003 ]
- Posted by : Yoko
Hi, I'm Yoko. I'll be doing the Journal Entries for the band. I could be one of the band members, or maybe not. Someday I may take over the band... or maybe not. I'm neither here nor there. I'm simply... Yoko.

The band did a bunch of press for the top industry magazines today, including photo shoots and interviews. Izzy stopped by smelling of petchouli, and a 3-hour jam session ensued. Stradlin supplied "protein" for the band to enjoy and feast upon. A conversation involving same-sex marriages took place.

P.S. - I know it's only rock-n-roll, but I like it.

-Yoko

Can't be Izzy, Izzy has a very... distinctive way of typing. He usually leaves a space before periods or commas for exampe for reasons only known to him (likely because he never really learnt how to type). The way that person talks about Izzy in this post also makes it seem unlikely it's Izzy himself.

My guess is Duff or Susan. Hell I could even see Perla writing this.

Anyway, I never knew about this, so thanks for posting. I'm gonna take it over to the WT, maybe someone over there knows more about this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

link 

Don't have one, sorry. That little excerpt was from heretodaygonetohell.

5 hours ago, Archtop said:

Patchouli smells really strong, my mother used to be into essential Oils when they were the big thing in the 90's and it was used to lift depression and boost the immune system.- just a worthless little fact for you.

The VR blogs never read these, are there many? I doubt this was written by Izzy, unless his quite happy to mock himself. I would love to know the conclusion of the same sex marriage conversation.

I know somebody (steven, possibly?) said in an interview a long time ago that Izzy refuses to take medicine even when he's sick because he's so adamant about not taking any drugs. So I could see him being into essential oils nowadays. :shrugs:VR had quite a few short little blogs in 2002/2003, before Myspace ditched the whole blog side of the site. The majority were posted by "Yoko" and then Scott, Matt and Duff would also post every once in awhile. They mention Yoko in this interview at 3:57 

5 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

What if we filmed short little clips of us saying happy birthday (or whatever else you want to say) and tweet it to him? I could edit all the clips together if you guys want. Or we can do a separate birthday thread like the Women's thread is doing.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Can't be Izzy, Izzy has a very... distinctive way of typing. He usually leaves a space before periods or commas for exampe for reasons only known to him (likely because he never really learnt how to type). The way that person talks about Izzy in this post also makes it seem unlikely it's Izzy himself.

My guess is Duff or Susan. Hell I could even see Perla writing this.

Anyway, I never knew about this, so thanks for posting. I'm gonna take it over to the WT, maybe someone over there knows more about this.

It could've been Perla. I could easily see her making fun of the guys like that. Plus, the guys calling her 'Yoko' isn't too much of a stretch. :lol: If I find any of the other blogs I'll post them in the Women's thread for you guys. :)

Edited by Kris_1989

10 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

What if we filmed short little clips of us saying happy birthday (or whatever else you want to say) and tweet it to him? I could edit all the clips together if you guys want. Or we can do a separate birthday thread like the Women's thread is doing.

Please not a self video

I have an idea, what about birthday wishes with any kind of media, for example like this quotes below with cool background N' typeface. or You can write it on paper with drawing or only drawing N' take a pic with it, its up to You, be creative. After that make all the Birthday wishes into a video with background music, how about tht?

N' maybe @downliner can help Us to giv it to Izzy after its done :smiley-confused2:

1359daa4b85d428d90727cd7939e8619.jpg

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Don't have one, sorry. That little excerpt was from heretodaygonetohell.

I know somebody (steven, possibly?) said in an interview a long time ago that Izzy refuses to take medicine even when he's sick because he's so adamant about not taking any drugs. So I could see him being into essential oils nowadays. :shrugs:VR had quite a few short little blogs in 2002/2003, before Myspace ditched the whole blog side of the site. The majority were posted by "Yoko" and then Scott, Matt and Duff would also post every once in awhile. They mention Yoko in this interview at 3:57 

It could've been Perla. I could easily see her making fun of the guys like that. Plus, the guys calling her 'Yoko' isn't too much of a stretch. :lol:If I find any of the other blogs I'll post them in the Women's thread for you guys. :)

Exactly my thoughts lol.

Or maybe Yoko was Sorum or Scott Weiland?

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Ma'am you outed us. Why so afraid now? :P

LMAO :lol:

While i love both ideas, I'm like super awkward so I don't know if I can deal with Izzy thinking I'm retarded while trying miserably to wish him happy birthday :ph34r: So maybe we can combine both? Or, I don't know, and then put it all together...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

LMAO :lol:

While i love both ideas, I'm like super awkward so I don't know if I can deal with Izzy thinking I'm retarded while trying miserably to wish him happy birthday :ph34r: So maybe we can combine both? Or, I don't know, and then put it all together...

lmao I thought the same thing after I posted the idea. I was like I'm going to sound like an idiot and all awkward. So maybe the thread is a better idea and we can all can just post what we want there?

18 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

lmao I thought the same thing after I posted the idea. I was like I'm going to sound like an idiot and all awkward. So maybe the thread is a better idea and we can all can just post what we want there?

LOL?

We know our lord and savior likes to keep things simple, right? So maybe the thread is the best idea because I know I won't be able to keep my fangirling from showing if I do a video. 

• Like 1

I feel you, guys. Me too :lol: I think a thread especially for his birthday is cool. We can post whatever we want, pics, videos, songs, drawings, marriage proposals... (OK, maybe not those ones)

It is funny cause April 8th is also my mom's birthday. If she knew I'm "planning" Izzy's birthday before hers she'd probably disinherit me. :P

1 minute ago, Jane M. said:

This is making me sad. We're "planning" Izzy's birthday 2 months ahead, Axl & Duff have their threads, Slash most def. will have his too but there was nothing done for Steven. :unsure:

Next year, pinky promise.

Yeah! On his birthday it was already night in Portugal and there was nothing on this forum saying happy birthday to him and I was really upset with it :bitchfight: So I went and spam a good part of this forum wishing him happy birthday and sharing pictures of him - the women's thread, the social media thread, the Steven appreciation thread, everything I could remember :awesomeface:  Popcorn needs more love!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jane M. said:

This is making me sad. We're "planning" Izzy's birthday 2 months ahead, Axl & Duff have their threads, Slash most def. will have his too but there was nothing done for Steven. :unsure:

Next year, pinky promise.

Truth is, Izzy's and Slash's were the only birth dates I knew :ph34r: I learnt Axl's and Duff's yesterday :lol: and I said HB to popcorn via Twitter the other day!!

Is this new to you too? Poor thing Steven is missing too :o

tumblr_okv3azKVQ11vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Darkenchantress