Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

@fonsa76 Hello, nice to have another member we are a select few.

@SerenityScorp It was you responsible for the security breach. ?

@downliner I don't know much about these sessions, what year are they talking about?

The comment about not wanting to screw things up for just nostalgic reasons is kind of halarious. Slash and Duff seem to leave any integrity behind in the company of Axl.

47 minutes ago, Archtop said:

@fonsa76 Hello, nice to have another member we are a select few.

@SerenityScorp It was you responsible for the security breach. ?

@downliner I don't know much about these sessions, what year are they talking about?

The comment about not wanting to screw things up for just nostalgic reasons is kind of halarious. Slash and Duff seem to leave any integrity behind in the company of Axl.

Image result for world burn meme

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

How do You know? :rolleyes:

I only know one Hannah that makes cool drawings.

8 hours ago, fonsa76 said:

I love the word Once you're in this thread you're stuck with us.

Oh eh... yeah newbie here... been lurking here and there but mostly here...

I love Izzy but to be honest, what I love the most is how the No Gang's post about everything with Izzy or not....

Thank You all you've always make my day

Welcome aboard.

Izzy Stradlin: Life And Death, Sex And Drugs And Guns N' Roses

Features / 07 Nov 2016 / by Mick Wall

They say that in the country of the blind the one-eyed man is king, but for Izzy, returning to the road with Guns N’ Roses, in 1991. was “a nightmare.” Axl’s ‘mood swings’ had become so regular, “I said to Duff and Slash, we gotta learn a cover song or something, for when [Axl] leaves the stage. They were like, ‘Ah, let’s have another beer…’

- I think Izzy is indeed the soul or maybe the brain that uniting the band. When no one cared about how the audience would feel when GNR could possibly, suddenly stop the show because of Axl, then he at that time had given thought about them. At least he tried to give the fans something ...well yeah..  they already paid the tickets.

On the plus side, unlike Slash, who would eventually have to find a new frontman for his songs, singing was not a problem for Izzy. “It felt pretty natural. Axl was never usually there for rehearsals, so I’d be the guy singing a fucked-up version of Paradise City or whatever. It just became a matter of, ‘Well, now I always have to sing them’.” Had he been tempted to get a frontman, though? He nearly chokes on his chamomile. “No. By that point, I said I’d rather sit around and play acoustic guitar in my bedroom than try that.”

- Imagine Izzy sang the fucked up version of GNR songs... I think that would be awesome.

754609e4-4026-48e9-bd6b-f3f23b3cb702?w=8

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fonsa76 said:

- Imagine Izzy sang the fucked up version of GNR songs... I think that would be awesome.

There's that video, well, not video really cause it's only the audio, of Izzy, Duff and Slash playing Mr Brownstone with Izzy singing it and it's great. I love that he sings it his way not trying to sing like Axl (cause it's obvious he doesn't have Axl's vocal range). The quality sucks but still, i love to listen to it :wub:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

There's that video, well, not video really cause it's only the audio, of Izzy, Duff and Slash playing Mr Brownstone with Izzy singing it and it's great. I love that he sings it his way not trying to sing like Axl (cause it's obvious he doesn't have Axl's vocal range). The quality sucks but still, i love to listen to it :wub:

This.Its always irritating Me N' makes Me cringe when most people tried to sing GN'R song with Axl voice

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

This.Its always irritating Me N' makes Me cringe when most people tried to sing GN'R song with Axl voice

Yeah, it rarely works. Axl's voice is impressive when he is in a good form and not everyone can sing his songs obviously. Izzy's voice is more limited but I love it, is super sexy and pure rock 'n' roll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

After all the madness the Steven AMA caused I've been thinking (and i know this is never gonna happen, ok :P) if Izzy were to do an AMA, or a Q&A or whatever, what would you like to ask him? 

1. Do you have any plans to release more material in 2017?

2. If you could record/compose with any musician (Dead or alive) who would it be? 

3. Is there any place that you haven't traveled to yet that you still want to see?

...I wonder how many places he's traveled to at this point. ? He's probably seen the world by now and I'm super jealous. If he ever needs somebody to carry his bags I volunteer. ??

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

Do any of you guys remember the VR blogs on myspace? Does anybody know where to find them? There was some funny Izzy stories in those blog posts from when he did a few shows with them but I can't find the posts anywhere.

Edit: I found one of them... :lol::lol: Did anybody ever figure out who Yoko was? I remember the rumors were it was either Duff or Izzy.

Press and Petchouli. [ 10/28/2003 ]
- Posted by : Yoko
Hi, I'm Yoko. I'll be doing the Journal Entries for the band. I could be one of the band members, or maybe not. Someday I may take over the band... or maybe not. I'm neither here nor there. I'm simply... Yoko.

The band did a bunch of press for the top industry magazines today, including photo shoots and interviews. Izzy stopped by smelling of petchouli, and a 3-hour jam session ensued. Stradlin supplied "protein" for the band to enjoy and feast upon. A conversation involving same-sex marriages took place.

P.S. - I know it's only rock-n-roll, but I like it.

-Yoko

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

1. Do you have any plans to release more material in 2017?

2. If you could record/compose with any musician (Dead or alive) who would it be? 

3. Is there any place that you haven't traveled to yet that you still want to see?

...I wonder how many places he's traveled to at this point. ? He's probably seen the world by now and I'm super jealous. If he ever needs somebody to carry his bags I volunteer. ??

Second one is one I'd ask too! But is like, i want to ask so many things and at the same time i don't know what the fuck to ask, so I guess it's ok he will never do it :lol: Well, I'd maybe ask if he ever knew if that man he sings about in Needles eventually made it to LA! :P

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Do any of you guys remember the VR blogs on myspace? Does anybody know where to find them? There was some funny Izzy stories in those blog posts from when he did a few shows with them but I can't find the posts anywhere.

Edit: I found one of them... :lol::lol: Did anybody ever figure out who Yoko was? I remember the rumors were it was either Duff or Izzy.

I can totally see Izzy writing that :rofl-lol:

• Like 1