Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Have any of you read Anthony Kiedis's book? The part when he says he was buying drugs from a dealer who was in another famous LA band, when he got too bad the dealer refused to sell him any more. 

I thought his Dad was a drug dealer and that's how he got started, seems odd to be buying elsewhere. long time since I read his book so I might have this very wrong.

Picture of Izzy in the Slashes snakepit era, is this a studio session or did he do a live gig? I know he joined VR on stage on one occasion. I know very little about the collaborations between Izzy and Slash, so if anybody cares to educate me ?

image.jpg

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Have any of you read Anthony Kiedis's book? The part when he says he was buying drugs from a dealer who was in another famous LA band, when he got too bad the dealer refused to sell him any more. 

Anyone else think it was Izzy? 

Very likely.

6 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I thought his Dad was a drug dealer and that's how he got started, seems odd to be buying elsewhere. long time since I read his book so I might have this very wrong.

Picture of Izzy in the Slashes snakepit era, anybody if this is a studio session or did he do a live gig? I know he joined VR on stage on one occasion. I know very little about the collaborations between Izzy and Slash, so if anybody cares to educate me ?

He joined VR in Barcelona in 2004. I couldn't go and I died when  I heard Izzy was there :o Maybe the pic is from one of those 10 days he was with VR in studio before he ran away cause he didn't want to work with a lead singer?

Sunrise9memories on tumblr did it again. The pic is like super big, sorry for the inconvenience but you deserve to see it in HD :P :wub:

tumblr_ol6bpiK3gI1uw2kreo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Picture of Izzy in the Slashes snakepit era, is this a studio session or did he do a live gig? I know he joined VR on stage on one occasion. I know very little about the collaborations between Izzy and Slash, so if anybody cares to educate me ?

image.jpg

From Slash's book (same jamming session):

IMG_4653.jpg

Snafu is in one of Izzy's albums, Like a dog.

Edited by Jane M.
Album name

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

From Slash's book (same jamming session):

IMG_4653.jpg

Snafu is in one of Izzy's albums, Like a dog.

Cool, their pre-VR collaborations seem to have gone both ways. Both Bomb and Snafu apparently came from them.

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

Picture of Izzy in the Slashes snakepit era, is this a studio session or did he do a live gig? I know he joined VR on stage on one occasion. I know very little about the collaborations between Izzy and Slash, so if anybody cares to educate me

image.jpg

Izzy did join Snakepit once. Too bad the video is cut but well, at least there's something. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Cool, their pre-VR collaborations seem to have gone both ways. Both Bomb and Snafu apparently came from them.

Izzy did join Snakepit once. Too bad the video is cut but well, at least there's something. 

Bomb has the same riff as Do it for the kids, if I'm not mistaken.

One of the funnier episodes was the day that Izzy got up bright and early to head down there and oversee the mixing of “Sweet Child o’ Mine.” He totally rode their asses. Usually they’d have a mix up by noon and would have it done by four. That day Izzy called us around one and told us all to come down immediately because it was finished and it sounded great. When I walked in, the first thing I saw was the traumatized look on Mike Barbiero’s face— the guy looked like a prisoner after a long night of interrogation. He played us the mix, which was ridiculous; it was nothing but Izzy’s guitar and Axl’s vocals with everything else faded into insignificance. I could hardly hear the drums, the bass was nonexistent, and my guitar was audible only in the intro and the solo. Let’s just say that Izzy has a sparse way of looking at things and that was very indicative of his point of view. Obviously we redid it. - Slash

:lol:

• Like 3

it was nothing but Izzy’s guitar and Axl’s vocals with everything else faded into insignificance. 

Aww :wub: He just want to monopolize Axl alone :wub:

10 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I can see it.

Producer: Yeah, it's perfect.

Izzy:

tumblr_oahdmivOwz1vyjra9o2_250.gif

Producer: OK... let's change this. Uhm, uhm, let me see. OK, what about now?

Izzy:

Producer: <_< No, we cannot get Keith Richards to play over Slash's part...it sounds perfect now.

Izzy:

Producer: :blink: NO. We cannot make your fucking redhead boyfriend from Indiana sound louder. It stays like this!

Izzy:

Producer: Will you kill me, please?

Izzy:

Producer: :confused: what about now?

Izzy: :headbang::headbang:

Slash: :facepalm::facepalm:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I want to hear Izzys mix of SCOM. 

Me too! I'd love a box set or something with that kind of things for the AFD anniversary since it seems a real reunion is not happening.

And speaking of SCOM, love the fact that, while you can see the others cuddling with their girlfriends/wives, Izzy is just there sitting/speaking about life with his dog :lol:

a397cnY.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

Me too! I'd love a box set or something with that kind of things for the AFD anniversary since it seems a real reunion is not happening.

And speaking of SCOM, love the fact that, while you can see the others cuddling with their girlfriends/wives, Izzy is just there sitting/speaking about life with his dog :lol:

a397cnY.gif

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I can see it.

Producer: Yeah, it's perfect.

Izzy:

Producer: OK... let's change this. Uhm, uhm, let me see. OK, what about now?

Izzy:

Producer: <_< No, we cannot get Keith Richards to play over Slash's part...it sounds perfect now.

Izzy:

Producer: :blink: NO. We cannot make your fucking redhead boyfriend from Indiana sound louder. It stays like this!

Izzy:

Producer: Will you kill me, please?

Izzy:

Producer: :confused: what about now?

Izzy: :headbang::headbang:

Slash: :facepalm::facepalm:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

OMG this is having me laugh out loud. Sounds like a littler overdrawn ego here, but its cute. But who knows, maybe Izzys mix was really cool. I'd like to hear it too.

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

a397cnY.gif

Does anyone know why Izzy didn't bring a girlfriend? Because of privacy or he did not have one at the time? Coming with his dog is a cool and funny move whatsoever. Always liked it.

Edited by Tori72

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

OMG this is having me laught out loud. Sounds like a littler overdrawn ego here, but its cute. But who knows, maybe Izzys mix was really cool. I'd like to hear it too.

Does anyone know why Izzy didn't bring a girlfriend? Because of privacy or he did not have one at the time? Coming with his dog is a cool and funny move whatsoever. Always liked it.

Angela was there but the dog was nicer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

OMG this is having me laught out loud. Sounds like a littler overdrawn ego here, but its cute. But who knows, maybe Izzys mix was really cool. I'd like to hear it too.

I read somewhere that his girlfriend was there but didn't want to be in the video? Not sure why.

• Like 1