when is a venue classed as sold out ?

been going through many European ticketmasters in languages I don't understand which is a lot of time and hassle only to find at the end "there are no tickets available" on each one. if a gig is sold out then why don't they just say so ? I've seen no sold out notices anywhere official yet including GNR's own website. am I right in thinking that if a stadium holds 90,000 people and there is one single solitary 5 grand vip ticket left then it is not sold out ?

4 hours ago, donny said:

been going through many European ticketmasters in languages I don't understand which is a lot of time and hassle only to find at the end "there are no tickets available" on each one. if a gig is sold out then why don't they just say so ? I've seen no sold out notices anywhere official yet including GNR's own website. am I right in thinking that if a stadium holds 90,000 people and there is one single solitary 5 grand vip ticket left then it is not sold out ?

MCD the promoter for the Slane gig confirmed it as sold out few weeks ago but not sure if they included the expensive vip package in that 

I only saw a "Sold Out" on the first Dodger Stadium show. It was in the title. Something like "SOLD OUT Dodger Stadium...". So my guess is that every single VIP package (like the Jungle Pit experience, the Civil War VIP etc.) were each completely bought out.

So yeah, theres probably still tickets left, but they're the VIP tickets.  the areas that are sold out are greyed out, and the ones still available should be blue on the ticketmaster interactive map

Edited by Mendez