GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

On 1/19/2018 at 11:22 AM, dgnr said:

This zen Duff gives me the creeps :lol:

He has nice feet. There is also nothing wrong with his zen or chi or whatever. Duff seems like a very chill dude.

When I see the pictures that Su posts of her and Duff doing stuff like this, I just think he's a good husband who enjoys spending time with his wife. I don't think Duff does spa days because he enjoys them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fang said:

I vote yes on the penischarm! I already have a flying penis charm that a professor gave me in a sexuality class :)

On a serious note that shirt does make me incredibly sad. Axl doesn't seem as violent these days, but he still seems to be a misogynist. That's very disappointing considering he admitted in the 90s to having fucked up ideas about women. Usually admitting you have a problem is a step towards change. Not for our redhead though. :(

Lol professors giving you flying penises :ph34r:

About Axl, you have to think that a guy like him is very hard to change because he is in his 50's and was raised in a different society. He doesnt even have a daughter that would make him think about those things... Plus, the rock world is still very misogynist, that behavior is encouraged and applauded.

So I don't expect much from him other than just hoping he doesnt go back to the dark times if he ever has a new partner :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

That one is terribly misogynist and this is one of the reasons why I dont believe he's changed when they say he's changed.

Slash IG is horrible but I have not seen him wearing that same tshirt of Axl. Although he has others that are nearly as bad :lol:

And the vagicharm..... loool.... should we wear a penischarm pedant now?:facepalm:

I totally agree about Slash's Instagram account. I do find a lot of the content disturbing as a woman. One vagicharm is ok but doesn't make up for the trash can legs- horrible :max:

38 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

To add to that first reason, the reason Duff is L.A. full time now is because of his Seattle home being built. He has said before, I think it was in his autobiography, that he actually dislikes L.A. and prefers Seattle and the PNW. It's home to him. And the rest of your points are pretty spot on. It would be interesting to see if anything happens but at this point, no surprise if nothing happens.

Duff has had the same place in Seattle forever in a great location. Did they sell and buy a new place in Seattle? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

I totally agree about Slash's Instagram account. I do find a lot of the content disturbing as a woman. One vagicharm is ok but doesn't make up for the trash can legs- horrible :max:

Duff has had the same place in Seattle forever in a great location. Did they sell and buy a new place in Seattle? 

No, he's remodeling the house at the same location. I find that a shame because it was gorgeous Tudor-style home.

Women's March Seattle? I wonder if he's back in the PNW for a bit.

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think you don't understand the context in which those things were said.

While I do agree with you that people are entitled to do with their money whatever the heck they want, I do not think it is realistic to say that the great thing about this world is that people get to live their lives in the way they want.

Financial and gender reasons, age, physical impediments and other things can limit the freedom of someone and I dont think there are many people out there that can do what those superfans do.

So we have two moms just talking between themselves about how time consuming is to be a mom and how raising kids oftenly puts you in a place where you have to manage the best you can the time and money you can destine to yourself and your children.

From the point of view of someone married with children, the question arised about how these people were able to afford not only the trips and tickets but also the time spent attending so many shows. Even from the point of view of a single person, this question pops up too.

I think it was clear that no one was trying to tell them superfans how to live their lives or how to administrate their money and their freedom. It was just wondering about priorities in life and what are the motivations behind investing a load of money in such activities.

I understand. That’s why I said why speculate? If you don’t know the reasons, leave people be. They don’t need to be discussed or understood from “your” point of view. Live and let live. Y’know. My situation in life would not allow me that be a superfan, but I don’t view their behaviour through the narrow lense of my existence....

People can do what they want. It’s their life. I don’t introduce someone else’s situation to my mind and try to understand it through my experience... it’s their fucking life. So leave them be... Everyone should walk in their own shoes and leave others do the same. 

I guess if I’m explaining what freedom of choice is to someone, it’s unlikely they will understand it anyway. Your philosophy appears to be “You can have freedom but......” don’t be infirm,or poor,or have kids, or be married” 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I understand. That’s why I said why speculate? If you don’t know the reasons, leave people be. They don’t need to be discussed or understood from “your” point of view. Live and let live. Y’know. My situation in life would not allow me that be a superfan, but I don’t view their behaviour through the narrow lense of my existence....

People can do what they want. It’s their life. I don’t introduce someone else’s situation to my mind and try to understand it through my experience... it’s their fucking life. So leave them be... Everyone should walk in their own shoes and leave others do the same. 

giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

No, he's remodeling the house at the same location. I find that a shame because it was gorgeous Tudor-style home.

Didnt Susan say they bought a new house in Seattle and are remodeling the old one to sell? :question:

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

Y'know... This is a discussion board and people discuss topics here so why don't you let people be and have them whatever discussion and opinions they want to have?

Aren't you here to preach about freedom? Then do as you preach and leave those fucking mamas alone because this is OUR thread and it is our space to talk/vent/complain/laugh/cry about whatever we want. 

We earned it with our freedom of speech and opinion.

Then walk in your own shoes and let us be. It's our life. It's our concerns, not yours. We will keep talking about whatever we want and you won't come tell us what we must say or not say or else you are being a hypocrite with your preaching.

I guess if I’m explaining what freedom of choice is to someone, it’s unlikely they will understand it anyway. Your philosophy appears to be “You can have freedom but......” don’t be infirm,or poor,or have kids, or be married

It is unlikely you've understood the concept yourself in first place. Because no one is entirely free and that's not my philosophy.

What I said is that certain aspects of life interfere with the utopia of total freedom. Whether you are married, single, in charge of others, disabled or dealing with a demanding job, life as an adult forces you to make a list of priorities and function according to it. It is not always th case that you can dedicate enormous amounts of time to leisure or traveling around the world. 

I repeat, that was not in question, it was just a conversation between two people exchanging experiences about motherhood and comparing their priorities to others.

Why someone who preaches about freedom gets their panties in a bunch just because others were discussing those topics is frankly odd.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zoot said:

Didnt Susan say they bought a new house in Seattle and are remodeling the old one to sell? :question:

That's what I initially thought but I don't think that's the case. As I mentioned a few pages ago, the city of Seattle actually puts building permits on one of their websites so that information is available to the public. I also read a fanfiction where the author puts Duff's actual Seattle address in it. How that relates to the building permit is that Duff's Seattle address is showing that the house is being remodeled and there will be no change in residency at all. When Susan was talking about the new Seattle digs, I think she was talking about the house when the remodel is complete. Her IG stories of the current house show that the McKagans hired an architect (from her Halloween IG story) and Susan had mentioned she wanted an elevator in the home in one of her IG posts showing a Guns N' Roses elevator. Duff said he was on it...although I think he might've been joking.

I also looked up the real estate for the Laurelhurst neighborhood (where the house is located) and there was no mention of the home being put up for sale because I wonder the same thing what you're curious about. If they had bought a new house, I'm sure we'd all know about it by now.

Apologies to any late replies, I was running hardware diagnostics on my laptop because I'm having issues with my computer not shutting down properly and rebooting itself.

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

Y'know... This is a discussion board and people discuss topics here so why don't you let people be and have them whatever discussion and opinions they want to have?

Aren't you here to preach about freedom? Then do as you preach and leave those fucking mamas alone because this is OUR thread and it is our space to talk/vent/complain/laugh/cry about whatever we want. 

We earned it with our freedom of speech and opinion.

Then walk in your own shoes and let us be. It's our life. It's our concerns, not yours. We will keep talking about whatever we want and you won't come tell us what we must say or not say or else you are being a hypocrite with your preaching.

It is unlikely you've understood the concept yourself in first place. Because no one is entirely free and that's not my philosophy.

What I said is that certain aspects of life interfere with the utopia of total freedom. Whether you are married, single, in charge of others, disabled or dealing with a demanding job, life as an adult forces you to make a list of priorities and function according to it. It is not always th case that you can dedicate enormous amounts of time to leisure or traveling around the world. 

I repeat, that was not in question, it was just a conversation between two people exchanging experiences about motherhood and comparing their priorities to others.

Why someone who preaches about freedom gets their panties in a bunch just because others were discussing those topics is frankly odd.

Yes. 

On 19. 1. 2018 at 5:51 PM, Gabrielaerojas said:

True or not, I got excited like a squirrel on coke :awesomeface: @Alja because why not? 

So let`s go wild!

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/10/squirrel-behavior-cache-fall-video-spd/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_fb20180121news-squirrelday&utm_campaign=Content&sf179795366=1

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

I saw that one a while ago and it's amazing :)

BTW, welcome back @SerenityScorp.... where ya been?

Too busy with life N' kinda bored since Theres nothing new with GN'R

Now I missed sooo many pages N'lazy to read it all

Am I missing something?  like Slaxl's "nighttime" secret, Or Secret marriage??  :smiley-confused2: