GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

And Izzy will say on twitter "Answer the questions equally"  :lol:

Bullshit! He didn’t want to answer the question equally!!!!!! Moving right along. :lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 3

Well, not very good news. But he adressed my comment about the AFD line up. It seems Axl, Slash and Duff just don't feel confortable about Izzy and Adler. They decide about the line up. I asked why. I don't know if I would get more info :cry:

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Granda Axl also wanted to ask a question but was deleted. :( So some of you may give him the answer he's waiting for. :unsure:

XZh5MSC.gif

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Post.It.THERE! Please!!! Please!!! Please!!! Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Post.It.THERE! Please!!! Please!!! Please!!! Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!Please!!!

I did. It lasted 30 seconds. There's nothing I can do about it. :shrugs:

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

I did. It lasted 30 seconds. There's nothing I can do about it. :shrugs:

I see. I didn’t understand your first comment about it. That’s a pity. The mods are not in a funny mood, today. Poor Grandpa! 

Edited by Tori72

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I see. I didn’t understand your first comment about it. That’s a pity. The mods are not in a funny mood, today. Poor Grandpa! 

He was asked about AXL/DC many times. I don't think he said a word about it

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Ladies I have to do this:

THERE WILL BE NEW MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSS!!!!

:dance::hahafyou::dance::headbang::dance:rock4

I wouldn't be so sure. We have heard words like "something" many times and nothing happens. About new music I believe it when I see it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

He was asked about AXL/DC many times. I don't think he said a word about it

He didn’t say anything about the Gunners side projects neither about Axl.

I got we can get lost with hopes of AFD5. Better hold and pray to keep AFD3.

Edited by GingerHair

Just now, GingerHair said:

i hope someone will summarize what he’s actually releasing of informating bc I am not getting a lot of concrete things.

The only real thing I got was that there will be more tours dates added in 2018, outside of Europe.

I got it very clear an AFD 5 reunion is not happening, at least not any time soon :cry:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Padme said:

I wouldn't be so sure. We have heard words like "something" many times and nothing happens. About new music I believe it when I see it

I'm satisfied now that we'll see new music.  Obviously, it would have been great if he'd been more specific, giving us a time frame, but I think he gave us enough to go by without giving away too much (and thereby getting himself into trouble).  He made it clear that he doesn't 'speak' for the band, which seems unreal to us, but this is GNR after all.  He probably can't say too much because they don't want him to say too much, and he works for them after all.

The other thing he seemed to want to make abundantly clear, is that the decision making is not down to just Axl.  It's Axl, Slash and Duff.  Had to chuckle though.  On the forum, we're so used to just using Axl's name alone for certain topics and then you've got all these posters carefully crafting their questions: Will Axl, Slash and Duff...Are Axl, Slash and Duff etc...:lol:

• Like 2

He blames fans of being clueless, talking shit, etc. then comes here to do damage control, but his responses are either vague, one liners or something tangled up that leaves all doors open to the speculation he complained about in first place. :shrugs:

And the asskissing going on there was  :vomit:  especially from people who were talking shit about him before, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He blames fans of being clueless, talking shit, etc. then comes here to do damage control, but his responses are either vague, one liners or something tangled up that leaves all doors open to the speculation he complained about in first place. :shrugs:

And the asskissing going on there was  :vomit:  especially from people who were talking shit about him before, lol

Yes to all of it.

I think he’s trying, he’s taking the time and probably is giving us what he’s allowed to say.... 

but he doesn’t understand why people are not satisfied with his answers. He seems to be living in his own little world of fashion and fans having to be grateful for anything that’s dished up. And don’t ask questions about Izzy who is his friend. How dare we ask questions about his friend! I mean, Izzy’s his friend!

So „No“ to all Izzy collab, „something“ to some heated up b-side music from the 80s in some distant, unnamed future and „no comment“ on Axl/DC, setlist, tour dates or anything music related. He would be happy to talk about the fashion line he fronted tho, because Guns was about fashion from the early days on, you know.

sorry,  I’m sure my post is one of those that suck. :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yes to all of it.

I think he’s trying, he’s taking the time and probably is giving us what he’s allowed to say.... 

but he doesn’t understand why people are not satisfied with his answers. He seems to be living in his own little world of fashion and fans having to be grateful for anything that’s dished up. And don’t ask questions about Izzy who is his friend. How dare we ask questions about his friend! I mean, Izzy’s his friend!

So „No“ to all Izzy collab, „something“ to some heated up b-side music from the 80s in some distant, unnamed future and „no comment“ on Axl/DC, setlist, tour dates or anything music related. He would be happy to talk about the fashion line he fronted tho, because Guns was about fashion from the early days on, you know.

The few things I picked from all that babbling is:

- GN'R will continue to tour for years
- T-shirts and merchandise is what he likes to do best
- 'Something' about new music, which doesn't mean there will be new music in the near future, because he can't say 'nothing' or 'never' (unless GN'R was to announce their retirement). It just means that they are not retiring yet.
- New tour dates to be added this year
- Will not talk about Izzy
- AFD5 is not important for them
- Something like it is not cool to like different lineups other than the current one

So, it is the same old shit as usual and most of what fans have speculated has parts of truth to it, so in the end, fans are not so clueless after all.

22 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yes to all of it.

He genuinely didn't get why people weren't satisfied did he?  Unbelievable that we had to spell it out to him why a 30 year old song is not as anticipated or well received as a brand new song. Fernando, if you ever read this, please take note!  Merch is not as exciting or as important as the music.  Literally, nothing is more important than the band's music - it's why the band exists!  Music is what we crave. 

13 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Can anyone shed any light on why he doesn't like Marc Canter?  I don't know the story.  When someone in the thread said Marc is a good guy, Fernando said, we'll agree to disagree.  What's the story there?

Yeah, I noticed that too.

At the risk of "talking shit" and having someone offended, I can tell you that my understanding is that Marc Canter released his book of GN'R photos at a period of time when Axl was trying to boost and solidify the "nuGuns" lineup, and so he thought that releasing something about the old lineup was a bad idea, because his efforts would be like counterweighted? by a release about the old lineup. I guess Axl asked Marc to not release the book and Marc refused so ever since, they stopped talking.

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

He genuinely didn't get why people weren't satisfied did he?  Unbelievable that we had to spell it out to him why a 30 year old song is not as anticipated or well received as a brand new song. Fernando, if you ever read this, please take note!  Merch is not as exciting or as important as the music.  Literally, nothing is more important than the band's music - it's why the band exists!  Music is what we crave. 

Yeah, but to give him some credit, in another response he said something like he is not responsible about the band's creative process... like he can't do anything to put them working on new music if they don't decide, together as a band, to start working on new music.

Well, that's what I understood from it :shrugs:

Just now, killuridols said:

Yeah, but to give him some credit, in another response he said something like he is not responsible about the band's creative process... like he can't do anything to put them working on new music if they don't decide, together as a band, to start working on new music.

Well, that's what I understood from it :shrugs:

Yes, I understood that part as well.  It was the way he answered my question - we just released a brand new single - as if he was shocked that we didn't see that as a new music?  I just...didn't know how to respond to that?