GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

20 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

The step-father doesn't have to adopt, but it's advisable due to the reasons I mentioned above.  Once the mother remarries the biological father is not obliged to provide for the child. Or the biological father is no longer in the child's life.  This is very common.  Or the mother does not want the biological father in their lives (think domestic violence cases).  And, as I mentioned, the child must be adopted to inherit from the step-father's will - so there's that.

It is culturally the norm in some countries that a woman takes on the surname of her husband.  There are exceptions of course as it's not a legal requirement, just a cultural norm.  So yes, the woman then changes her name for a second time upon re-marrying.  In such cases, it is common for the child to then take on the name of the step-father so that everyone within the family unit shares the same surname.   Otherwise, it can become a legal minefield later on, when the child is say, 18, to prove that they are who they say they are.  

If the child has a different name from the mother sometimes that causes problems, travelling abroad, for example.  The mother has to take a copy of the child's birth certificate with her to prove she is the mother of the child and not smuggling someone else's child out of the country.  

It's all very confusing! 

LOL, it is!

We have a new Civil Code in Argentina and they have simplified many of those things. Women who get married do not have to necessarily adopt their husband's last name. They do it if they want and the husbands can use their wife's last name as well :lol:.

As for kids, the one that was born outside the new marriage and was not recognized by both biological parents, may adopt the new husband's name but in the document it must be stated that the kid had a different filiation before that. They cannot have their initial last name removed and changed for the new one, without record of it.

Edited by killuridols

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

LOL, it is!

We have a new Civil Code in Argentina and they have simplified many of those things. Women who get married do not have to necessarily adopt their husband's last name. They do it if they want and the husbands can use their wife's last name as well :lol:.

As for kids, the one that was born outside the new marriage and was not recognized by both biological parents, may adopt the new husband's name but in the document it must be stated that the kid had a different filiation before that. They cannot have their initial last name removed and changed for the new one, without record of it.

Well, I was surprised at finding out that Catalan women (and I think Spanish women also?) don't usually take on their husband's surnames or even wear an engagement ring.  And yeah, the husband's can also take on the woman's name!  I thought that was really progressive. ^_^  

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, I was surprised at finding out that Catalan women (and I think Spanish women also?) don't usually take on their husband's surnames or even wear an engagement ring.  And yeah, the husband's can also take on the woman's name!  I thought that was really progressive. ^_^  

Here you can go ask for divorce without the "consent" of your husband or wife, looool :lol:

Also, engagement rings are not common around here.... Maybe only among very traditional conservative families and super rich, but the mortals actually laugh at the idea of a ring.

11 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

I know the difference thank you I live in the uk

didn't people quote from people magazine is that in the same group as w/post or n/inquirer 🤔  I do watch the news I just don't  buy papers thank

It is a celebrity magazine. But not the National Enquire nor The Sun

Haha name discussions. Love it. :D

Spanish women take on the husband’s name and keep their own as far as I know.

In Germany and I think most other northern European countries you can take whoever name you chose. Woman’s or man’s or both stick to their own name. They have to decide what the children will have as a surname once they are born.

Here husband is automatically taken as father of the child and child carries his surname. If the woman isn`t married, child has either her name or she must bring man`s (still not necessary biological father, y` know) agreement with fatherhood, then the child has his name. If the woman marries another man, living father must eventually agree to change child`s name. 

Women surnames (they usually either get husband`s, now it`s trendy to keep both, here have specific suffix, so you usually instantly know gender from name. It`s really weird in transgender people with not legalized new identity, because surnames here just aren`t gender-neutral. 

For man to take woman`s surname is extremely unusual, so it`s adding wife`s name to his, but it existed in the past, for example, if woman came from prestigeous family. 

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

You can also change your gender just like that :lol::facepalm:

Say like, one day you wake up and feel like a man, then you go to the Civil Register and change your ID.

Voilá. Man. or... Woman. :rofl-lol:

Yes you can but it is a long procedure and not an easy thing. Also, trans people suffer from great discrimination against. From the public as well as from health care system. It is a shame.

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

LOL, it is!

Here in the states, women normally take the husbands last name or hyphenate their maiden name with the new. In order for the new spouse to adopt, the unattached parent has to give up their parental rights and consent to the adoption.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yes you can but it is a long procedure and not an easy thing. Also, trans people suffer from great discrimination against. From the public as well as from health care system. It is a shame.

Here, you need your birth certificate rectified first, in order to have an ID that matches your new gender. I have no idea if it's a long procedure but I know many trans people have done it.

Edited by killuridols

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Here, you need your birth certificate rectified first, in order to have an ID that matches your new gender. I have no idea if it's a long procedure but I know many trans people have done it.

I don't think that you can change your birth certificate here, so you'd always have male if you were born male. You can change your title (Mr or Miss) by deed poll when you change your name, you then get a deed poll which you can use the same way you would use a birth certificate. That way a trans person can still get a driving license/passport etc with their chosen gender.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2018 at 1:09 AM, killuridols said:

Heeeeey!!! :headbang:

I was really wondering where you were and why you weren't jumping on certain discussions here that you oftenly like to participate of :P

LOL, I don't diss the Eurovision thing, I have no idea to even judge it but it happened that TVE (Televisión Española) modified their programming to show the final and well, some things I usually watch in that channel were cancelled thanks to... hah... Eurovision :rolleyes:

But OMG what did you do for them? That's interesting!! Tell more about it!! :popcorn:

About GN'R, you might be setting up yourself for disappoinment or you've got enourmous expectations :lol:.... there's a show from 1993 in Saskatoon (Canada) that has popped up in full length to which you can watch on YouTube or download. It's a pro-shot show and no one knows why it suddelny leaked, but maybe you should just go watch it and do not ask too many questions, lol.

What kind of discussions? I'm curious now :P 

I was working for RTP (the host tv) at the Press Conference Room and at the Press Center. Basically I could receive the delegations with the musicians when they had press conferences or interviews, walk them on stage for it, scream at the fuckin journalists for ONLY take pics where it was due and not on the front of the stage (:anger:), arrange the tables and the number of chairs on stage, make sure the delegation members and the national press of the country who was on the press conference occupied the reserved sits at the first row and make sure the fuckin journalists didn't sit at those sits just to be closer and whatever it was needed at that area, really :P It was nice cause I got to meet all the performers and got to party with some of them later. And it was awful cause Eurovision it's a circus with some bad songs and now I have some of them stuck on my head and I sing them everyday :facepalm: Ah yeah ah yeah, ah yeah, yeah ah yeah ah yeah, FUEGO - don't ask :lol:

I didn't know that show had leaked. Niiiice! Have to check that out! I also found out that Steven is not the one playing on SOYL. So, again, I set up myself for disappointment. Oh, well, this band :facepalm: I thought they were starting to change once I was away. Guess not :P 

On 14/05/2018 at 1:50 AM, triad said:

Must have been a busy time, to be away from this forum.  :lol:  In brief, a box set for AFD was announced for pre-sale, with the stuff available in July.  There's a $1000 box set with a bunch of lithos, pins, picks, blah, blah, blah, a remastered AFD, demos, vinyls, and idk what else.  You can also order just the music on CD/DVD for like $130.  Here's the fancy "unboxing" video:  

Reveal hidden contents

In more exciting news, the Saskatoon Skin & Bones 1993 show was released for sale by some Japanese bootleggers.  Our fabulous friends on this forum have uploaded it in various incarnations, and it's amazing.  Link to full concert here: 

Reveal hidden contents

Other links for downloading the Saskatoon show various formats in OP at the thread below.  

Enjoy!

Oh thanks so much!!! That was very insightful! I don't find the AFD set-box very exciting and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be a hater of the AFD remaster. At least they released something and the pics from Axl's collection might be cool. BUT... I have to download that Saskatoon show before it goes away. Thanks again:hug:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

You can also change your gender just like that :lol::facepalm:

Say like, one day you wake up and feel like a man, then you go to the Civil Register and change your ID.

Voilá. Man. or... Woman. :rofl-lol:

There was a huge discussion in Portugal last month cause the parliament wanted to approve a law where people with 16 year old, with the permission of his parents, could change their gender on the ID. The law now says that you can do that at the age of 18 and with a medical report. They want to change the age and get rid of the medical report. The parliament approved it but the president has the power of veto and used it, so they have to present it again. In a few weeks they're gonna start with the euthanasia law, which is now forbidden in Portugal, but looks like it won't for much more time.

About the names. Very interesting what you said @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle! Here the justice goes after you for you to assume your child and provide him what it's due by the law, it's forbidden that on your ID appears icognito dad since the 70's. The only case where this happens is when the mother tells the court that it was a one night stand and she doesn't know who the father is. If she has a suspicious, even if it can be many men, they all are obliged to take a paternity test by the court.  So the baby has both a mothers name and a father name. Usually the father's name is the last one to appear, but the law says you can change the order, which means that you can have your mother's name as last name.

As for adoption, you can only adopt your wife/husband child if the father/mother of the child also agrees or if the father/mother of the child is forbidden by law to have contact with the kid (rape, abuse cases for example).

LOL @dgnr what an unpleasant job you had to do there! :P having to tame wild journalists and Eurovision contestant!!! What is left for the janitors, huh? :lol:

lolololol j/k! :hug:

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

There was a huge discussion in Portugal last month cause the parliament wanted to approve a law where people with 16 year old, with the permission of his parents, could change their gender on the ID.

I think we have a case here where a 9 years old boy got his new ID as a girl, with parents permission and responsibility :shrugs:

Not sure where I stand on this, really. Im baffled to know children can decide on their sexuality or gender with such conviction. When I was a kid I was so innocent... 

16 hours ago, Alja said:

I don`t consider myself as GNR nerd as many of you there - and I know that Dylan lived with them in some stage. Stephanie used the kid Axl totally loved to cause as much damage as possible, when the relationship with poster-boy didn`t went as expected. Axl was giant mess at the beginning of 90s (I guess he was craving for love and peace of soul so intensely he couldn`t recognize manipulation. Being harsh-honest also particularly blinds you, too).

As others have mentioned, they never lived together, at least not for more than a week or two at a time.  He bought a house for them in late 92, but he was on tour their entire relationship (which was also very on and off) and she was all over the world working. If you date a single parent you run the risk of forming an attachment to a child you may lose access to. Stephanie was under no obligation to let Axl continue to see Dylan and considering how bad the breakup was I find the notion she was unfair here baffling. 

Re whoever brought up the fidelity issue, you have GOT to be kidding 😂😂😂

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Angelica said:

Stephanie was under no obligation to let Axl continue to see Dylan and considering how bad the breakup was I find the notion she was unfair here baffling.

Re whoever brought up the fidelity issue, you have GOT to be kidding 😂😂😂

Two year old kid must remain with his mother, not with a violent guy who's not even his father. I can't understand why some people think Axl had any rights over that kid.... In what world do they live? :question:

Lol yeah, here is a picture of Ax, being faithful to Stephanie in 1992 :lol:

https://pin.it/sdvysutavz6rjn

(follow link, please, it's too gross to post here :facepalm:)

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Two year old kid must remain with his mother, not with a violent guy who's not even his father. I can't understand why some people think Axl had any rights over that kid.... In what world do they live? :question:

I think some people assume he was a more consistent presence in Dylan’s life than he possibly could have been, but even then it’s weird to me. 

There was an interview with Bach years ago where he reminisced about the elaborately themed orgies Axl would organize during the UYI tour...I’m sure he was just thinking of others and didn’t partake. 😂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Angelica said:

There was an interview with Bach years ago where he reminisced about the elaborately themed orgies Axl would organize during the UYI tour...I’m sure he was just thinking of others and didn’t partake. 😂

Oh. Baz has a book out, I have not read it yet but there's several GNR chapters. I think. It would be interesting to read what he had to say about that. Orgies? wow...

I know I’m about to be in the minority here, but if the guy I was dating didn’t got to at least one strip club with his boys I would think something was wrong with him. Of course I don’t want him to do it on a regular basis.....i’d have to knock his ass out then. But one or two times I can forgive. If Axl was indeed throwing orgies on a regular, then hell yeah the relationship should have definitely ended and Dylan shouldn’t have been witness to such behavior.

22 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I know I’m about to be in the minority here, but if the guy I was dating didn’t got to at least one strip club with his boys I would think something was wrong with him.

Why would you want your man going to those horrible places were women are exploited and at the risk of him bringing diseases to you? :question:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

And, as I mentioned, the child must be adopted to inherit from the step-father's will - so there's that.

It's all very confusing! ^_^

Are you sure about the bolded?  If the will said "my assets are to be split equally between my children", then a non-biological step-child could be left out.  But if the will said, "I leave 1/3 of my assets to step-child", then certainly step-child would get 1/3 of the assets.  

(P.S. I'm not a lawyer.)  

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I know I’m about to be in the minority here, but if the guy I was dating didn’t got to at least one strip club with his boys I would think something was wrong with him. Of course I don’t want him to do it on a regular basis.....i’d have to knock his ass out then. But one or two times I can forgive. If Axl was indeed throwing orgies on a regular, then hell yeah the relationship should have definitely ended and Dylan shouldn’t have been witness to such behavior.

It was when they were touring, Dylan wasn’t witness to anything. I mentioned it to illustrate the hypocrisy of slut-shaming Stephanie,

• Like 2

We know for a fact that Axl never considered being faithful because he cannot be in a relationship without seeing someone else. It was in the 80s when he said that and according to the strippers and orgies of UYI that obviously didn’t change. I never heard anyone slut-shame Axl.

Did you really discuss that Dylan should have been seeing Axl after the breake-up. I didn’t read that and I’m glad I didn’t. Maybe I just have the right people on mute. lol. Yeah, send the child of the the beater of his mother who is not his father. Great idea. :D

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Angelica said:

He bought a house for them in late 92

You mean the house in Malibu? It seems to me he bought that house a year or two before. From the MTV Kurt Loder interview where he is talking about why Adler was fired. And fighting Vince Neil in Atlantic City.  I think he was already living in Malibu before late 92

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

Sorry how is he being unfaithful in that picture ? Some people on here make out that there was constant violence in this relationship yet its pointed out he was on tour most of it and why would she have stayed  just asking