GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The question here is: Did they sell the shows without a release, new or old? They did. Would they need the box to sell the upcoming shows? I don't think so. These shows are their second round in Europe, like they did two rounds in America and sold the tickets. Moreover, most of these shows are at festivals, other bands will be there and GnR have been paid regardless of the ticket sales.

I don't think it's necessarily about selling tickets. It's about advertising for the corporation that is GnR. It's about getting good press (or any press at all).  Selling themselves. Selling their brand.  That's what you do in the entertainment industry. The shows will end at some point and the business team will want to keep making money off the brand. Most bands do it by creating new music and giving interviews about their current projects as a band. GnR doesn't do that. They need other ways to do it.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Heeeey! I was working on Eurovision for 2 weeks - don't diss it @killuridols, it was awesome :P - and  I didn't have the time or the correct device to check on this forum and thread. Thank Slash god for @Andy14 who kept me updated, I don't know what I would do without her in these two weeks with so much happening on the GNR world!! So here's a public shout out to her :wub: Anyway, I'm back, so can anyone please give me a short review of everything that leaked or was remastered this past two weeks? Thanks!

Must have been a busy time, to be away from this forum.  :lol:  In brief, a box set for AFD was announced for pre-sale, with the stuff available in July.  There's a $1000 box set with a bunch of lithos, pins, picks, blah, blah, blah, a remastered AFD, demos, vinyls, and idk what else.  You can also order just the music on CD/DVD for like $130.  Here's the fancy "unboxing" video:  

Spoiler

In more exciting news, the Saskatoon Skin & Bones 1993 show was released for sale by some Japanese bootleggers.  Our fabulous friends on this forum have uploaded it in various incarnations, and it's amazing.  Link to full concert here: 

Spoiler

Other links for downloading the Saskatoon show various formats in OP at the thread below.  

Enjoy!

There are 13 shows that are not festivals. You've got to fill those stadiums. And I agree with @beautifulanddamned about this being mostly advertising for the brand. Most big companies are always advertising their products, it is for keeping the brand in the minds of customers, otherwise, if you sleep in your laurels another one comes and swipes your customers. Never take clients for granted.

The second round of the NITL in Northamerica and Southamerica struggled with tickets sales. They were not sold out shows, so we have to see how they do in Europe now. I have not checked the sales, as I don't care, but I assume they have not been as successful as first round. Doesn't mean they will do bad, but a little help is always welcomed.

7 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I don't think it's necessarily about selling tickets. It's about advertising for the corporation that is GnR. It's about getting good press (or any press at all).  Selling themselves. Selling their brand.  That's what you do in the entertainment industry. The shows will end at some point and the business team will want to keep making money off the brand. Most bands do it by creating new music and giving interviews about their current projects as a band. GnR doesn't do that. They need other ways to do it.  

This, yes, I can agree with. But I thought the argument was about the purpose of the reissue being to sell the remaining shows.

Anyway, I think that the AFD reissue (and maybe future similar releases) may be their way to say farewell. Maybe they won't continue after this tour, apart from the odd show. I'm still surprised that Axl agreed to release this box, let alone that he was a part of it, opened his archive and gave his pictures etc.

Someone was asking in the Saskatoon show thread if this baby is Dylan.... The pictures appear right before they start the encore, around 1hr 55min of the YouTube video.... It is all blurry and I can't figure out if that's him. What do you think?

5af8f2ebb400a_04213-May-1823_18.jpg.abec0f37e52f2ea076c9aee5458ff6be.jpg

5af8f3055353f_04213-May-1823_17.jpg.0890f068c904c23cdc8f40eafdff354b.jpg

5af8f32594e73_04213-May-1823_16.jpg.1f8d890fc68e0637dcabd4ace326f8cf.jpg

I really don't understand all the hype and excitment about that 93 show. I'd rather watch L.A. Forum 91. About the baby pics, I don't know. At that time it was very important to Axl to take pictures of everyone around him. Because he would show those pictures to that Yoda person and that weird ass group in Arizona. And his issues with past life. I think it's related to that crap.

On 5/13/2018 at 2:04 PM, Padme said:

Long weird ass story. According to Zutaut one day Axl called him. He asked for help because Erin was having a breakdown. Axl didn't know how to handle it. Zutaut shows up at Axl's place. He takes Erin with him to his house. Later at some point Erin told Axl that Zutaut hit on her or something like it. Upon hearing the story it was Axl the one having breakdown :lol: So that was the end of his friendship with Zutaut. Fast forward to CD days. Axl and his new people were having a hard time finding the right drums sound. For some reason Axl wanted the sound of Dave Grohl drums for the songs. Somebody came up with the idea to bring Zutaut back. Axl agreed to do it. Axl and Zutaut had a meeting. Axl asked him about this Erin incident. Zutaut strongly denied. So Axl believed him. For this new partnership to work there was one condition: Zutaut shouldn't be nowhere near Slash. Zutaut agreed. But one day at the studio or Zutaut's office, the phone rings... It was Slash. That was the end of Axl and Zutaut colaboration. I got this from Zutaut interviews and Marc Canter.

Moral of the story... If Zutaut lie about his relationship with Slash. Chances are he lie about his flirting (or whatever it was) with Erin. However not so long ago Zutaut and Erin were friends on FB. This is something I saw with my own eyes.

Dat make looked like Zutaut was hitting on Axl's ex Wife N' Boyfriend

Foud this on twitter

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GingerHair said:

It does look like baby Dylan. I see the same almond shaped eyes.

dylanandaxl.jpg

I just assume that the clips are shots taken from Axl's dressing room, where he probably went before the Encore?

You're right. Kind of creepy though.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

You're right. Kind of creepy though.

Many people keep photos of their beloved ones around, at work, etc and I guess those who are away from home for a long time might take stuff just to make them feel more 'at home'. 

It looks weird because it's misplaced in a concert video, I think. Maybe it was just careless edit. 

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s creepy that Axl has the picture of a little child in his dressing room that is not his and who’s mom he abused while they had a relationship? 

9vSX.gif

Ppl were saying that he loved Dylan and wanted to adopted him. If that was true,  , then we should not be surprised by there pix

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 1:39 PM, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

I think half of the actors in Pitch Perfect could do a better job than Constantine. It's just sad, wish Steven found a better singer. And one smart enough to know what to say or not in an interview.

I would be interested in hearing Anna Kendrick or someone sing GnR.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:35 AM, Georgina Arriaga said:

In exactly 3 weeks the tour in Europe will begin...wow! How time has passed...in the meantime I hope you all enjoy Saskatoon (I love that name) because is really worthy.

Have a nice mother's day!!!!

I hope they're going to rehearse before going back on on tour, otherwise those first few shows will be rough.

28 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s creepy that Axl has the picture of a little child in his dressing room that is not his and who’s mom he abused while they had a relationship? 

9vSX.gif

Wow! We don't even know where those pictures coming from, it's just a guess by one board member...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Wow! We don't even know where those pictures coming from, it's just a guess by one board member...

True. So IF it’s true Axl had that pic in his dressing room I’d find it creepy. :P

2 hours ago, GingerHair said:

Many people keep photos of their beloved ones around, at work, etc and I guess those who are away from home for a long time might take stuff just to make them feel more 'at home'. 

It looks weird because it's misplaced in a concert video, I think. Maybe it was just careless edit. 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

9vSX.gif

We have no proof that these pics were in Axl's dressing room.... actually, I thought they were just a video, but regardless... when I say it is creepy, Im not thinking about the photo in a dressing room but basically because he was using that kid as a hostage for a relationship that ended up really bad.

Kid was not his and he made it sound like Stephanie was taking away his own son...... also about the adoption, another BS, Dylan always had his own father and he's got his father's last name so I don't know what Axl was trying to do but surely it would have caused some more drama.

Where did this adoption of Dylan info come from? I don't remember reading about it? Did Axl actually say he wanted to adopt him?

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Kid was not his and he made it sound like Stephanie was taking away his own son...... also about the adoption, another BS, Dylan always had his own father and he's got his father's last name so I don't know what Axl was trying to do but surely it would have caused some more drama.

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

Where did this adoption of Dylan info come from? I don't remember reading about it? Did Axl actually say he wanted to adopt him?

Honestly I dont know or I don't remember. Maybe some people assumed he wanted to do that because he was obsessed with the kid and talked of Dylan in a grandiose way :shrugs:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tori72 said:

9vSX.gif

Back in 91 we don't know if Dylan's father had any kind of relationship with his kid. Later at some point Stephanie moved to Axl's house with the kid. I remember that Marc Canter said here that he never met Stephanie. She wasn't around very much. But Beta and Dylan were. In Marc's view Axl was acting like a father. We don't know what could have been (regarding adoption) because Stephanie and Axl broke up. And it was a horrible brake up for all the wrong reasons. He never saw that kid again. And it was very painful for him. He couldn't get over it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What the heck is incomprehensible about loving a child which is not biologically yours? Like... my actual`s father 2nd wife loved me like daughter she never had and eventually defended me against him, even causing herself problems in relationship with my father. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Padme said:

Back in 91 we don't know if Dylan's father had any kind of relationship with his kid. Later at some point Stephanie moved to Axl's house with the kid. I remember that Marc Canter said here that he never met Stephanie. She wasn't around very much. But Beta and Dylan were. In Marc's view Axl was acting like a father. We don't know what could have been (regarding adoption) because Stephanie and Axl broke up. And it was a horrible brake up for all the wrong reasons. He never saw that kid again. And it was very painful for him. He couldn't get over it.

Oh I didn’t know he was living with the child that closely. That explains a lot of course.

Still the whole domestic violence against Stephanie and his other women creeps me out af. And there was a child present, if not in the same room. That creeps me out even more. To put pictures of that child that is not his into his videos is creepy to me, especially since the relationship was broken up before making those videos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Oh I didn’t know he was living with the child that closely. That explains a lot of course.

Still the whole domestic violence against Stephanie and his other women creeps me out af. And there was a child present, if not in the same room. That creeps me out even more. To put pictures of that child that is not his into his videos is creepy to me, especially since the relationship was broken up before making those videos.

Watch the making of Estranged. He explains it there. If you think about it. All three videos are really bizarre