GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Just now, Padme said:

Watch the making of Estranged. He explains it there. If you think about it. All three videos are really bizarre

Yes they are. I’ve already watched it but never catched that he was literally living with the child and being its caretaking and his mom being absent. 

However they lived or didn’t, I think it is bizarre to use pics and videos of a child that is not yours. I wonder if Stephanie allowed that. Maybe personal rights were different back then? 

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yes they are. I’ve already watched it but never catched that he was literally living with the child and being its caretaking and his mom being absent. 

However they lived or didn’t, I think it is bizarre to use pics and videos of a child that is not yours. I wonder if Stephanie allowed that. Maybe personal rights were different back then? 

I think Stephanie just wanted to close that chapter in her life, move on and forget about everything. I don't think she was interested in making a big deal about a few pictures.

The opening scene of Estranged. Axl is in Dylan's room whem police arrive at his house.

• Like 1

Well I'm going to be controversial, here I don't believe Stephanie was a truthful person where axl is concerned and I think axl was concerned for her son I think she enjoyed winding him up  and making sure he knew she'd not been faithful while he was on tour, I don't think she was a nice person and I think Erin wanted to say something about her a couple of years ago when Stephanie 's son posted something very mean in the end we are not there with these people so we have no real idea what happened and as far as I know we've never had axl's side 

I hope people don't get to mad it's just my opinion

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

I think Stephanie just wanted to close that chapter in her life, move on and forget about everything. I don't think she was interested in making a big deal about a few pictures.

The opening scene of Estranged. Axl is in Dylan's room whem police arrive at his house.

Yeah and he talks about how he fell asleep and found peace with the whole Dylan situation? Idk, I always suspected BS in that. I used to love and feel for Axl very much (before I learned about those domestic abuse cases, that is) and still that felt BS to me.

He went through important personal emotional stages while making that video? Best marketing ever. lol So all the little Axl girls can dream about him healing while they are watching. He was in his Yoda phase then so that makes most of what he says very BS-y and at the same time very grandiose to me. Maybe it is even true, you never know with Axl. :shrugs:

• Like 1

Axl is mentioned everywhere as harsh honest. He may be wrong, but honest. He can recognize and talk about his feelings to uncommon details (and even self-harming depth). On the other side, I`ve never heard anyone from the tight circle of the band saying anything nice about Stephanie (same people are not negative against others and don`t side Axl blindly, so there must be anything about it.). Some of you are so blinded by that domestic abuse thing (and man=evil, woman=victim simplification) that you can`t see how devastatingly can a woman behave if she decides to. I don`t consider myself as GNR nerd as many of you there - and I know that Dylan lived with them in some stage. Stephanie used the kid Axl totally loved to cause as much damage as possible, when the relationship with poster-boy didn`t went as expected. Axl was giant mess at the beginning of 90s (I guess he was craving for love and peace of soul so intensely he couldn`t recognize manipulation. Being harsh-honest also particularly blinds you, too).

Axl was self-searching because things in his life didn`t work, he was depressive, ways to handle situation he knew didn`t work, he was conscious he is pain in the ass even in 1988 or so and was willing to change it and find ways. Axl is philosopher type searching for answers most people just don`t ask (Slash`s bio for reference) and new-age was particularly answering for this, different from anything available for him at that times. If you ever saw his stage magic from short distance to gut-feel it, it explains why that new-age thingy. It may be really weird or total BS, if you are perfectly normal, that`s all.

Edited by Alja
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Axl`s BFF said:

Well I'm going to be controversial, here I don't believe Stephanie was a truthful person where axl is concerned and I think axl was concerned for her son I think she enjoyed winding him up  and making sure he knew she'd not been faithful while he was on tour, I don't think she was a nice person and I think Erin wanted to say something about her a couple of years ago when Stephanie 's son posted something very mean in the end we are not there with these people so we have no real idea what happened and as far as I know we've never had axl's side 

Nobody is saying Stephanie was a saint. And nobody forced her to be Axl's girlfriend. Celebrities in general for the most part tend to have unusual and weird private lives. Even if Stephanie was the worst person in the world. That doesn't mean Axl or anyone else has the right to beat her up.

If we don't have Axl's side. Maybe it is because there is no Axl's side. I think Axl has shown time and time again that he is incapable to see his own mistakes. And not just about issues in his personal life. 

Yes Erin has expressed that she doesn't like Stephanie. Her comments came after Stephanie had a car accident due to DUI. And her son mentioned words Axl used in a different context. That was really stupid what the kid did.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Padme said:

Isn't that fiction? I understood it as part of the story of the video :shrugs:

Never ever read that Stephanie moved in to Axl's house for real. My understanding is that they were occasionally together in the house and Dylan had his room but for obvious reasons, if he stayed over there for a couple days he needed a room of his own. But Axl was mostly on tour during the time he was with Stephanie, and she was working a lot too, Versace and all that.... It looks to me they didn't spend a long time, really and truly together, living at the same place for a considerable amount of time.

I think Axl exaggerated some aspects of his relationship with her and his relationship with the kid too.

2 hours ago, Axl`s BFF said:

If Stephanie was not faithful that is not a reason for beating her up. But the case is Axl was not faithful either. There's enough proof that he wasn't so I really don't understand why people are biased here...

• Like 3

Maybe. He was open in an extent which is really unusual to men, how many of them would tell publicly that they cry, that they are terrified, whatever. It`s social pressure on men not to express their feelings, their doubts, insecurities, fears, dependence, vulnerability... Axl in 90s went against this pressure and stereotypes and talked about his. He was laughed out as diva (or other interesting terms I never learned in school) and a man who can`t hold his sh*t together. He basically can`t defend himself in this society. He stayed publicly silent and although remained having his heart on his sleeve, he keeps it guarded now. Yes, there is Axl`s side, but not for public eyes.

No one has right to beat another being, be it a man, a woman, a child, an animal; yet it happens, it`s so simple primordial answer that there`s no way to definitely stop it. 

• Like 1

Axl is extreme kind of a person, he basically doesn`t exaggerate, he is it. In most honest form available. Go kids, buy tickets, stay in front rows, and enjoy. 

Edited by Alja
  • Like 2

Didn't she also attack him  and it was said she liked to provoke him, it's interesting no one in the band liked her, anyway it was a long time ago everyone moved on I hope axl is in a happy place these days maybe one day the complete truth will come out 💖

• Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

Didn't she also attack him  and it was said she liked to provoke him, it's interesting no one in the band liked her, anyway it was a long time ago everyone moved on I hope axl is in a happy place these days maybe one day the complete truth will come out 💖

Dude, stop trying to justify domestic violence. No one has a right to beat anyone else, no matter how provoking, hysterical or unfaithful they are.

I never heard anyone from the band saying anything about her, either good or bad. Slash is the only one who mentioned her, but in relation to Axl's songs, not about her as an individual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why are you  always so aggressive ? I'm not justifying anything I'm having an opinion just like you so please don't  lecture me  I don't scrutinize every aspect of any of their lives all I know is it was a long time ago and very much in axl's past

Any way I'm not interested to get into an argument with you over something that is very old news 💚

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Isn't that fiction? I understood it as part of the story of the video :shrugs:

Never ever read that Stephanie moved in to Axl's house for real. My understanding is that they were occasionally together in the house and Dylan had his room but for obvious reasons, if he stayed over there for a couple days he needed a room of his own. But Axl was mostly on tour during the time he was with Stephanie, and she was working a lot too, Versace and all that.... It looks to me they didn't spend a long time, really and truly together, living at the same place for a considerable amount of time.

I think Axl exaggerated some aspects of his relationship with her and his relationship with the kid too.

They moved together at some point in 92. But as you said GN'R was on tour. And Stephanie had her own commitments. I'm sure Axl exagerated things. Like when he claimed they were engaged :rolleyes: All the details are in People's magazine, RS magazine (The Lost Years), Playboy magazine (featuring Stephanie on the cover) and Beta's interview in RIR 2001

1 hour ago, Axl`s BFF said:

You mean the fight? What we know is that she was hosting a party at Axl's house. But he was against it. That's where the whole mess started. He wanted everyone to leave. Stephanie and him argued. And the argument turned violent. According to People's magazine he grabbed Stephanie by the hair and dragged her over some broken glasses. And she hit him in the balls. She said she was defending herself. And that was the end of their relationship. Although Axl tried to get her back afterwards.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Padme said:

You mean the fight? What we know is that she was hosting a party at Axl's house. But he was against it. That's where the whole mess started. He wanted everyone to leave. Stephanie and him argued. And the argument turned violent. According to People's magazine he grabbed Stephanie by the hair and dragged her over some broken glasses. And she hit him in the balls. She said she was defending herself. And that was the end of their relationship. Although Axl tried to get her back afterwards.

According to the people magazine article that fight happened Christmas or new year, they were still together after that, they broke up February and she got pregnant March. They didn't breakup because of the fight about the party 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

Why are you  always so aggressive ? I'm not justifying anything I'm having an opinion just like you so please don't  lecture me  I don't scrutinize every aspect of any of their lives all I know is it was a long time ago and very much in axl's past

Any way I'm not interested to get into an argument with you over something that is very old news 💚

I was not being agressive but when you ask rethorical questions like "didn't she attack him?" or say that she liked to provoke him, you are justifying the violence: she deserves to get beaten up for being unpleasant, for provoking him and for cheating on him. 

Yes, fortunately that is just your opinion.

Unfortunately, too many people think like you. Unfortunately, domestic violence it is not old news yet so I will jump in defense of any woman who has been or is a victim of it. I will not be silenced.

34 minutes ago, Padme said:

They moved together at some point in 92. But as you said GN'R was on tour. And Stephanie had her own commitments. I'm sure Axl exagerated things. Like when he claimed they were engaged :rolleyes: All the details are in People's magazine, RS magazine (The Lost Years), Playboy magazine (featuring Stephanie on the cover) and Beta's interview in RIR 2001

Yeah, I've read them all. Except Playboy mag, is that one anywhere online? I also remember the article from the Interview magazine, where they are both in the cover. That one interview he said many things about the relationship, I think.

About engagement, I guess he bought her a ring and then when they broke up, he asked for the ring back. LOL.

Is it common to give back engagement rings when you brake up the engagement? Never heard of that. Never broke up an engagement either :P

29 minutes ago, annabanana said:

According to the people magazine article that fight happened Christmas or new year, they were still together after that, they broke up February and she got pregnant March. They didn't breakup because of the fight about the party 

Yeah, but we don’t know. It might have taken her a while. I remember Beta’s story about Axl on a white horse (WTF anyway?) to make her come back to him. Was that before or after March, is it known?

Edited by Tori72

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I've read them all. Except Playboy mag, is that one anywhere online? I also remember the article from the Interview magazine, where they are both in the cover. That one interview he said many things about the relationship, I think.

About engagement, I guess he bought her a ring and then when they broke up, he asked for the ring back. LOL.

Don't know if that interview is still around. I only remember that she mentioned they would do groceries and cooking together.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Is it common to give back engagement rings when you brake up the engagement? Never heard of that. Never broke up an engagement either :P

Or never got a ring at all?? :ph34r:

I have no idea what are the social rules on that. We are so poor here, regular working class people doesn't do those silly shits, lol

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, but we don’t know. It might have taken her a while. I remember Beta’s story about Axl on a white horse (WTF anyway?) to make her come back to him. Was that before or after March, is it known?

I think the horse thing was to apologize for something he did but I don't think it was after March.

She was like one month pregnant of Brant by the time of the Saskatoon show. I think she was pretty much gone from Axl's life by then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, annabanana said:

I don't know the day and month. They broke up either in late 92 or early 93. It was a party Stephanie organized against Axl's wishes. And I don't when she started her relationship with Brant nor when she got pregnant. 

I found this interesting article on the 2009 highly publicized divorce of Stephanie and Brant (which later got dismissed):

[...] The couple were introduced, said friends, by Sante D’Orazio, a photographer and friend of Ms. Seymour who was part of a crowd of young, beautiful New Yorkers who frequented downtown clubs in the early 1990s. (Mr. D’Orazio declined to comment for this article.) To be sure, Mr. Brant was aware of Ms. Seymour’s party girl past; her exploits and relationships were chronicled by gossip columnists and celebrity magazines.

When she was 16, she dated John Casablancas, the founder of Elite Model Management, who was married at the time. She later lived with him briefly before breaking up. In 1989, she married the guitarist Tom Andrews (and separated from him in 1990) with whom she had a son, Dylan, in 1990.
But perhaps her most celebrated romance was with Axl Rose, the lead singer of Guns N’ Roses. (In the band’s 1992 music video “November Rain,” she portrayed a bride who dies.) That relationship ended badly in 1993 after he accused her of infidelity.

Mr. Brant met Ms. Seymour when he was married to Sandra Simms Brant, with whom he has five children. In 1995 he divorced Sandra after he had his first child with Ms. Seymour. (His former wife started a relationship with Interview’s editor at the time, Ingrid Sischy.)

Mr. Brant’s looks weren’t nearly as attention getting as Ms. Seymour’s — Vanity Fair once described him as a “taller, more dashing version of Buddy Hackett” — but Ms. Seymour seemed taken. “He’s strong, intelligent, sensitive,” she told People magazine in 1994, “and very masculine.”

Mr. Brant was smitten as well. “Peter would drop a business meeting” to see her, said Mr. Mugrabi, their friend. “He would do anything to accommodate Stephanie anyway he could. He would go to a movie in the afternoon. If she wanted to fly at 2 a.m. in the morning, he would fly at 2 a.m. in the morning.”

[...]

If Mr. Brant and Ms. Seymour were having trouble, they hid it well. Ms. Seymour’s divorce filing on March 24, 2009, came as a surprise to their friends and the media.
“It was a shock to me because we had Christmas in St. Bart’s,” Mr. Shafrazi said. “There was no sign of trouble. No fights.”

As recently as February of that year, the couple were photographed at a party at Elaine’s for Mr. McMullan, smiling and mingling with fellow guests. Indeed, gossip columnists didn’t find out until six weeks after the paperwork was filed.
But not everyone was shocked, including Mr. Andrews, Ms. Seymour’s first husband, who remains a friend of the couple. He said he believed that Ms. Seymour was attracted to Mr. Brant because he was family oriented and “a no-nonsense kind of guy” and that he provided “a safe haven.”

At the same time, he said, “Stephanie does what Stephanie wants to do.” That led to “an internal struggle over values about what that marriage was going to be,” he said, adding, “I know that people’s pride gets hurt, and covers get pulled, so they kind of lash out.”

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/fashion/22Brant.html

Before offer up my opinion, understand that it is just that and I am in no way, shape or form an Axl nut swinger.

We can speculate to death about what Axl or Stephanie did or didn’t do, but the fact of the matter is that we were not there to be eye witness to anything. All we have to go on is what the press tells us....and SURPRISE ladies, they lie to produce a better story. As far as Dylan is concerned, I guess Axl understood that Stephanie was a package deal so he went in with the knowledge that he couldn’t just love her, he had to love her child as well if they were going to have a future together. So, no it isn’t creepy that he had pictures of the young man because it showed he cared. And btw, even if they did both cheat, Stephanie kind of flaunted her affair...j/s

• Like 4

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

But not everyone was shocked, including Mr. Andrews, Ms. Seymour’s first husband, who remains a friend of the couple.

First time in my life I heard her ex husband was friend of her and Brant. I didn't have the foggiest idea about this :shock: So I guess that means despite her divorce from Andrews. They always were in good terms. And he was close with his son. In other words he never needed a step father.

19 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Before offer up my opinion, understand that it is just that and I am in no way, shape or form an Axl nut swinger.

We can speculate to death about what Axl or Stephanie did or didn’t do, but the fact of the matter is that we were not there to be eye witness to anything. All we have to go on is what the press tells us....and SURPRISE ladies, they lie to produce a better story. As far as Dylan is concerned, I guess Axl understood that Stephanie was a package deal so he went in with the knowledge that he couldn’t just love her, he had to love her child as well if they were going to have a future together. So, no it isn’t creepy that he had pictures of the young man because it showed he cared. And btw, even if they did both cheat, Stephanie kind of flaunted her affair...j/s

In the People's magazine interview we got the information from Erin and Stephanie. It wasn't something some reporter came up with. For the RS article they quoted some sources and others spoke in condition of annonymity. In both cases Axl was asked for coment. In the case of People Magazine a spokesperson only said Erin wanted money. In the case of RS, they claimed Axl was going to send them a statment but he never did. In other words we never got his side of the story. He was given the chance to do it. The lawsuits got settle.That's all we know

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

First time in my life I heard her ex husband was friend of her and Brant. I didn't have the foggiest idea about this :shock: So I guess that means despite her divorce from Andrews. They always were in good terms. And he was close with his son. In other words he never needed a step father.

In the People's magazine interview we got the information from Erin and Stephanie. It wasn't something some reporter came up with. For the RS article they quoted some sources and others spoke in condition of annonymity. In both cases Axl was asked for coment. In the case of People Magazine a spokesperson only said Erin wanted money. In the case of RS, they claimed Axl was going to send them a statment but he never did. In other words we never got his side of the story. He was given the chance to do it. The lawsuits got settle.That's all we know

Yep, and we will really never know the full truth.

1 minute ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Yep, and we will really never know the full truth.

Yes, but that doesn't mean those reporters are liars. They can't report Axl's side of the story if he doesn't speak to them