GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

15 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

In exactly 3 weeks the tour in Europe will begin...wow! How time has passed...in the meantime I hope you all enjoy Saskatoon (I love that name) because is really worthy.

Have a nice mother's day!!!!

I am waaaay more excited about Saskatoon (it's amazing!) than the box set. :headbang:Hope it motivates the band to come back stripped down and powerful for the shows next summer (I will be on their first show in Berlin)

For my mother's day, I asked to be left alone and bought tickets to watch Infinity War tonight. 

2 hours ago, GingerHair said:

The way he mentioned her on the AC/DC show and the SCOM litho make me hope it's the case.

She also seems to be in peace with him (even much more than I'd imagine) and she moved on with her life, which is great! 

It is a sad story.  Hope Axl has changed,  but from this article it is clear that he still feels sth to her. Sometimes I got caught myself thinking that maybe they are nowdays much more close than we think....🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Zutaut's version about his falling out with Axl in 2001 is that it was because of a movie screening that was supposed to be private, not because of receiving a phone call from Slash. He's implying that Beta or someone from Axl's close circle set him up. It's possible that Beta didn't want him around.

I'm sure there were other problems because a lot of people came and went during the making of CD. However Marc Canter said that a Slash phone call pissed Axll off. He asked Zutaut to stay away from Slash. Clearly some relationship was there. So that was the end of Zutaut colaboration with Axl. 

5 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, there are rumours that Axl is the one who leaked it. :lol:  But then I think, why?  Why would you charge 1k for a box set and then release an entire show for free?  So, I don't really believe it.  Whoever it was, I'm sure grateful! 

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

How would that promote the box? Sorry, I don’t see a reason for Axl leaking it as @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle mentioned. But then again it’s GnR management... lol

I didn't say this is to promote the box. I think it could be to promote the tour... isn't about to start in 3 weeks?

None of this is Axl, though. That's TB and their brilliant ideas. They did similar things before and have used fans/people to leak CD, for example.

Just now, killuridols said:

I didn't say this is to promote the box. I think it could be to promote the tour... isn't about to start in 3 weeks?

None of this is Axl, though. That's TB and their brilliant ideas. They did similar things before and have used fans/people to leak CD, for example.

That would be a bad idea indeed. I fear the show might be a disappointment after having watched Saskatoon for 3 weeks :scared:

I wonder if they'll react at all. If I'm correct, they've already had the demos removed (it's become obvious now why) and the Paris promo tapes (why? For future release?). If they don't react at all now, that might indicate they're behind this?

16 minutes ago, Lio said:

That would be a bad idea indeed. I fear the show might be a disappointment after having watched Saskatoon for 3 weeks :scared:

:rofl-lol:

They didnt think releasing SOYL was a bad idea either! In fact, they love using all the old stuff (music, imagery, tour) to draw attention to the half-assed reunion. 

At this point it's such a mess that even fans dont care anymore who's old, who's new, who's missing, if Axl weights 300 pounds or looks like in the Saskatoon video :lol:... This is confusion marketing at its finest. 

Edited by killuridols

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:rofl-lol:

They didnt think releasing SOYL was a bad idea either! In fact, they love using all the old stuff (music, imagery, tour) to draw attention to the half-assed reunion. 

At this point it's such a mess that even fans dont care anymore who's old, who's new, who's missing, if Axl weights 300 pounds or looks like in the Saskatoon video :lol:... This is confusion marketing at its finest. 

In my opinion is not bad. We have things that a month ago didn't have.

Shadow of your love simply gave them an idea about the possibilities....and if Axl and company released that  Saskatoon video...what's wrong with that?...is for free. And the box set draw attention for this reunion? The tour is over...that would have been the case if it were released two years before.

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

In my opinion is not bad. We have things that a month ago didn't have.

Shadow of your love simply gave them an idea about the possibilities....and if Axl and company released that  Saskatoon video...what's wrong with that?...is for free. And the box set draw attention for this reunion? The tour is over...that would have been the case if it were released two years before.

Im not saying any of it is bad... Just describing what I THINK it is, but I could be well just talking out of my ass, which wouldn't be the first time either :lol:

People are wondering why that 1993 show is out now... I have not wondered about it, to be honest, I don't care what they do anymore... I have not even rushed to buy the AFD box set, as I would have done before. I don't even know if I will get it. I'm immune to their marketing, so far.

And tour isn't over. It is about to start. They recently added more dates for November. They have to be promoted in one way or another, there are plenty of tickets to sell yet.

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Im not saying any of it is bad... Just describing what I THINK it is, but I could be well just talking out of my ass, which wouldn't be the first time either :lol:

People are wondering why that 1993 show is out now... I have not wondered about it, to be honest, I don't care what they do anymore... I have not even rushed to buy the AFD box set, as I would have done before. I don't even know if I will get it. I'm immune to their marketing, so far.

And tour isn't over. It is about to start. They recently added more dates for November. They have to be promoted in one way or another, there are plenty of tickets to sell yet.

The tour is over. We only have a bunch of dates in Europe and a ramdon date in november....Slash is getting ready to tour with his solo band. 

• Confused 1

It's weird- both the re-release and the new pro-shot are both great advertisements for the new GnR and terrible , terrible reminders of how this is not the same band at all.  

There are two entirely different versions of GNR- the version that lasted up until the Spaghetti Incident and the NITL version. One was an actual rock band with talent and drama and attitude and line-up changes but they were always a great rock band. The other is a corporation and marketing machine that plays music sometimes. When I think of it that way, it makes all of their current choices easier to take and understand. I come here still because I love when the first version comes up- that version was always, always interesting- that pro-shot is great. And, well, the second version is boring as hell (Oh my God, so boring) but fun to mock and if Slash's balls fall out of his pants I want to know about it for some reason.  

Selling out the old version to advertise the new is something they have done since NITL started, but for some reason the latest mash-up seems a little more unsavory to me. Maybe because it's clear that they didn't re-release Appetite during its 30th anniversary because they wanted to use it to advertise the upcoming shows after a lengthy break from GnR INC. They knew they wouldn't be giving any interviews or have anything new to release- but they wanted some good publicity.  Granted, "Come see a way worse version of this awesome band!" seems like a not-so-great advertisement but people are kind of stupid.

• GNFNR 1

I don't know if Axl or TB leaked the Saskatoon show - I don't think they did, it doesn't make sense. Probably there are other people who have copies of some of the shows (someone from the filming crew, for example) and for some reason they decided to leak it now.

But it doesn't seem that Axl has a problem with leaks of old shows. The Saskatoon show has been shared on Jarmo's forum too, as well as other bootlegs (there is a bootlegs section like on all other GnR forums). I don't think Jarmo would allow that if Axl wasn't okay with these bootlegs being shared.

23 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The tour is over. We only have a bunch of dates in Europe and a ramdon date in november....Slash is getting ready to tour with his solo band. 

Ok, tour is over.

Everybody who's got tickets to see GN'R in Europe in the next months.... you're not seeing them, it's an hologram :lol:

5 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

It's weird- both the re-release and the new pro-shot are both great advertisements for the new GnR and terrible , terrible reminders of how this is not the same band at all.  

There are two entirely different versions of GNR- the version that lasted up until the Spaghetti Incident and the NITL version. One was an actual rock band with talent and drama and attitude and line-up changes but they were always a great rock band. The other is a corporation and marketing machine that plays music sometimes. When I think of it that way, it makes all of their current choices easier to take and understand. I come here still because I love when the first version comes up- that version was always, always interesting- that pro-shot is great. And, well, the second version is boring as hell (Oh my God, so boring) but fun to mock and if Slash's balls fall out of his pants I want to know about it for some reason.  

Selling out the old version to advertise the new is something they have done since NITL started, but for some reason the latest mash-up seems a little more unsavory to me. Maybe because it's clear that they didn't re-release Appetite during its 30th anniversary because they wanted to use it to advertise the upcoming shows after a lengthy break from GnR INC. They knew they wouldn't be giving any interviews or have anything new to release- but they wanted some good publicity.  Granted, "Come see a way worse version of this awesome band!" seems like a not-so-great advertisement but people are kind of stupid.

Well, I don't think they are boring..I enjoy the hell out of this tour, it's just a matter of taste and expectations. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Well, I don't think they are boring..I enjoy the hell out of this tour, it's just a matter of taste and expectations. 

True. Truthfully, I only find it 95% boring. 5% interesting.

2% Adler showing up

2% Izzy freaking out

1% Slash's balls popping out of his pants

Those parts were, admittedly, pretty fun.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Laugh whatever you want...we are in the final, final stages of a very succesful tour....

What do you want me to say? :shrugs:

I can only laugh because you insist on expressing yourself under assumptions you've made. Tour is not over, in spite of what you think might be the last leg of the tour.

Recently, they added Iceland, Abu Dabhi and Phillipines. Nothing tells me they will not add more dates in January, February or any other month of 2019.

Reality is that they have not announced the end of the tour. Or did I miss it? :question:

Edited by killuridols

40 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

In my opinion the reissue was delayed for the exact opposite reason (plus, probably, initial reluctance on Axl's part). They didn't want to create confusion about the current band, they wanted the public to take it as it is. They also wanted to avoid comparisons and expectations. They could sell the NITL shows without the box anyway, and they can sell the few remaining shows. They did NA and SA twice, and now they're doing Europe for the second time (and likely Asia/Australia). That's why they're releasing the box towards the end of the tour.

Some of the information on Mitch Lafon's tweets turned out to be wrong: the release date (he said it was scheduled for autumn) and the inclusion of early shows in the box. Troccoli said that the plans about the box changed at some point. Probably Mitch Lafon's sources were dated and he knew about the initial plan, which was to release the box after the tour was over. It's possible that the label rushed the release, and that's why they didn't include live material and maybe they kept it for future releases.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What do you want me to say? :shrugs:

I can only laugh because you insist on expressing yourself under assumptions you've made. Tour is not over, in spite of what you think might be the last leg of the tour.

Recently, they added Iceland, Abu Dabhi and Phillipines. Nothing tells me they will not add more dates in January, February or any other month of 2019.

Reality is that they have not announced the end of the tour. Or did I miss it? :question:

Phillipines is fake date. 

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

In my opinion the reissue was delayed for the exact opposite reason (plus, probably, initial reluctance on Axl's part). They didn't want to create confusion about the current band, they wanted the public to take it as it is. They also wanted to avoid comparisons and expectations. They could sell the NITL shows without the box anyway, and they can sell the few remaining shows. They did NA and SA twice, and now they're doing Europe for the second time (and likely Asia/Australia). That's why they're releasing the box towards the end of the tour.

Some of the information on Mitch Lafon's tweets turned out to be wrong: the release date (he said it was scheduled for autumn) and the inclusion of early shows in the box. Troccoli said that the plans about the box changed at some point. Probably Mitch Lafon's sources were dated and he knew about the initial plan, which was to release the box after the tour was over. It's possible that the label rushed the release, and that's why they didn't include live material and maybe they kept it for future releases.

I don't know... creating confusion about the current band doesn't seems to bother them in the slightest, in fact I would bet management loves it.  Did they even announce the current line-up before the Troubadour show? The show they celebrated with this:

Doesn't seem like they cared about people taking the band as it is at any point. In fact, they seemed to encourage the confusion at the beginning. Made for good business, I'm sure.

• GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Heeeey! I was working on Eurovision for 2 weeks - don't diss it @killuridols, it was awesome :P - and  I didn't have the time or the correct device to check on this forum and thread. Thank Slash god for @Andy14 who kept me updated, I don't know what I would do without her in these two weeks with so much happening on the GNR world!! So here's a public shout out to her :wub: Anyway, I'm back, so can anyone please give me a short review of everything that leaked or was remastered this past two weeks? Thanks!

Heeeeey!!! :headbang:

I was really wondering where you were and why you weren't jumping on certain discussions here that you oftenly like to participate of :P

LOL, I don't diss the Eurovision thing, I have no idea to even judge it but it happened that TVE (Televisión Española) modified their programming to show the final and well, some things I usually watch in that channel were cancelled thanks to... hah... Eurovision :rolleyes:

But OMG what did you do for them? That's interesting!! Tell more about it!! :popcorn:

About GN'R, you might be setting up yourself for disappoinment or you've got enourmous expectations :lol:.... there's a show from 1993 in Saskatoon (Canada) that has popped up in full length to which you can watch on YouTube or download. It's a pro-shot show and no one knows why it suddelny leaked, but maybe you should just go watch it and do not ask too many questions, lol.

42 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I don't know... creating confusion about the current band doesn't seems to bother them in the slightest, in fact I would bet management loves it.  Did they even announce the current line-up before the Troubadour show? The show they celebrated with this:

Doesn't seem like they cared about people taking the band as it is at any point. In fact, they seemed to encourage the confusion at the beginning. Made for good business, I'm sure.

Of course they played the nostalgia card, and they did it more heavily in the beginning to create hype, although the press release in January 2016 had called it a "regrouping" of Axl, Slash and Duff only (Axl called it a reunion at China Exchange, though).

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-axl-slash-duff/

Later there were those promo clips rewriting the history of the band as the history of Axl, Slash and Duff only.

The question here is: Did they sell the shows without a release, new or old? They did. Would they need the box to sell the upcoming shows? I don't think so. These shows are their second round in Europe, like they did two rounds in America and sold the tickets. Moreover, most of these shows are at festivals, other bands will be there and GnR have been paid regardless of the ticket sales.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2