Steven Adler in Argentina

6 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Adler and izzy aren't "in this" because of their own actions. You should direct your anger at them as they fucked this up for you not Axl, Slash or Duff, who, for no other reason than to do something for the fans and Steven offered him a opportunity (no matter how limited). Steven isn't selling any tickets! They did it for him and the fans, no other reason. And to be fair, if Steven had played 3 songs per show you would want more. You want what you want and won't be happy until you get it.

And what actions are those? If you're going to make a comment like that you should at least back it up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Funny, really, that for such a great drummer he can't get a job in a band that isn't "Adler " or something, wonder why?. But that is probably not his fault, of course, this is pop corn! What a sweet guy!

This was true, why nobody want such great drummer like Steven? Even his buddies Slash and Duff keep ignoring him and pick Matt? Slash/Adler and the Conspirators would be great too, why Slash picks some no name instead of Adler whom i pretty sure would be grateful if invited to play with his old pals is mind boggling. I'm pretty sure Adler is almost as cheap as that SMKC drummer guy. Same price, double times the talent, guaranteed more support from AFD purist, why Slash missed this deals?

Edited by Magnus Cavalerra
  • Like 1

Why do you care if they sell out stadiums or not? Is Axl giving you a cut of it?

what matters is that Steven and Izzy have huge contributions to the band and are equally GNR as Axl/Slash/Duff

4 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

This was true, why nobody want such great drummer like Steven? Even his buddies Slash and Duff keep ignoring him and pick Matt? Slash/Adler and the Conspirators would be great too, why Slash picks some no name instead of Adler whom i pretty sure would be grateful if invited to play with his old pals is mind boggling. I'm pretty sure Adler is almost a cheap as that SMKC drummer guy. Same price, double times the talent, guaranteed more support from AFD purist, why Slash missed this deals?

Because Slash's side projects or his solo band was not Guns N Roses

Like how Axl's solo band was not Guns N Roses even though he prostituted the name

Btw Brent Snape Fitz is way better than Frank and even better than Matt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

This was true, why nobody want such great drummer like Steven? Even his buddies Slash and Duff keep ignoring him and pick Matt? Slash/Adler and the Conspirators would be great too, why Slash picks some no name instead of Adler whom i pretty sure would be grateful if invited to play with his old pals is mind boggling. I'm pretty sure Adler is almost a cheap as that SMKC drummer guy. Same price, double times the talent, guaranteed more support from AFD purist, why Slash missed this deals?

Good points... Adler had a chance with AC/DC back in the day also (after guns), but that went south too. Again, I'm not shitting on him here, he is a good drummer, but people act like his shit doesn't stink. I saw one post on here calling him "a good soldier", wtf? He's made this bed for himself, but despite that, GN'R extended their hand and let him play some of the biggest shows of his life again, they didn't have to do that, they did if for him and the fans. That's clear as he doesn't sell tickets, but no one here is saying how cool of GN'R to do that. Again, it comes down to people wanting what they want and if they don't get it everyone is evil. These guys don't care about Steven, they care about themselves and their enjoyment. The same guys who fought for slash all these years now call him out, again, because they want what they want and nothing else. Fair weather fans.

19 minutes ago, Słash said:

Why do you care if they sell out stadiums or not? Is Axl giving you a cut of it?

what matters is that Steven and Izzy have huge contributions to the band and are equally GNR as Axl/Slash/Duff

I don't care what they sell out or don't... maybe read my point instead of making your own point and attributing it to me. 

Steven was fired and Izzy quit, they still get their royalty payments but they are not in the GNR partnership. They are rewarded for their contributions. They are not owed anything and clearly they are not as much GNR as Slash, Duff and Axl are for the people who go to the shows. GNR have one of the biggest tours in the world now without out them, how much bigger would it be with izzy and Adler? It's clear to most people who go to the shows that GNR is AXL and SLASH. You don't have to like it or agree with it (I don't), but that's why people are going to these shows. 

facts are facts and logic is logic and that is hard to find with some of you.

i love izzy and Steven, my problem is with the same morons who have been around for years crying for not getting their own way. I'm not calling you that, just speaking generally. Peace!

Edited by MADDOGJONES

3 minutes ago, Słash said:

Because Slash's side projects or his solo band was not Guns N Roses

Like how Axl's solo band was not Guns N Roses even though he prostituted the name

Btw Brent Snape Fitz is way better than Frank and even better than Matt. 

VR is also not GNR but Slash still bring Duff and Matt. Why Slash can't bring one his buddies to SMKC too? And why Slash only utilize Adler on some joke song about woman who can't drive on 20+ years of his solo career?

Brent Fitz is the Fortus of SMKC, highly talented touring musician yet almost nobody cares. You can replace him with other person nobody would notice.

5 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Good points... Adler had a chance with AC/DC back in the day also (after guns), but that went south too. Again, I'm not shitting on him here, he is a good drummer, but people act like his shit doesn't stink. I saw one post on here calling him "a good soldier", wtf?

He has more than 20 years to redeem himself but failed miserably. That is very much long ass time you can get less for murdering people.

4 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

VR is also not GNR but Slash still bring Duff and Matt. Why Slash can't bring one his buddies to SMKC too? And why Slash only utilize Adler on some joke song about woman who can't drive on 20+ years of his solo career?

Brent Fitz is the Fortus of SMKC, highly talented touring musician yet almost nobody cares. You can replace him with other person nobody would notice.

Cause VR was also a side project

but this is supposedly a Guns N Roses reunion

like that Duff and Slash backstabbed Matt too, they chose someone like Frank over Matt, it doesnt means Matt is not a good drummer

20 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Oh, ok. You're right, how stupid of me! How sweet it was of Axl, Duff and Slash to throw Izzy some scraps on their multi-million dollar tour. What an asshole Izzy is for not immediately bending over and accepting what they offered him. :rolleyes:

Izzy's a founding member of Guns N' Roses, to offer him a guest role on this tour for chump change was an insult no matter how you look at it. There is absolutely no reason why Izzy shouldn't have been offered something in the same ballpark as Duff. I don't know if you've noticed but Duff wasn't exactly selling out stadiums before this tour either. Duff isn't a draw or selling tickets and yet there he is... Practically earning equal pay to the other two.

Nobody here thinks Steven is an innocent little angel that needs to be coddled. Steven has done some fucked up shit over the years but so has each and every member of the band. Does he not deserve another chance? Why does Axl & Slash get chance after chance but Steven is permanently banished to the dog house? Has Steven not proven that he's willing to put in the work to earn his spot back? He's clean & sober, he's practiced for two years (AFD & UYI's material), kept his mouth shut all of last year trying to please the big three and yet you all still can't give him another shot... How can you be a fan of GNR and not see how ridiculous that is?

As for the "they're not needed" comments. You've got them there, for the moment anyway. The current lineup has done well without them. But what about long term? The hardcore fans are getting fed up with the lack of new music and the casual "going to the show because it's the trendy thing to do right now" fans will get bored soon enough. So where does that leave them in a few years? Do you really think the current lineup will continue to sell out stadiums without new music or a proper AFD5 reunion? I doubt it. :no:

Yeah dude, there is ONE reason he should not have been offered something similar to Duff. He is not in the GNR partnership, he sold his share. Why is so hard for you to get that? He left the band and he company. It's done.

Why are you comparing Duffs shows to Adler or izzy? It's Irrelvant, Duff is a partner in GNR. He didn't sell shit. Get your ducks in line before you waste my time and everyone else's who reads this nonsense.

He wasn't offered a guest role, he was offered to play full time, he turned it down because the money wasn't enough. They then offered him a guest spot for chump change ($50,000) per show). Sucks to be him right? 

Your problem is you are emotionally bias, I'm not going to argue emotions with you because no one will win. You won't accept facts so I guess this is pretty much over. Ym

The hardcore fans? Are you being serious? The hardcore fans are at the shows having fun, camping out in the street for a week, not crying into a keyboard about things they can't change! Don't inflate your importance, you ain't changing shit.

I don't care if they sell our stadiums or not, I'm not their manager. Why do you care so much about their bottom line? You getting a cut? If so throw some chump change my way. 

Oh and if you think the "hardcore" fans are the ones filling these stadiums I got a bridge to sell you. 

GNR will be just fine without Steven and Izzy. If that works out one day, great! But of course, people will complain about something else. Strange fan base GNR have.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Słash said:

like that Duff and Slash backstabbed Matt too, they chose someone like Frank over Matt, it doesnt means Matt is not a good drummer

They're not stabbed anyone, they just come back to fill the vacant position.

If Frank was out alongside Tommy and Bumble and then they proceed to pick some entirely new guy, you probably can call it stabbing.

They only stabbed Teddy Zig Zag because they pick Melissa to replace Pitman.

Edited by Magnus Cavalerra

15 minutes ago, Słash said:

This wasn't advertised as a reunion of anything other than slash, Duff and axl. You don't get to make up your own things and then present that as a legit argument. I mean, you do, because we live in that world now, but you know that isn't true, and you will get called on it. 

I will give you one shot... cite me one peice of advertising from GNR that stated this was a reunion of the appetite line up, just one and I will say sorry and delete my account here...

47 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Duff isn't a draw or selling tickets and yet there he is... Practically earning equal pay to the others.

If you think duff is getting equal pay you have not read the partnership agreement. I would suggest you check that out before posting misleading statements. 

2 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

If you think duff is getting equal pay you have not read the partnership agreement. I would suggest you check that out before posting misleading statements. 

The key word there would be practically. ;) Relax, dude. You're going to have a stroke soon.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

They're not stabbed anyone, they just come back to fill the vacant position.

If Frank was out alongside Tommy and Bumble and then they proceed to pick some entirely new guy, you probably can call it stabbing.

They only stabbed Teddy Zig Zag because they pick Melissa to replace Pitman.

Poor teddy! Where is the support for teddy? ? No one has teddies sense of rhythm or swing! Teddy is GNR! 

I promise you, if izzy and Steve return that will be next thing they want, then Tracy and Roberta! Axl and tommy said it best. "This isn't have it your way" and "get on board or fuck off".

I guess some people have no shame, I wouldn't hang around where I wasn't wanted, hoping one day it changes to something I like.

Edited by MADDOGJONES

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

The key word there would be practically. ;) Relax, dude. You're going to have a stroke soon.

Okay... cool what percent is he getting? Axl and Slash are not getting the same so I don't understand how Duff is "practically" getting equal pay to two people who are not getting equal pay. Oh and cut out the stroke stuff, Steven wouldn't like that, show some respect.

@Kris_1989 dude if don't dig the current thing that's fine, but I don't see the logic in throwing Axl, Slash and Duff under the bus. Adler was good on appetite, of course he was!  I disagree with anyone says otherwise... but credit where credit is due, he didn't write the songs, they are good songs with or without him.

I'm not gonna comment on the whole Steven in Argentina thing since to me it feels weird to do that without knowing Slash's, Axl's or Duff's side of the story.

But I do however want to comment on the fact that people seem to forget that this tour never was branded as a reunion, it's always been branded as Duff and Slash rejoining the band.

The promos said "They're back". On social media they say things like "first time in 23 years" referencing that the last time Duff, Slash and Axl played there was 23 year ago, that was 3 years after Steven got fired and 2 years after Izzy left . The promos and the GN'R social media never once used the word reunion etc. 

Sure, we see this as a reunion and we all would want a real reunion to include Izzy and Steven, but the fact of the matter is that Slash and Duff just rejoined GN'R, and personally I'm perfectly fine with that.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I'm not saying it should be, in fact I wouldn't even like to see Frank Ferrer making decisions on behalf of Guns N' Roses. I don't know which fans think they can dictate anything, as far as I know fans express their opinions and feelings here, that doesn't mean they expect the band to do what they say. I would probably think you're crazy if the real band was back together and you were asking for other people but it wouldn't upset me at all. In fact, if AFD5 were together, I would be to happy to get upset about anything. About that comparisson, it doesn't make sense to me and it wouldn't even with Izzy honestly. Besides the fact that Steven is an original member and Robin isn't, there's the fact of how much it means to Steven to get to play with his old friends in Guns N' Roses. Robin quit twice, he couldn't care any less. So no, I wouldn't feel sad about anyone else as I felt for Steven but still yes, I would think it's a shitty thing to do to make someone travel over 10 hours to play 5 minutes, even if it was Chris Pitman.

I think it's clear her question wasn't like questioning whether or not you like the band. It was more like why would you bother joining the forum only to fight all the forum members? I don't think you hate GNR but it's curious that (as far as I've seen at least) you haven't posted anything expressing your opinion about the band, how things are going or anything, all your energy was put into fighting. I'm sure you can post more productive or positive stuff, especially since you're one of those who are very happy with the band right now. 

I don't care if someone feels one way or another. I've said no such thing. You want Steven back? Great! But what's with all the name calling of slash, duff and axl?  I want Steven back, he isn't , so fuck those guys, right? 

Who cares how much it means to Steven? The band need to make decisions on the feelings of Steven or the fan base will throw a fit? They gave Steven a great experience they didn't have to do that and the fans and he will be very lucky if that happens again now.

Well who cares if finck is an original or not? Your opinion isn't more valid than the person wanting finck back. Whether you or whoever likes it or not guns is more than just appetite and people like different line ups and different members. The "real gnr" is a matter of opinion not fact. So to throw "real gnr" members under the bus (axl, slash or duff) who contributed more than Steven ever has is BS, it's the same old nonsense we saw through the cd era, but far more surprising to me now than it was then, since all people wanted back then was slash back. Now they have him they want more and more. People are already bitching about the shows, but I don't hear much from the people who were actually at the shows and had a great time.

4 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Regardless, they offered them to come back, but they fucked it up for you. They aren't there because they chose to not be there, they were given the opportunity. But let's all just blame evil Axl instead.

So and by not accepting whatever Axl/Slash/Duff were offering them, they fucked it up? We know that they offered Steven 2 songs at select shows and Izzy a minor cut, even though the show mostly is based on his songs. Why exactly should they accept that??? Just because they walked away/were fired 25 years ago? Slash and Duff also walked away and still they supposedly get what Axl is getting. Why should it be different for the other two, just because they walked earlier? This tour is founded on what all 5 of them did together 30 years ago.

8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

So and by not accepting whatever Axl/Slash/Duff were offering them, they fucked it up? We know that they offered Steven 2 songs at select shows and Izzy a minor cut, even though the show mostly is based on his songs. Why exactly should they accept that??? Just because they walked away/were fired 25 years ago? Slash and Duff also walked away and still they supposedly get what Axl is getting. Why should it be different for the other two, just because they walked earlier? This tour is founded on what all 5 of them did together 30 years ago.

I don't know how many times I have to say this. They don't get the same because they are not in the partnership. Duff and slash didn't walk away from the partnership, they retained their respective splits. Steven was never in the partnership and was FIRED, izzy sold his share. What is hard to understand about that? Are Facebook and apple giving away their shares to people who were fired or were bought out? What business is doing that right now? 

The show is mostly based on izzy songs? Mostly? As in most of the songs they play are izzy songs? How can you say that when it isn't true. Please get back to me with some proof that they play mostly izzy songs. 

Just now, MADDOGJONES said:

I don't know how many times I have to say this. They don't get the same because they are not in the partnership. Duff and slash didn't walk away from the partnership, they retained their respective splits. Steven was never in the partnership and was FIRED, izzy sold his share. What is hard to understand about that? Are Facebook and apple giving away their shares to people who were fired or were bought out? What business is doing that right now? 

The show is mostly based on izzy songs? Mostly? As in most of the songs they play are izzy songs? How can you say that when it isn't true. Please get back to me with some proof that they play mostly izzy songs. 

Sorry, but that is legal mumbo jumbo. None of us knows their legal arrangements. None of us knows if it was possible for Izzy to leave the band (touring and recording) and yet retain his legal partnership or if leaving also meant, he had to give up his partnership. None of us knows how or why it was possible for Duff and Slash to walk away (stop touring and recording), but retain their legal partnership (was there something changed in the time between Izzy's and Slash/Duff's splits). But the understanding is, that Axl created a new legal entity, so he could continue with GNR. So maybe it was possible for them, but not for Izzy? I don't know and I doubt anyone else here knows, so I'm kinda tired of people holding that against him. And when I say "his songs", I mean songs he was involved in helping creating, as in the Appetite and UYI songs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Sorry, but that is legal mumbo jumbo. None of us knows their legal arrangements. None of us knows if it was possible for Izzy to leave the band (touring and recording) and yet retain his legal partnership or if leaving also meant, he had to give up his partnership. None of us knows how or why it was possible for Duff and Slash to walk away (stop touring and recording), but retain their legal partnership (was there something changed in the time between Izzy's and Slash/Duff's splits). But the understanding is, that Axl created a new legal entity, so he could continue with GNR. So maybe it was possible for them, but not for Izzy? I don't know and I doubt anyone else here knows, so I'm kinda tired of people holding that against him. And when I say "his songs", I mean songs he was involved in helping creating, as in the Appetite and UYI songs.

The details of the partnership are a matter of public record, they were released into the public domain during a law suit against Axl from slash and duff. If you are interested in facts you should search out that mumbo jumbo instead of pretty much accusing me of lying, despite you clearly not being informed on the matter.

i don't care if he HAD to sell his partnership stake or not, we aren't talking about that, the fact remains that he did and accepted that and took the money. Deal done, case closed, more than 20 years ago. I haven't heard izzy complaining about selling his partnership and he still retains all of his publishing and royalties. So what is the point? Are you claiming izzy was stiffed out of the partnership? That they fucked him over and that they should forget they paid him for his share and just give him equal? Why do you care about izzy's wallet more than the others? Fair is fair and that's not what you're selling here.

I don't understand your point, izzy isn't complaint about selling his stake in the partnership and he took the money and I presume lived nicely off it. Why are you defending that on his behalf when he hasn't said anything about that in regards to the shows?

Yes, he played on a lot of guns n roses songs, I know that. He used to be in GNR and wrote some great stuff. GNR are playing GNR songs each night. If izzy isn't there should they not play songs that he was on? I saw a great cover band tonight, should they not play any songs either?

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

The details of the partnership are a matter of public record, they were released into the public domain during a law suit against Axl from slash and duff. If you are interested in facts you should search out that mumbo jumbo instead of pretty much accusing me of lying, despite you clearly not being informed on the matter.

i don't care if he HAD to sell his partnership stake or not, we aren't talking about that, the fact remains that he did and accepted that and took the money. Deal done, case closed, more than 20 years ago. I haven't heard izzy complaining about selling his partnership and he still retains all of his publishing and royalties. So what is the point? Are you claiming izzy was stiffed out of the partnership? That they fucked him over and that they should forget they paid him for his share and just give him equal? Why do you care about izzy's wallet more than the others? Fair is fair and that's not what you're selling here.

I don't understand your point, izzy isn't complaint about selling his stake in the partnership and he took the money and I presume lived nicely off it. Why are you defending that on his behalf when he hasn't said anything about that in regards to the shows?

Yes, he played on a lot of guns n roses songs, I know that. He used to be in GNR and wrote some great stuff. GNR are playing GNR songs each night. If izzy isn't there should they not play songs that he was on? I saw a great cover band tonight, should they not play any songs either?

I'd be glad if you would point me into the direction of that.

Well, if he had to sell, then that's that. That's what was agreed on by everyone involved and that's what he did, so that is not to be held against him. But I find it pathetic how some people do. For Axl/Slash/Duff it was easier to move on, with Izzy making a clear cut, than still having to deal with him, despite him not being in the band anymore. So I'm not sure, how him leaving the partnership is a bad thing for the remaining partners, that should be held against him now. And really, I don't care about anyone's wallet but mine.

That point is, that that is being held against him by some. The fact that he sold his shares back in the day is used as a justification for some to view him as outrageous for demanding equal pay. But that was then. This is now. Him wanting (somewhat) equal money for a tour happening in 2016/17 has (or should have) nothing to do with him selling his shares 26 years ago. But I'm willing to concede that we don't really know what was offered and what he actually demanded. I'm just going on his one sentence on Twitter here.

I never said that. But he shouldn't be treated as an employee with a lesser pay cut or just a salary.