Steven Adler in Argentina

I did meet him after the Adlers Appetite show and he was super friendly with all the fans and he was thanking each and every fan for coming to the show. 

Why does anyone needs to hang out for 20 mins with him after the show to know if he can play or not? 

Axl din't even hang out with his hired hands in his solo band, the dude had a separate bus, now if I start talking about Axl, his list will be pretty long. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

I think aside from him being a huge risk if they were relying on him to be the full-time drummer, he's just an outspoken and obnoxious personality who would add a level of drama that this reunion really doesn't need.

Yes, we can only have Axl be a difficult person to deal with. And as pointed out before, there is no risk AT ALL, when they were planning to bring Ferrer along anyway.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes, we can only have Axl be a difficult person to deal with. And as pointed out before, there is no risk AT ALL, when they were planning to bring Ferrer along anyway.

The poster said Steven was obnoxious, not difficult. Axl isn't obnoxious. And, I seriously doubt any human being here would want a person like Steven involved in a business or creative venture of any kind. He doesn't contribute shit, comes with tons of baggage, slows down, if not entirely halts progress, and is completely oblivious to many aspects of life and is fucking obnoxious. Why would anybody who put blood, sweat, and tears into a project bring on a guy who can at best ride coatails? 

• Like 1

Who is telling Steven to join Nasa and be an Astronaut? 

He is good at playing the drums and still can play them

he just wants to play the songs which he was a part of, end of the story. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Słash said:

I did meet him after the Adlers Appetite show and he was super friendly with all the fans and he was thanking each and every fan for coming to the show. 

Why does anyone needs to hang out for 20 mins with him after the show to know if he can play or not? 

Axl din't even hang out with his hired hands in his solo band, the dude had a separate bus, now if I start talking about Axl, his list will be pretty long. 

Being in a band, office, team, or organization is often more than being able to do the job.  Can you handle the extracurriculars?  Can you get along - avoid meddling, discourse...  Can you follow direction and are you able to compromise peacefully?  Are you flat out annoying?  

Also, can he play a whole tour of that magnitude?  Can he?

A fan meet n greet is not getting to know someone.

28 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The poster said Steven was obnoxious, not difficult. Axl isn't obnoxious. And, I seriously doubt any human being here would want a person like Steven involved in a business or creative venture of any kind. He doesn't contribute shit, comes with tons of baggage, slows down, if not entirely halts progress, and is completely oblivious to many aspects of life and is fucking obnoxious. Why would anybody who put blood, sweat, and tears into a project bring on a guy who can at best ride coatails? 

If you haven't noticed. Except flying together, soundcheck and the show, each one of them does their own thing while on tour. Nobody asks them to hang out 24/7 with Steven. And that he's too obnoxious (which is a difficulty) to hang around is a rumour. None of us really knows the guy, but every one here has their own agenda to dislike the guy and making up excuses to justify the others to exclude him from being a permanent member of the tour. I also get that some of you are not really GNR fans, but more Axl Rose fans (who might even prefer the imposters he toured with for the past decade) and don't really give a shit about classic and original GNR. And so far there is no creative venture involved. There is only the playing old songs.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

If you haven't noticed. Except flying together, soundcheck and the show, each one of them does their own thing while on tour. Nobody asks them to hang out 24/7 with Steven. And that he's too obnoxious (which is a difficulty) to hang around is a rumour. None of us really knows the guy, but every one here has their own agenda to dislike the guy and making up excuses to justify the others to exclude him from being a permanent member of the tour. I also get that some of you are not really GNR fans, but more Axl Rose fans (who might even prefer the imposters he toured with for the past decade) and don't really give a shit about classic and original GNR. And so far there is no creative venture involved. There is only the playing old songs.

I would rather see Izzy than Steven at one of the reunion gigs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I would rather see Izzy than Steven at one of the reunion gigs. 

Well, in terms of playing the live shows, I guess Izzy makes less of a difference than Steven. But of course, should they decide to write new songs, Izzy would be preferrable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I disagree about it being a creative venture.  But, i don't feel strongly enough either meat to debate that subject. Steven hasnt been a part of GNR since 1990 and nobody during the UYI tour missed him, so any claim that he deserves or should be there is silly because only about 200 people in the whole world give a shit. And those people are on this forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Słash said:

Steven makes a huge differnce too, can't you hear how obnoxious the drums are being played right now

I have listened to GNR live bootlegs, the Tokyo DVD and Paris concerts thousands of times. And the albums,too. And I seriously can't differentiate the difference. And nobody I saw the concert with notice either. Maybe if you are some audiophile, but again nobody but a select few on this Board give a shit. It doesn't affect anybody's life at all. And it has zero affect on the band or its ability to sell tickets. I don't understand why the very few whonguve a shit keep arguing the point. 

12 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I have listened to GNR live bootlegs, the Tokyo DVD and Paris concerts thousands of times. And the albums,too. And I seriously can't differentiate the difference. And nobody I saw the concert with notice either. Maybe if you are some audiophile, but again nobody but a select few on this Board give a shit. It doesn't affect anybody's life at all. And it has zero affect on the band or its ability to sell tickets. I don't understand why the very few whonguve a shit keep arguing the point. 

If it has Zero affect on anything then why do you give a shit?

On one hand you are saying you dont give a shit and you yourself is arguing

17 minutes ago, Słash said:

If it has Zero affect on anything then why do you give a shit?

On one hand you are saying you dont give a shit and you yourself is arguing

I can see that saying nobody gives a shit is arguing, but I being totally non-combative when I say I don't hear a difference and niether has any of the GNR fans I attended the show with. I just find the drumming part a silly argument because the amount of people who care are almost non-existant. Nobody has ever really cared about who is the drummer in GNR. It's never been an issue publicly .

17 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I can see that saying nobody gives a shit is arguing, but I being totally non-combative when I say I don't hear a difference and niether has any of the GNR fans I attended the show with. I just find the drumming part a silly argument because the amount of people who care are almost non-existant. Nobody has ever really cared about who is the drummer in GNR. It's never been an issue publicly .

Well each to his own man

I can see a huge difference in Franks drumming

For me Brent Snape Fitz plays GNR songs even better than Matt

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Exactly. 

On top of that Frank is an amazing drummer. That guy can jam, can go through the Appetite, Illusion, Chinese stuff, covers with great grooves. We care about Steven because after all the shit he went through we want to see him more often that's all. It's not like he is john bonham, no way he's going to replace Frank.

Edited by Silent Jay

On 04/03/2017 at 3:07 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

I still wonder what is people trying to argue.

Steven came to Argentina and was allowed to play only one song at each show. That is a disgusting thing to do and it's not up to discussion. It doesn't matter if that's the original arrengement or not, it's something disgusting to do to an old friend (and the fans, we were over the moon having Steven here and the band didn't care even when it meant no effort to let him play one more song each night at least). They had Angus Young (who I love but has NOTHING to do with GNR) playing two covers at three shows in a row but they couldn't let Steven play at least the two songs he had been playing with them at both shows. If you're ok with this, if you don't see how fucked up it is, then I'm sorry but you don't have a fucking heart

Yeah really disgusting giving Steven the opportunity to play to a sold out stadium and PAY HIM and his expenses, who do these guys think they are?

When was the last time Steven was playing stadiums by the way? He said himself he can't even fill a bar with fans these days. Where are all of you when he plays his solo tours and can't even break even? Don't you have a heart? Show him some support for god's sake, it's disgusting that this legend can't even fill bars or small clubs, so disrespectful of the fans not to show up and support him. This is the guy with the amazing SWING, he's the greatest drummer ever and now, because his fans haven't supported him, he's had to stop touring.

By the way, anyone who disagrees with me doesn't have a fucking heart or working legs and is probably not a real GN'R fan (that's how it works, right?)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

If radio interview Adler is every day Adler, he'd be obnoxious to hang around. 

I think a lot of it is because Adler has his vision of what he wants them to be doing and probably wouldn't be shy about expressing that. Whereas Axl/Slash/Duff probably went through a painstaking legal negotiation to determine what they're doing and don't want to listen to Adler complaining about it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Steven is one of the reason those kids at Kids Reacts video say the song sound similar to each other.

Huh that was one kid. You can say that about all 5 guys.  How does he drums in Sweet Child sound like Brownstone, rocket queen etc?

sweet child 

On 04/03/2017 at 1:47 AM, Billsfan said:

There's no pointless insuts. I haven't labeled you, other than someone who assumes things. The stance you've taken is someone who feels very defeated and someone who's defending a point that they know, can no longer be defended. So go ahead...

I'm on earth. I was discussing Guns N Roses and you're attempting to take it somewhere else. Cheap distractions won't help you though.

Adler should be in this. Izzy should be in this. I don't hate Frank, Richard, and I find Melissa annoying but labeling her next to the term hate is crazy. At least I think so. Why do you having a problem with that make me a bad poster?

Adler and izzy aren't "in this" because of their own actions. You should direct your anger at them as they fucked this up for you not Axl, Slash or Duff, who, for no other reason than to do something for the fans and Steven offered him a opportunity (no matter how limited). Steven isn't selling any tickets! They did it for him and the fans, no other reason. And to be fair, if Steven had played 3 songs per show you would want more. You want what you want and won't be happy until you get it.

• Like 2