Steven Adler in Argentina

Maybe they just bring Steven to soundcheck for some practice? But at the same time they didn't know that Steven have intentions to play at that day show.

Nevertheless, it's Steven own fault tho, if he didn't forcing himself to play at the show that one song accident would never happen, he practically embarrassed himself and then playing victim, he should respect the contract and if he really wants to come to the show don't try to do anything stupid and just stand there in the pit like the rest of his family.

Edited by Magnus Cavalerra

15 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Maybe they just bring Steven to soundcheck for some practice? But at the same time they didn't know that Steven have intentions to play at that day show.

Nevertheless, it's Steven own fault tho, if he didn't forcing himself to play at the show that one song accident would never happen, he practically embarrassed himself and then playing victim, he should respect the contract and if he really wants to come to the show don't try to do anything stupid and just stand there in the pit like the rest of his family.

You can't be saying that seriously. Practice? They didn't know he had intentions of playing?

You're making up the fact that he forced himself into the show out of nowhere. Steven didn't say anything about Slash or Duff being upset because he was there and watching the pictures, it doesn't look like there were any problems.

Also I have no idea what contracts you're talking about. According to Steven, Duff called him the day before to invite him to his first show in Ohio, so there doesn't seem to be a contract other than the one he signed very early on which is probably the no press piece of shit of a contract.

But again, even assuming there are contracts for each guest appearance (is that the case with Angus too? Angry? Baz?), they could have told him at the hotel on thursday "you're playing the saturday show, not tomorrow, that's what we had talked about" and not take him to soundcheck. They didn't need to soundcheck those two songs both days, that doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 4:18 PM, blackmore said:

Hi guys,

by accident, I was watching the footage of GnR playing in Buenos Aires on 4th Nov 2016 a few moments ago. And I stumbled across the scene after Out Ta Get Me, where Steven wanted to continue with My Michelle but, they turned his drums off! You can see it in the video here (1:45:33) - just click on the play-button:

And the most emberassing thing is. The whole band, Axl, Slash and Duff go away and hide behind the curtains, because they're probably too emberassed to interact with Steven, because he's like "WTF is going on here? Why did they turn the drums off?". Look closely. And this is the only time that Slash starts the Wish you were Here thing at the front of the stage. I would love to know if he was okay with what had just happened or if it was just an Axl thing and Slash just thought: OK - let's get through that and just pretend that nothing happened... It's really to see. But Duff and Slash acted very professionally as if nothing happened.

What do you think? Steven was right it seems...

Once again Adler twists things up.  He didn't start playing another song and that's clear from the video.  Yes they cut the lights and probably the sound on his kit for slash to start the next song.  Possibly adjustments for when Frank comes back.  Adler's a moron and an ex-junkie who lies or twists shit up to make himself seem like the good guy.  If you can't see through his shit your living in a fantasy world...with him I guess.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Maybe they just bring Steven to soundcheck for some practice? But at the same time they didn't know that Steven have intentions to play at that day show

lol, if that's the case then they would have told him that on Thursday.  I imagine what happened is he showed up in Argentina and was contractually bound to be allowed to play two songs. The band probably meant two in one night at show two.  They probably talked and I imagine GnR management was involved and they all agreed, ok you can choose....two songs night two or one song each night.  Steven made his choice at that point.

lets all remember there's a bigger issue at play in all this in that shortly before Steven got fired in 1990, He got a visit from Erin Everly whom Axl was married to at that time and apparently gave her a speedball and then she passed out or whatever and Steven called Axl over and when he arrived she was naked.  At the time Axl felt Steven may have drugged her and raped her, maybe Axl still feels that way.  If he does, then that would explain why he refuses to interact with Steven don't you think?

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

That's pure assumption and speculation on your part. Considering he has been doing soundcheck with Slash and Duff, it is very much possible and likely, they he got their okay to play during the show. Don't you think they talk to each other? Why else do the soundcheck on the first show?

Edited by PatrickS77

17 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If he does, then that would explain why he refuses to interact with Steven don't you think?

Well, I guess it's quite obvious that for whatever reason Axl doesn't like Steven and the others don't care enough to jeopardize the whole thing.

Edited by PatrickS77

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Steven with the band (except for that one member who was at a different hotel and doesn't show up for soundchecks) and crew doing the soundcheck for the first show. The pcitures were uploaded by SLASH'S GIRLFRIEND.

So no, I'm sorry by I'm not buying the Steven tried to ambush the band theory. If they only wanted him to play the second show, they could have told him before taking him to the soundcheck but maybe they were fine with him doing both shows and there was only one guy who wasn't and he happened to find out at the very last moment...

I wonder why nobody notified Axl before the show. Fernando was staying at the same hotel with the band and (I think) so was Del, so they knew. At least they, if not Slash or Duff, should tell Axl that Steven was doing soundcheck with the band and was going to play in both shows. Did they assume that Axl wouldn't mind if he was informed in the last minute? Yes, Axl was in his own world, isolated in his hotel and he doesn't do soundchecks. However, he had the right to know who would play at the show. And although his reaction was in effect insulting to Steven, maybe he felt like being dictated or tricked (he's not the most sensible person in the world but he's oversensitive) and his "wtf is he doing here?" comment wasn't going just or mainly for Steven, but had mostly to do with the fact that he wasn't told beforehand*.

Unless they all thought that Steven went to soundcheck to rehearse for the second night and then went to the show and told them he wanted to play (I think it's a plausible explanation).

*I'm thinking, if that was how things went on, that maybe Fernado's post in which he was full of love and gratitude towards Slash had to do with the Buenos Aires incident; maybe Axl blamed Fernando and Slash got in the middle and took the responsibility.

Edited by Blackstar
added
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You can't be saying that seriously. Practice? They didn't know he had intentions of playing?

You're making up the fact that he forced himself into the show out of nowhere. Steven didn't say anything about Slash or Duff being upset because he was there and watching the pictures, it doesn't look like there were any problems.

Yeah, you don't know that every musician even the one that had reached legend status still practice? That's why they playing the some full song at the soundcheck, if on your mind soundcheck it's just checking if the instruments working properly or not they will just play random noise or just the song chorus, not full-blown Estranged or RQ that you can hear on facebook. Steven last time playing with them is few months back, of course it's better to practice more because they need to tune themselves on same frequency/chemistry.

Of course there's a contract on about anything, they're huge ass band not some high school prom band, if not then Angus, Baz, or Steven would not get paid, contract is to make sure you do what they asked and get paid as the return, it's for legal standings.

21 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

That's pure assumption and speculation on your part. Considering he has been doing soundcheck with Slash and Duff, it is very much possible and likely, they he got their okay to play during the show. Don't you think they talk to each other? Why else to the soundcheck on the first show?

To practice, maybe they know he already arrived, and they bring him to sound because they know he got nothing better to do.

They talk to each other but maybe they don't know that Steven wants to play at that day, maybe they think he's joking and not be serious about him, the way Steven talks maybe helped them confuse if he was serious or not.

3 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

To practice, maybe they know he already arrived, and they bring him to sound because they know he got nothing better to do.

They talk to each other but maybe they don't know that Steven wants to play at that day, maybe they think he's joking and not be serious about him, the way Steven talks maybe helped them confuse if he was serious or not.

Ah, yes... the operating word here is "maybe". But you don't know.

37 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

lol, if that's the case then they would have told him that on Thursday.  I imagine what happened is he showed up in Argentina and was contractually bound to be allowed to play two songs. The band probably meant two in one night at show two.  They probably talked and I imagine GnR management was involved and they all agreed, ok you can choose....two songs night two or one song each night.  Steven made his choice at that point.

lets all remember there's a bigger issue at play in all this in that shortly before Steven got fired in 1990, He got a visit from Erin Everly whom Axl was married to at that time and apparently gave her a speedball and then she passed out or whatever and Steven called Axl over and when he arrived she was naked.  At the time Axl felt Steven may have drugged her and raped her, maybe Axl still feels that way.  If he does, then that would explain why he refuses to interact with Steven don't you think?

Isn't Axl is the one who go to hospital too see Steven whe he got OD'ed? And the last one who sign the Steven firing letter?

Maybe at personal level Axl just done with Steven, you know on real life almost every people had that one friend who they used to had some trouble with, but didn't hate them anymore just feel so done they didn't care about that person existence, maybe at that time Axl is dragging the time giving Steven last chance, but Steven choose to remain the same, and Axl is finally done with him and sign the letter.

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ah, yes... the operating word here is "maybe". But you don't know.

Everybody word here is counted as "maybe" unless there's a evidence or fact to support it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trev said:

Once again Adler twists things up.  He didn't start playing another song and that's clear from the video.  Yes they cut the lights and probably the sound on his kit for slash to start the next song.  Possibly adjustments for when Frank comes back.  Adler's a moron and an ex-junkie who lies or twists shit up to make himself seem like the good guy.  If you can't see through his shit your living in a fantasy world...with him I guess.

Thank you for speaking up trev. You bullseye's it. If people can't see what he is then they live in a fantasy world. Furthermore, Steven contradicts himself when he says he has no resentments towards the band members, but then says Axl kicked him out because he is a control freak. If had no resentments he wouldn't be talking shit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Thank you for speaking up trev. You bullseye's it. If people can't see what he is then they live in a fantasy world. Furthermore, Steven contradicts himself when he says he has no resentments towards the band members, but then says Axl kicked him out because he is a control freak. If had no resentments he wouldn't be talking shit.

Even his recent interviews are like "I love everyone I'm not bitter but they didn't treat me right and this tour isn't how it should be"...

I think aside from him being a huge risk if they were relying on him to be the full-time drummer, he's just an outspoken and obnoxious personality who would add a level of drama that this reunion really doesn't need.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

14908167_10210010137902334_5381025789588495089_n.jpg

Steven at Slash and Duff's hotel on thursday morning. First show was on friday.

Steven leaving the hotel with the band to go to the stadium the day of the first show.

IMG_4735.JPG

IMG_4740.JPG

Steven with the band (except for that one member who was at a different hotel and doesn't show up for soundchecks) and crew doing the soundcheck for the first show. The pictures were uploaded by SLASH'S GIRLFRIEND.

So no, I'm sorry but I'm not buying the Steven tried to ambush the band theory. If they only wanted him to play the second show, they could have told him before taking him to the soundcheck but maybe they were fine with him doing both shows and there was only one guy who wasn't and he happened to find out at the very last moment...

I'm not saying Alder did try to push or ambush himself into the show, but given his personality I can entirely believe Adler would try to push or ambush himself into a show. 

8 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Even his recent interviews are like "I love everyone I'm not bitter but they didn't treat me right and this tour isn't how it should be"...

I think aside from him being a huge risk if they were relying on him to be the full-time drummer, he's just an outspoken and obnoxious personality who would add a level of drama that this reunion really doesn't need.

Apparently you missed where even he said there was never a plan for him to be the full time drunmer, so why comment on things that are confirmed to never have been a possibility?  Besides the fact you like to continuously make this same point over and over and over....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Apparently you missed where even he said there was never a plan for him to be the full time drunmer, so why comment on things that are confirmed to never have been a possibility?  Besides the fact you like to continuously make this same point over and over and over....

Oh I'm aware there was never a plan for him to be the full-time drummer, it's been a continuous complaint by many around here since the reunion. My point is the fact that he can't handle guest spots without bringing some drama is a good indication why he wasn't considered to be full-time.

Alright, I give up. They allowed Steven to play one song at each show and the other option was playing two songs at the second show only, meanwhile they let Angus "I have nothing to do with GNR" Young play two songs at three shows in a row, yet you find a way to make it Steven's fault. You guys are right, Steven is an idiot, he can't play, Appetite sucks and it's his fault, he shouldn't have been there at all and no one in the whole stadium was chanting his name. Fuck Steven, hail whoever is in the band right now, no matter how he plays the songs...

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I wonder why nobody notified Axl before the show. Fernando was staying at the same hotel with the band and (I think) so was Del, so they knew. At least they, if not Slash or Duff, should tell Axl that Steven was doing soundcheck with the band and was going to play in both shows. Did they assume that Axl wouldn't mind if he was informed in the last minute? Yes, Axl was in his own world, isolated in his hotel and he doesn't do soundchecks. However, he had the right to know who would play at the show. And although his reaction was in effect insulting to Steven, maybe he felt like being dictated or tricked (he's not the most sensible person in the world but he's oversensitive) and his "wtf is he doing here?" comment wasn't going just or mainly for Steven, but had mostly to do with the fact that he wasn't told beforehand*.

I agree with you on that, they should have let Axl know. In my opinion that's Slash and Duff's fault. Not to defend Steven but he has no contact direct contact with Axl and had no chance to tell him himself (at least that's what I get from his comments "I told Slash to ask him..." about doing something for Apptetite's anniversary).

Anyway, I'm out of this subject for good, can't take it any longer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Alright, I give up. They allowed Steven to play one song at each show and the other option was playing two songs at the second show only, meanwhile they let Angus "I have nothing to do with GNR" Young play two songs at three shows in a row, yet you find a way to make it Steven's fault. You guys are right, Steven is an idiot, he can't play, Appetite sucks and it's his fault, he shouldn't have been there at all and no one in the whole stadium was chanting his name. Fuck Steven, hail whoever is in the band right now, no matter how he plays the songs...

I agree with you on that, they should have let Axl know. In my opinion that's Slash and Duff's fault. Not to defend Steven but he has no contact direct contact with Axl and had no chance to tell him himself (at least that's what I get from his comments "I told Slash to ask him..." about doing something for Apptetite's anniversary).

Anyway, I'm out of this subject for good, can't take it any longer.

If he was supposed to play 2 songs at 1 show, then showed up at another show and agreed to do 1 song on 2 shows instead, and tried to just keep playing, yes, that's Steven's fault. It has nothing to do with Angus appearances. 

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Oh I'm aware there was never a plan for him to be the full-time drummer, it's been a continuous complaint by many around here since the reunion. My point is the fact that he can't handle guest spots without bringing some drama is a good indication why he wasn't considered to be full-time.

Ok, but again....he wasn't considered to be full time bc that was never a consideration in the first place as there are songs he wasn't going to play....keep grinding your ax though lol

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Ok, but again....he wasn't considered to be full time bc that was never a consideration in the first place as there are songs he wasn't going to play....keep grinding your ax though lol

If they'd let him be in the band Adler would play Limp Bizkit covers. He wasn't considered because he's unreliable and unpredictable. 

Just now, Modano09 said:

If they'd let him be in the band Adler would play Limp Bizkit covers. He wasn't considered because he's unreliable and unpredictable. 

Grind......you're just being obtuse for the purpose of your own agenda now.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried to hang out with Adler for more than 20 minutes?  Give it a whirl if you get the chance and you'll see why he isn't in a band, sober or not.  Shit, I wonder why no other bands have asked him to play in the past 25 years??

• Like 2