The Keith Moon Thread

Len Cnut

15 minutes ago, J Dog said:

What about him accidentally killing his mate?

He killed his best mate Neil Boland.  So the story goes they were in a pub, drinking and Moon stayed late, there were a bunch of skinheads in the bar not best pleased with his presence and even less pleased when it was chucking out time and everyone got outside and realised they'd be walking home while that flash bastard had a Bentley outside which his mate Neil was driving.  Anyway the skinheads surrounded the car and were banging on it and generally being a nuisance, massive crowd of them, Neil being a game sort went outside and basically started on the lot of them for hitting the car, then in the melee Neil disappeared and Moonie, fearing for his and his wifes safety climbed into the front seat and started driving, with the idea being he'd drive through the crowd and get himself to safety, unbeknownst to Moonie Neil was lying in front of the car.  Apparently he was dragged halfway down the street until Moon realised.  It's written in a lot of cheap bios as his 'chauffeur' but he wasn't, he was his best mate/minder/guy who kept him out of trouble.  Moonie needed one of these all the time cuz he was just plain dangerous, after him it was Dougal Butler, who quit after i think at least a decade of putting up with Moon.  He's interviewed extensively in most Moon bios.  

pa230076_01.jpg

Thats Neil there, next to Moonie (what a stupid thing to point out, I mean it sure ain't the other two is it? :lol:)

Edited by Len Cnut

30 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

It's still a shithole.

With some particularly unpleasant people in it to this day.  I mean it ain't even a fuckin' town is it, it's just this grey concrete fuckin' encampment in the middle of some twistey roads.  'The Galleria', thats about all there is there, horrible place, don't even like driving through it.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That posh accent he put on is hilarious, totally hilarious. I bet they wish they never asked him about playing pinball too :lol:

He literally did it EVERYWHERE though...and he's from fuckin' Wembley :lol:  It's rare you ever hear his proper voice, you see it in the Russell Harty interview where he rips Pete Townshends sleeve off, nearly pulls out his dick and almost outs Harty as a homosexual (thats a lot to get done in a single interview eh? :lol: )  

The whole interview is hilairious, it's on The Kids Are Alright...but the 'how long you been happily married then?' comment is deliberate cuz Harty was a closet poof so he was kinda putting him on the spot on national TV :lol:  It's hard to tell with Moonie cuz he's putting it on 99% of the time.  They say he nicked the posh accent from their manager, or co-manager, Kit Lambert, whoose father Constance Lambert founded the Royal Opera.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Well damn. I didn't know about the car thing. That's wild.

The pinball interview is the best :lol:

He changes his accent there too if you listen, it starts off like some sort of 18th Century Dickensian pervert and ends up sounding quite posh.  He's fucked up in Tommy the musical too, he plays Uncle Ernie the pedo:

Apparently the whole costume was his persona, he turned up to shooting like that, with all the dildos and sex shit and all :lol:  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

He changes his accent there too if you listen, it starts off like some sort of 18th Century Dickensian pervert and ends up sounding quite posh.  He's fucked up in Tommy the musical too, he plays Uncle Ernie the pedo:

Apparently the whole costume was his persona, he turned up to shooting like that, with all the dildos and sex shit and all :lol:  

The wink and grin just crease me up everytime I see that. :lol: