Was Come Together Axl's final public performance before the wilderness years?

50 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i don't think that's 93/94 because you can hear Gilby quite clearly, back then Axl was the main singer and Gilby joined in for the chorus, this seems the reverse of that.IMO.

I think this is from a Gilby show in 94, and that's why he's singing lead.

Edited by MrSoftie

5 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

it's interesting with gilby… what is the true story between him and axl?  i always got the impression axl looked at gilby as a slash and duff guy and didn't want him around… but this clearly would suggest otherwise.  loved gilby in the band.  i think gilby and richard are quality replacements for izzy.   

Lawyers.   I mean leading up to this I think Gilby was suing or had sued Axl over the pinball machine or something petty.   But I think any lawsuit between the guys (Slash/Duff/Gilby etc... vs Axl) was all lawyer driven (on both sides).   Take away the "power hungry" and the ass kissers and put the guys in a room say circa 1999 and we have our band back then.    

• Like 1

Just now, Original said:

Lawyers.   I mean leading up to this I think Gilby was suing or had sued Axl over the pinball machine or something petty.   But I think any lawsuit between the guys (Slash/Duff/Gilby etc... vs Axl) was all lawyer driven (on both sides).   Take away the "power hungry" and the ass kissers and put the guys in a room say circa 1999 and we have our band back then.    

can you imagine if they got their shit together circa 99… THE BODY OF WORK THEY'D HAVE BY NOW.  i agree the egos, the power, the ambulance chasing lawyers, it all got so fucking horrible and they all played a role.  axl always takes the focus and heat but if slash is any kind of man he knows the role he played, that his ego played.  to slash's credit he came around literally decades before axl did about wanting to work shit out.   

too bad gilby never got a chance to write with the band, but i dig they acknowledged him at the rock n roll hall fame induction.  classy. 

Edited by Sunset Gardner