Flea trys to stop the ebayers

KeyserSoze

Thats fucking dumb.

Theres miles of room in between EBay seller and "name a song off our third album" level fan. Especially when you're as mainstream as RHCP.

Edited by Dan H.

37 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Thats fucking dumb.

Theres miles of room in between EBay seller and "name a song off our third album" level fan. Especially when you're as mainstream as RHCP.

I know you can't see the person asking, but in my experience the eBayers often have stacks of albums they want signed and it's usually the most popular one. When I met Roger Waters, there were guys on either side of me with literally stacks of The Wall, WYWH or DSotM in their hands. Roger wouldn't sign any of them which made me happy.

Looks like the guy might have had  had two different albums to sign but it is not clear from the video so you can't tell if the guy asked him to sign several items or copies of the same item...........I can see the point not to sign multiple copies of the same item as it most likely will be sold on ebay but if it was one item IMHO he would be  a bit of a dick to refuse to sign a single item or two if they are different things...........

I  have always been a casual fan  blues legend John Mayall.... next week I am going to see him  perform in a small pub. I will  bring my  first British vinyl pressings  of his very first album from 1962 and the famous  Mayall/ Clapton Beano album to ask him to autograph for my collection.  I have seen him in the past and he would always sign autographs and chat with his fans after the show but in all honesty if he asked me to name songs from a particular album I would be stumped. Doesn't mean I am not a fan but I just don't know his catalog like I do a band like the Stones..........Should he not sign for me  because I am not  "real fan" for not knowing the songs on all his albums?  

Edited by classicrawker

His name is DAGR Sportscards and Collectibles. Pretty obvious he's not an average fan. Making money off harassing celebrities. Ugh. Good on you, Flea!

I would assume he has loads of experience and smells an eBayer from a mile. If it was a bunch of average fans, I'm sure he wouldn't ask them to name a song.

3 hours ago, Lio said:

His name is DAGR Sportscards and Collectibles. Pretty obvious he's not an average fan. Making money off harassing celebrities. Ugh. Good on you, Flea!

I would assume he has loads of experience and smells an eBayer from a mile. If it was a bunch of average fans, I'm sure he wouldn't ask them to name a song.

That is the person who posted the Instagram not necessarily the person who asked for the autograph and was rejected by Flea..........The kid looked like he had 2 different albums to be signed so he may have been an average fan............

Edited by classicrawker

Personally I would never sell anything that I've had signed by someone I love.

I have many autographs from bands I've met and also actors from movies and tv. I put them all in an album.

But maybe people need money. Times are very hard right now for all middle and poor class people, so don't judge until you know what's up?

If Flea's worried about fans selling RHCP merch, why doesn't he buy it himself? lol