Axl vs. Freddie Mercury

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Point being its still there.  And with Tommy too.  And that Lifehouse project, fuck me, even i cant make head nor tale of that and I'm a master of assigning shaky convoluted interpretations on art.

I read an interview a few years ago with Roger and he said he did not understand what the hell Pete was on about and still doesn't.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I read an interview a few years ago with Roger and he said he did not understand what the hell Pete was on about and still doesn't.

None of em did! :lol:  In fact literally no one did, not Moonie, not Entwhistle, not Rog', not Lambert and Stamp, not even his mate Richard whatshisface from art school whoose in all the documentaries.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:04 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, it's natural that as time goes on, the generations that held Elvis in the highest regard are er, no longer with us, and as the next generations move on up they hold someone else in high regard because that someone is linked more specifically to them and their memories.  Gradually, the musical icons of the 50s and 60s are fading away from the collective cultural memory (if that makes any sense?).  Currently, we're still holding onto icons of the 70s (Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix) but only just.  You can see that 80s and early 90s icons are now starting become more prominent in a retrospective way.  In years to come, Justin Bieber and One Direction will probably be revered. Which is scary.

They will. And it really is scary and tragic that the the likes of Biebs and Taylor Swift will be regarded as icons of early 21st century. I mean, where do we go from that??

Are some of the mods homophobic? A few lines in one of my posts said it was irrelevant that Freddie was gay and it's creepy to talk about what others do in their bedroom, those lines were blacked out/deleted

It's funny because some of the judges of what's proper are highly improper themselves, I know one is a flaming racist for certain. 

i think the rules should be posted upfront, don't be shy: Homophobia , racism , bigotry and blind loyalty to the GnR brand are welcome, all others will be censored--Sincerely, Joseph