Axl vs. Freddie Mercury

You know, I believe Axl has enough in him to blow Freddie away, Axl has/d more rasp, took AC/DC by storm, without saying Freddie never wrote something like November Rain or Estranged, if Rose actually composed the whole thing by himself which I'm beginning to doubt. But man don't you release new music sometimes? Ain't fucking enough. Chinese Democracy looks like that tiny isolated island in the middle of it.

Edited by Silent Jay

19 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

without saying Freddie never wrote something like November Rain or Estranged

Hahahahahahahahaha

the only point you have is that everything Freddie composed was indeed not like those 2 songs, far superior. 

40 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Hahahahahahahahaha

the only point you have is that everything Freddie composed was indeed not like those 2 songs, far superior. 

of course Freddie had the opportunity to expand himself as an artist, to grow, to develop each musical paths he wanted to cross. Even when he went solo. Axl crashed and burned quickly when he was on top time went by so fast he faded away, he had 100% the opportunity to raise the bar and send us back into hell with new music. One crazy went gay, the other crazy went fat and pretty lazy with creativity.

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

of course Freddie had the opportunity to expand himself as an artist, to grow, to develop each musical paths he wanted to cross. Even when he went solo. Axl crashed and burned quickly when he was on top time went by so fast he faded away, he had 100% the opportunity to raise the bar and send us back into hell with new music. One crazy went gay, the other crazy went fat and pretty lazy with creativity.

Freddie, more than anyone in rock history, "expanded himself as an artist", grew and developed "multiple musical paths". Freddie did it, he will forever be a legend. 

Freddie being gay is completely irrelevant, it's more than creepy and perverted to speak on what Freddie did in the bedroom.

Axl did some great work, but did he help to ruin a band that could have done a lot more? Absolutely. Axl needs to collaborate to produce, which is not a negative, it only becomes problematic when he wants to screw over those he most needs, like Izzy.  

Freddie accomplished a lot more in his 46 years than the vast majority of people, not just artistically, but as a human being.  He died young and yes, had he not, could have continued to do more things, primarily--live.  

But this comparison between the two is completely absurd. First, they're very different. Second, I do love GnR but they never evolved anywhere close to the level of Queen. And third, Freddie had loyalty and a large set on him, 2 critical things Axl lacks.  

I do think Axl coming out of the closet and performing the past year took some guts but he had to use trickery and lies to quell his insecurities.  It brought the quality way down, not to mention once again, screwed others which taints it all and demonstrates he has not developed much as a person, which everyone, including artists, must do in order to expand.

Maybe Axl is too disturbed and the sum of what he did was everything he had, which is not bad, it was really good, maybe we should just be realistic and acknowledge his good accomplishments.  But what the man has come to master, is realizing his deepest fears but never learning how how to come out of them, he has the self fulfilling prophecy down to a science. Had Axl not blocked Adler and Izzy from being in their own band, and here the universe gave him a second chance to get it right this time, he could have made a lot of strides in learning how to handle his demons so it's a bit ironic that what he believes he needs to be safe, is his very undoing. I guess when you don't do the right thing for the sake of honesty and integrity, and common decency, "it might cost a lot more than you think".  

In the '70s it was that British gayness Frankie Howard/Kenneth Williams comedy thing. The British love a good queen. Freddie used to call the crowds, and understand that Queen crowds were filled with the same sort of hairy arsed denim clad hordes you see at most gigs, ''my little darlings''.

Let's put this tomfoolery to rest and let the gods speak: 

And Roger Taylor, the drummer, sings "Tenament Funster" which is the first part of this 3 song melody 

Hundreds more where that came from 

Edited by Pishy

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He's a personal hero of mine, ol' Sidney, bless him. 

Yes, but could he write Ogre Battle?

It is a song about - you guessed it - ogres having a battle. (And I give Zeppelin so much grief for this sort of stuff!!).

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, but could he write Ogre Battle?

It is a song about - you guessed it - ogres having a battle. (And I give Zeppelin so much grief for this sort of stuff!!).

I got no problem with getting a bit airy fairy, I mean I like Tommy and Quadrophenia for crying out loud. Queen just don't do anything well or anything interesting to my mind. 

Edited by Len Cnut

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I got no problem with getting a bit airy fairy, I mean I like Tommy and Quadrophenia for crying out loud. Queen just don't do anything well or anything interesting to my mind. 

Quad is not airy fairy. It is Brighton. It is seaside fish and chips.

My dad loves Queen so much. I started listening Queen since I was probably 5 yrs old. I didn't listen to GN'R since I was like 13.

My dad knows Freddie was gay and he died because of AIDS, didn't stop him to love Freddie. I might even think Freddie is my dad role model for confidence, my dad even had a moustache for most of his adult life until I was in high school 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

It is also about death and rebirth and young boys that liked tight fitting suits and eyeliner.  The ideas behind Quad are very airy fairy.

Only if you buy into Townsend's silliness. The rest of the band are a corrective on that.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only if you buy into Townsend's silliness. The rest of the band are a corrective on that.

Point being its still there.  And with Tommy too.  And that Lifehouse project, fuck me, even i cant make head nor tale of that and I'm a master of assigning shaky convoluted interpretations on art.