“'We listened to you next door, always loved your guitar. Izzy’s gone, would you play with us?’” = THE DAY WHEN SLASH ASKED MARC FORD TO JOIN "GUNS N ROSES"

At the time, he probably would have been an appropriate foil for Izzy. He does have a very similar loose style of rhythm playing that brings to mind the stones.

But the Crowes were HUGE when Slash asked him to jump ship. He would have just been a paycheck player in Guns. In retrospect, i'm sure he made the right choice.

Its strange to me that Slash asked a lead player in Marc Ford to join Guns (Gliby calls himself one too, but he's more a rhythm guy to me).  And Slash also invited Fortus who can shred to play with his solo stuff, apparently.  Its strange because thats what Axl was envisioning too.  Such similar hopes for the guitar future of GNR.  So close!  

Side note: that new magpie salute track is pretty banging'

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

Its strange to me that Slash asked a lead player in Marc Ford to join Guns (Gliby calls himself one too, but he's more a rhythm guy to me).  And Slash also invited Fortus who can shred to play with his solo stuff, apparently.  Its strange because thats what Axl was envisioning too.  Such similar hopes for the guitar future of GNR.  So close!  

Side note: that new magpie salute track is pretty banging'

I am a HUGE Crowes/Rich fan myself, which new track off MS do you exactly mean?

20 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

I am a HUGE Crowes/Rich fan myself, which new track off MS do you exactly mean?

The track Omission that was imbedded in the article.  Id love to hear more.  I dint know about them until this.  Crowes are incredible!

3 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Oh yeah, Omission is great. Check Rich solo stuff

Yeah, I should.  I think around the time Lion came out - as much as I enjoyed the album - I was let down with some of the attitude from the Chris and tapped out on the whole scene.  Ill check that out, thanks!

10 minutes ago, soon said:

I was let down with some of the attitude from the Chris and tapped out on the whole scene.  Ill check that out, thanks!

Chris is very polarizing, for the most part I kind of see his side of it a lot. Especially on the John Mayer/Grateful Dead stuff that pissed so many fans off.

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

Chris is very polarizing, for the most part I kind of see his side of it a lot. Especially on the John Mayer/Grateful Dead stuff that pissed so many fans off.

I just had to look that up.  Im with him on criticizing the dead/mayer thing.  That partnering broke my heart!  Like WTF is that?!?!