Use Your Illusion 1 on Spotify

So I’m making a pregame playlist for the show I’m going to this week and noticed something frustrating on Spotify. Bad Obsession and The Garden are missing from the track listing of the album. I also looked into a couple of older playlists that I made with those songs and they are no longer there. I’ve seen albums/artists completely disappear, but it’s weird for just 2 songs like that. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or it’s just me....

Edited by ThermoNuclearWarrior
Typo

1 minute ago, ThermoNuclearWarrior said:

Good call, I notice the other missing songs after posting this. I’m guessing this could be his family/estate trying to get more or ANY royalties from the streams?

Could be?  Weird that Australia still has them, but I have no idea if theres regions of jurisdiction or something?  Come to think of it, I think I've seen people make reference to his estate being very 'involved' in the business of his catalogue. But I dont know anything about it.

Could just be a thing about publishing companies changing structures in streaming age and Arkeens publishing having yet to be updated, too though?

I finally caved at some point last year and joined a couple streaming services. This is one of the many reasons I held out for so long. Bad Obsession and The Garden missing means it's not UYI. It's the greater majority of songs from UYI, but it's not that album.

Here is the sales pitch from Spotify:

What’s on Spotify?

Music

There are millions of songs on Spotify. Play your favorites, discover new tracks, and build the perfect collection.

Playlists

You’ll find readymade playlists to match your mood, put together by music fans and experts.

New Releases

Hear this week’s latest singles and albums, and check out what’s hot in the Top 50.

(unless of course they remove something.....)