This I Love solo - old versions / new version

This I Love is a GNR  song from 1994 , I never got to hear SLASH play his version of the song in the studio , Dont even know if he did one, Robin is a great Player , nothing iconic or anything just a player who plays in band that dont do guitar solos , So I respect Robin's attempt at a solo , who knows did SLASH lay a demo solo for this in 1994? Its obvious that CHINESE DEMOCRACY riff is one SLASH wrote back in 1992 - check the youtube videos you can find it , SLASH OWNS THIS SONG LIVE

15 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

This I Love is a GNR  song from 1994 , I never got to hear SLASH play his version of the song in the studio , Dont even know if he did one, Robin is a great Player , nothing iconic or anything just a player who plays in band that dont do guitar solos , So I respect Robin's attempt at a solo , who knows did SLASH lay a demo solo for this in 1994? 

I have sometimes wondered this. The TIL solo is kinda outside of Robin's normal style to me - it sounds almost like Robin doing a Slash style solo his own way. Sort of like how the Catcher album solo is Bumblefoot's take on the existing Brian May solo but rendered his way.

17 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Its obvious that CHINESE DEMOCRACY riff is one SLASH wrote back in 1992 - check the youtube videos you can find it , SLASH OWNS THIS SONG LIVE

Absolute horse shit, Slash had nothing to with the song Chinese Democracy. He didn't come up with riff, he didn't write the riff.

The 2016 performances when Slash's guitar solo would hit hard after Axl's voice was one of the highlights in what was an incredible one two punch from the two guys everyone came to see. 

Surprisingly a song from CD had a built in emotional moment for Axl and Slash made it that highlight..but sadly now it's uninspired crap