The MYGNRFORUM Around the World Song Challenge

BlueJean Baby

23 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Day 73 - U.S. State of Georgia

I remember first hearing this as a kid when I was into all the hair metal stuff of the time. I already really liked the first record but this and the Southern Harmony album just completely blew me away.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

One of my favorite bands. They're great live too. They're kind of like your American version of Oasis, one brother is lead singer, one brother is lead guitarist, they hate each other just as much as they love each other. But when they love each other they can make some damn good rock n roll.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, J Dog said:

One of my favorite bands. They're great live too. They're kind of like your American version of Oasis, one brother is lead singer, one brother is lead guitarist, they hate each other just as much as they love each other. But when they love each other they can make some damn good rock n roll.

Yeah, great band. Didn't really do a bad album imo, although they would never top Southern Harmony (still right up there among my all time favourite albums). That period when Marc Ford first joined the band was absolute magic. I'd say they were the start of me getting into more rootsy rock, The Stones and all that kind of stuff. Never saw them live but I can imagine how great they were. Loved the live album they did with Jimmy Page.

:lol: the mack daddy make ya jump jump, the daddy mack make ya jump jump

The only problem with their style was, for a guy to wear his jeans backwards, man, just hard to take a leak that way. Apologies if that's TMI :lol:

• Haha 2

Only 15 more days of this challenge left after today. 

Since this one has been quite challenging, maybe the next one should be a little easier.

Any suggestions?

I thought maybe a random list challenge might be fun. Example, a different topic everyday, like song with a certain word in the title, song by an artist from a certain place, song about doing a particular thing, song with the best bass or scream, just random topics to keep it from becoming monotonous 😆