Is This the Last Studio Track that Axl and Slash Were On Together?

5 hours ago, vloors said:

And here 

and he lended his vocals as a guest on the recording of The Outpatience's (a band created by West Arkeen, a GN'R songwriter and friend) song Anxious Disease in 1996. Slash guested on guitar on this track and as such it is the last song they performed on together. According to a person who was involved in the process, Axl and Slash's parts were recorded separately as both would not have contributed if they knew they'd be on the same track.

How sad...

On 13/04/2018 at 10:51 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's West Arkeens project so he's probably the one on vocals.

How the hell did you get it? You really had to search that up as it was only released in Japan right?

no its another singer

not that hard to get if i remember correctly

Back in the limewire days this was listed as a GnR song and just assumed it was fake, I never actually listened to the whole song because it was presented as a GnR song, so when I heard the opening vocals, I just deleted it, it clearly wasn't a "GnR song."  I've been aware of this song for like 10 or 15 years and never listened long enough to hear the Axl part until now.

Edited by DeadSlash

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

For all we know, these recordings could've been done in the early '90's, and we're only released in '96.

Read the previous page. The bassist of the band confirmed the songs were recorded  when GN'R were working on a new album. That'd be 1994-1995.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Read the previous page. The bassist of the band confirmed the songs were recorded  when GN'R were working on a new album. That'd be 1994-1995.

I read the previous page perfectly well, thank you very much.

There's no mention of ANY year whatsoever.  That story is so shady, these recordings could've happened at any time up to '96.

25 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I read the previous page perfectly well, thank you very much.

There's no mention of ANY year whatsoever.  That story is so shady, these recordings could've happened at any time up to '96.

You are so arrogant you didn't even take into consideration when The Outpatience was formed :lol:

It was 1995. There's no way members of GN'R collaborated with them previous to that date :facepalm:

18 hours ago, killuridols said:

You are so arrogant you didn't even take into consideration when The Outpatience was formed :lol:

It was 1995. There's no way members of GN'R collaborated with them previous to that date :facepalm:

Ok then !  Since you seem to know everything, I'll shut up !

Edited by Nikki_Sixx
  • Sad 1

You can tell it was post 1993 vocally because Axl's vocals are already starting to sound a little "Mickey." The album came out I believe in April or May 1996 in Japan so my guess would be the vocals and guitar were recorded anywhere from whenever the Outpatience formed in 95 to early in 1996. I asked the keyboardist if he had any session logs to give a date but he did not have them anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

On the phone with Jamie now. Interview will be happening.

I cannot begin to describe how excited I am for this! That whole story of Wests death and that band is so tragic and interesting, it really needs to be told. That album is Wests last statement pretty much, I'd love to hear how they made it, Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff coming in etc. It was during that very tumultous time in the band that ultimately led to the breakup and info on that time of the band is very limited and interesting. That lawyer really sounds like a POS. I remember in that 2006 Eddie Trunk interview how Baz wasn't even aware of Wests death when he asked Axl about him.

And I just finished listening to the album for the first time and wow. Cold Duck, Walk On By, Smokin Dope and Sippin Tea and the title track are such killer songs. Very recommended album, a bit more on the acoustic side but great rock nontheless. It's on Spotify so everyone can check it out. Also if you don't mind, could you ask Jamie what the initials of the last track, I.F.H. stand for?:lol:

@Gambit83 maybe in the future you can also try contacting vocalist Michael Shotton later too? Maybe he has some great insights on the whole thing too. Not many people can say they sang on the same track with Axl.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

It wouldn't surprise me if that was Slash on the track Black Eye aswell. That outro solo has his style and UYI/Snakepit tone written all over it, or the guitarist tried really hard to put his Slash on.:lol: Could also just be him wanting to record through Slashs rig at the studio at the time since Slash did come in to record. Cool song either way.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown