08/16/21 - Denver, CO - Dick's Sporting Good Park

alfierose

On 8/19/2021 at 9:59 AM, Kelmi said:

I really wish that Axl would give an interview with Slash. He could tell whats up with his voice and about the future plans of the band. Thats just a fantasy though. Watching the Denver show. Im enjoying it but just curious whats up with Axls voice? He didnt practise singing at all during 2020 has caused this detoriation in his voice? He had covid and this is a symptom of it? Who knows.

I think we all need to cut him some slack. He's going to be 60 in February. He's also been singing in hard rock/metal bands since at least 1983. That's so much wear and tear on your vocal chords, and as your body ages, those things just don't return to form as they did years before. It should be obvious.

I think Axl sounded his best in the early 90's, but he also sounded fine in 2006. He was 44 then. He sounded a lot better at that age than other guys like David Lee Roth and Vince Neil when they were 44.

There's no magic pill for singers to give them the voice they had 30 years ago, and face it, with Axl, his singing ability should not be expected to be the same after 30 years.

Perhaps that's part of the reason why he invited Slash and Duff to return to the band. Who wants to see a band with a single original member that can't sing the way he used to?