08/16/21 - Denver, CO - Dick's Sporting Good Park

alfierose

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's not even been 2 weeks since the last song came out..I think you guys are dreaming if you think GNR will suddenly release new songs in a quicker timeframe than every other artist

Definetly dreaming mate if they think it’s gonna happen. I mean if they do ever play Hardschool on this tour, then some people here would be like “I wonder if they will play Perhaps next week? 😁

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I have had my own problems with Jarmo over the years but one thing I'd like to point out is that to my knowledge, he's never said one bad word about mygnr or it's users. 

I’ve used HTGTH a few times over last couple of decades - no issues here. Although…if it’s a case of he is/was tight with the band….does that mean we should give extra credence when he says stuff about new tunes? Serious question!

10 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I’ve used HTGTH a few times over last couple of decades - no issues here. Although…if it’s a case of he is/was tight with the band….does that mean we should give extra credence when he says stuff about new tunes? Serious question!

He's never really shared any inside info, but if he did, personally I'd listen up for sure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

No, because he doesnt know anything. All he says is "hopefully" and shit like that. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He's never really shared any inside info, but if he did, personally I'd listen up for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

No, because he doesnt know anything. All he says is "hopefully" and shit like that. 

Polarising responses at the very same time. 🤣

I could have sworn he said something recently…no matter I guess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

No it is the anniversary of Jarmo's first GNR show, that was what he said

I love how he feels it necessary to mention this. 99% of the audience have no idea who the fuck he is. 

So an audience member is more likely to pass from covid than know who Jarmo is. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I love how he feels it necessary to mention this. 99% of the audience have no idea who the fuck he is. 

So an audience member is more likely to pass from covid than know who Jarmo is. :P

It's because Axl lives in a very strange version of reality. The paranoid behaviour that leads him to deleting all videos online, refusing interviews, etc. goes hand in hand with surrounding yourself with "loyal" hangers-on, censoring his own fan-sites and rewarding the people that say "yes, good idea sir!" 

For the rest of the world not on planet Axl, it's a little hard to follow. 

Edited by johnnybebad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I don't really see how it's that big of a deal. He called out a guy that does some work for them, tied it into how long it took for the main three members to release a song, and then played it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I don't really see how it's that big of a deal. He called out a guy that does some work for them, tied it into how long it took for the main three members to release a song, and then played it. 

Yeah, he just mentioned Jarmo as "our good friend" who attended his first GnR show 30 years ago. The crowd who don't know who he is just took it as a shout out to a friend. That's all.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

It's a strange song to dedicate to a friend if you consider the lyrics. (And pardon me for seeing some irony in that.) Having DTJ dedicated to you would almost seem like a friendly gesture in comparison.

It was probably related to the other thing he said, like, it's been 30 years since this guy's first GnR show and also 30 years since Axl/Slash/Duff put out an original song, so he dedicated the first song they've released together in 30 years to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnybebad said:

It's because Axl lives in a very strange version of reality. The paranoid behaviour that leads him to deleting all videos online, refusing interviews, etc. goes hand in hand with surrounding yourself with "loyal" hangers-on, censoring his own fan-sites and rewarding the people that say "yes, good idea sir!" 

For the rest of the world not on planet Axl, it's a little hard to follow. 

I believe you're right on the money.