Hardskool (Original Version)

9 hours ago, Nintari said:

I understand lol. I'm just curious as to what would literally happen if the Admin just said fuck it. I mean, what are we talking about it here? Litigation? The site being taken down permanently? What?

We would all be turned inside out by god

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nintari said:

I understand lol. I'm just curious as to what would literally happen if the Admin just said fuck it. I mean, what are we talking about it here? Litigation? The site being taken down permanently? What?

Yes. The forum could get shut down if we break the rules. YT posts must be from official channels only, that also applies to any other band/singer. We know it sucks but it's not our fault.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aien said:

Ok, I saw the fact that I got mentioned, so allow me to clear things up a bit: my cover of HS is, as far as I can tell, "official". See this on the YT upload of my (non-auto generated) HS cover?
0CV1tjK.png

My music is officially licensed to YouTube and other streaming / download platforms, which means that there should be absolutely no legal issues in posting links to my cover. Feel free to do so.
If my distributor (ONErpm) acts up or insists on claiming any content that includes my original or cover songs, hit me up and I'll resolve the issue personally, because I license all my content as CC with only attribution required (although my distributor won't allow anything other than All Rights Reserved, so it's always a bit of a struggle).

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm curious about the writing credits in the description of your videos. For example, on your version of Hard Skool, all members of the 1999 lineup are credited as writers. Were those according to your best guess? Because it seems some media relied on your credits to their reports about the song, and then there was a press release from the band saying that it was written by Axl.

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm curious about the writing credits in the description of your videos. For example, on your version of Hard Skool, all members of the 1999 lineup are credited as writers. Were those according to your best guess? Because it seems some media relied on your credits to their reports about the song, and then there was a press release from the band saying that it was written by Axl.

Keep in mind that I released this in November 2020, so I didn't have much to work with. The only source that would tell me anything about the songwriting credits of HS was Genius and it made sense to me. After all, the version I worked off of sounded like a lot of people had contributed to it, so I went with it. That being said, I should definitely update the songwriting credits of "Silkworms" (but I'm not too sure about HS yet, so I'll wait for a PRO to certify the specific songwriters, because the credits listed on most streaming platforms refer to "Guns N' Roses" being the songwriter, which I cannot work with).

EDIT: Actually, there's quite a few songs that would need their credits altered :wacko:

Edited by Aien
Correction about altering songwriter credits
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Eh? I must have totally missed this - when did that press release appear?!