AI Axl by Zoyer

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

AI seems to be more liked by the person using it as opposed to those just listening. A bit like having a fake designer handbag, if you know the brand you can spot a fake easily. Same with the band.

Let me tell ya what I’ve learned after 3+ decades of NYC living… you gotta get them to take you to the “back room” of the designer duds operations to see the REALLY GOOD fakes.

I ain’t talkin corner buys, I’m talking the same exact designer goods, coming from the same workshop, with a very different price tag.

BUT I totally get what you’re saying otherwise, and agree with you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IzzysMissy said:

Let me tell ya what I’ve learned after 3+ decades of NYC living… you gotta get them to take you to the “back room” of the designer duds operations to see the REALLY GOOD fakes.

It's the same in Thailand and Turkey but you can still tell a fake from the real thing 9 times out of 10. A casual GnR fan wouldn't notice the difference between AI Axl or real Axl but hardcore fans can. Just like the real Prada bag owners can spot the fake Prada :lol:

• ABSUЯD 1

33 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Most of you people here don't seem to get it. Of course the melody of the voice is going to sound the same as the original one. What the AI does is to put a particular voice into a song and change it with the original one.

The AI is not creative enough to CREATE a new singing style or melody for the song, it just replaces the voice.

This is not ""a filter"" like many of you said here. It is an artificial voice that it's been trained with a bunch of samples of Axl's voice

I "get it" just fine thanks.

I said it sounded "like" a filter because is does. I did not say it was one. But thanks for breaking it down for us meer mortals.

14 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I "get it" just fine thanks.

I said it sounded "like" a filter because is does. I did not say it was one. But thanks for breaking it down for us meer mortals.

I did not intend to be rude with anyone for you to react like that. I'm complaining more about the fact of people just throwing shit when after all it's just a fanmade thing made by some guy at his house, which already sounds better than Axl playing hard skool live.

The AI stuff is kinda interesting to hear as a novelty, but I wouldn't listen to any of those more than once (I only listened to a couple when they were posted on discord). I just don't get the hype some people have for AI music... we all know Axl probably won't release another album in his lifetime, but if someone is so desperate for new Axl vocals that they'll accept fake AI songs, that's just weird. There's too many real bands still releasing good music to bother with AI shit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Uncle Bob said:

Most of you people here don't seem to get it. Of course the melody of the voice is going to sound the same as the original one. What the AI does is to put a particular voice into a song and change it with the original one.

The AI is not creative enough to CREATE a new singing style or melody for the song, it just replaces the voice.

This is not ""a filter"" like many of you said here. It is an artificial voice that it's been trained with a bunch of samples of Axl's voice.

Same way I'm pretty certain Freddie wouldn't sing Thriller like this, but it's a fact it sounds like him, and it's cool. I don't intend to see this as something else to what it actually is, and for what it is, something not real, sounds pretty good.

I'm honestly very excited with all these AI songs, given the almost fact that there's not going to be any GNR album anytime soon, I have more interest on this than on Axl's capability of releasing music.

I just wish they could use more modern kind of music, I'm kind of tired of classic hard rock music.

I'm glad you think that is cool . I really believe M  ..& Freddie would be rolling in their graves. ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The AI stuff is kinda interesting to hear as a novelty, but I wouldn't listen to any of those more than once (I only listened to a couple when they were posted on discord). I just don't get the hype some people have for AI music... we all know Axl probably won't release another album in his lifetime, but if someone is so desperate for new Axl vocals that they'll accept fake AI songs, that's just weird. There's too many real bands still releasing good music to bother with AI shit.

I think it's more weird that people still go to these shows and accept his singing. As long as you're aware of what it is, I think it's good. The "have you ever seen the rain" cover is very well done except for the fact that some words make no sense. But it is still impressive and scary that this can be made. And imagine how better it will get in around a year

2 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

I think it's more weird that people still go to these shows and accept his singing. As long as you're aware of what it is, I think it's good. The "have you ever seen the rain" cover is very well done except for the fact that some words make no sense. But it is still impressive and scary that this can be made. And imagine how better it will get in around a year

There's no defending his live vocals, but that's a totally different argument lol. At least concerts are still a fun environment, even if Axl can only sing half a dozen songs.

AI will sound better eventually though. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time until someone takes evader's version of The General, pulls some AI trickery on the vocals, and tries to leak it as the real thing...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

18 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I haven’t listened to the AI stuff but prime Plant smokes prime Axl imo. They’re both great for different reasons though 

No way does prime Rose get smoked by prime Plant. But that's for a different thread:lol:

Welp , since the big man himself popped in & seems to be all for this ai malarkey  @Uncle Bob :PI'll just leave this John Connor quote here then 

" The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves."

Edited by wendirosez
add

1 hour ago, wendirosez said:

No way does prime Rose get smoked by prime Plant. But that's for a different thread:lol:

Welp , since the big man himself popped in & seems to be all for this ai malarkey  @Uncle Bob :PI'll just leave this John Connor quote here then 

" The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves."

I'm confused, I'm not Zoyer. I don't even know how this is done

I know, I have this tattooed in my arm:)

MTXX_MH20230528_234811869.jpg

• GNFNR 1

I liked fall to pieces, just think the AI fails with Axl because it needs two or three different AIs, so to speak, one to emulate the higher registry, one for the lower voice, and a third one for the mid range, then mix the best part of each version to recreate the full song. Old dogs can lay under the sun for all I care, is fun to be able to hear this. Not really art, in the common sense, but it is still fun.

• Like 1