AI Axl by Zoyer

They don't work. They sound weird, its like an axl filter over the original vocalist, I can still hear ther real singer underneath. It's feels exploitative.

I love mashups and tinkering with actual accpellas but this feels wrong.

also from a mixing mastering point the vocals are way too high in the mix.

It's awful

4 hours ago, wendirosez said:

Doesn't help i don't rate the original  bloke 's voice from LZ...:shrugs:.what's his name again ? Oh ,that's right Robert Plant.

But yeah.Not for me :lol:

Also known as one of the greatest voices in rock 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Also known as one of the greatest voices in rock 

One of ...but  each to their own , which unfortunately  just got wreaked by the Axl ai  ..  .

Back on topic i guess-.Do you agree that their ai covers are not good ?

Edited by wendirosez
add

I definitely still hear the original singer within the blend, the tech has a bit of ways to go before both that as well as the uncanny valley vibes sort of go away

It is one of those ideas where, it is neat for a few seconds but other than that I end up more scared for future singers trying to make a living than I am impressed by the technology lol

2 hours ago, wendirosez said:

One of ...but  each to their own , which unfortunately  just got wreaked by the Axl ai  ..  .

Back on topic i guess-.Do you agree that their ai covers are not good ?

I haven’t listened to the AI stuff but prime Plant smokes prime Axl imo. They’re both great for different reasons though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rapidfire said:

realistically speaking, it would be great if this rasp filter can be used live. Might not be the most authentic, but at least it makes him sound like he used to without lip syncing.

realistically speaking, no it would not be great it would be imbarissing & two steps away from Milli Vanilli.

1 hour ago, Rapidfire said:

Might not be the most authentic

Might?....Really?  Might???? 

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

In a couple of years we can hear flawless sounding versions of Taylor Swift singing Get In The Ring and it will be the best song she ever put out.

:P

in a positive light , (going off topic again) @Rapidfire you have a really cool pp . so there's that . So, what is your favourite video there that you posted?

17 hours ago, Rapidfire said:

There's this channel that has AI Axl doing covers. Thought it would be really interesting to share and discuss. Some worked out great, while some were really odd.

Too bad Axl cant sing like these AI versions anymore. Now he sounds like his balls have been removed.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, wendirosez said:

:P

in a positive light , (going off topic again) @Rapidfire you have a really cool pp . so there's that . So, what is your favourite video there that you posted?

Haha yeah! it's a nice one that I found that fits well with GnR with the skull and all. I really like Heat Above out of all of them as Greta Van Fleet has a very high vocal range, which gives me some room to imagine what Axl could do.

• Like 1

Most of you people here don't seem to get it. Of course the melody of the voice is going to sound the same as the original one. What the AI does is to put a particular voice into a song and change it with the original one.

The AI is not creative enough to CREATE a new singing style or melody for the song, it just replaces the voice.

This is not ""a filter"" like many of you said here. It is an artificial voice that it's been trained with a bunch of samples of Axl's voice.

Same way I'm pretty certain Freddie wouldn't sing Thriller like this, but it's a fact it sounds like him, and it's cool. I don't intend to see this as something else to what it actually is, and for what it is, something not real, sounds pretty good.

I'm honestly very excited with all these AI songs, given the almost fact that there's not going to be any GNR album anytime soon, I have more interest on this than on Axl's capability of releasing music.

I just wish they could use more modern kind of music, I'm kind of tired of classic hard rock music.